Who you got for New GM and Coach?

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
TheGrey08

Re: Who you got for New GM and Coach?

Post by TheGrey08 »

Personally I think Rick did a solid job overall when you look at the alternatives, but I'm glad they're bringing in a new GM along with a new HC. It was time for change.

HC - They need a good leader that believes in putting players in the best position to succeed and not a stubborn old school type who has a rigid system. Ideally an offensive minded coach, but at the very least a defensive coach who understands the importance of bringing in a legit OC and letting them run the show.

From the experienced pool, Pederson seems to believe in those things. Then you have the young offensive mind types like Moore. Both are intriguing.

QB - Kirk is a good QB, making basically elite money. That's not going to work going forward. If the next HC wants him as their QB and Kirk takes a drastic pay reduction in the low 20m range, sure. Otherwise I'd be looking hard at trade options/draft options. Kirk making 30-35m vs 20-25m is the difference that leads the team going after a low end mid tier 5m per OL instead of a good 10m+ per OL. To me it's all about QB cap % compared to their actual value.