QB Retreads

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Re: QB Retreads

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Haskins just got cut. I am not sure he gets another serious opportunity in the league.

It is crazy he beat out Joe Burrow at Ohio St.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Haskins just got cut. I am not sure he gets another serious opportunity in the league.

It is crazy he beat out Joe Burrow at Ohio St.

Getting cut from a team that doesn't actually have anyone for the future and is eating over 8 million guaranteed money certainly says something. Maybe this gets his attention. At this point I'm not sure what his talent level actually is though. He performed well in college there is no doubt about that in my mind. There was a lot of talent around him though.

Alex Smith is still signed for another year so if he is healthy I'd assume he is next year's starter and they look for another young QB. Haskins is a cautionary tale of drafting that young QB and it doesn't work out it can be somewhat costly. My brother is nailing his strong QB takes from the last couple years. He was very down on Haskins and very high on Herbert.

How did your brother feel about Rosen?

I liked Jordan Love in the 2020 class. We will see how that works out in a few years. It seems like in the NFL you need more than talent to make it at QB. You need to love the game and love watching film.

Good Haskins video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RznLvwK7RsU&t=617s

The guy is a complete lost cause. If you can't learn from Alex Smith to be an NFL QB you are not an NFL QB.
Monster

Post by Monster »

How much will he need to pay to bring Heinicke back home?
mrhockey89

Post by mrhockey89 »

Haskins reminds me of a more intelligent but less talented Jamarcus Russell. Last man in, first man out, where's the purple drank and the strippers?

Sorta reminds me of the scout that said many years ago that he interviewed both Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf in pre-draft and asked both what they would do with their first paycheck. Leaf said he was going to take his buddies down to Mexico to celebrate (I believe it was), while Peyton said he's going to buy a computer that can help him break down defenses. Leaf had the better physical profile, but which QB would you want?

As a side note, I watched some game tape of Pat Mahomes from college the other week. That guy was making all the same ridiculous throws then that he does now. I know there was question as to his play translating to a NFL style offense but wow that guy had such obvious talent. It makes me scratch my head as to how the Bears could pay someone millions to review tape to trade up for Mitch Trabisky while Mahomes was staring them in the face, and they no doubt did plenty of homework on the kid. Apparently art was the subject of their homework rather than NFL football.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Is there a cap hit for trading Cousins? Can we offer Cousins + picks for Watson?

Watson contract APY is 39 Million versus Cousins at 33 Million.
Monster

Post by Monster »

WolvesFan21 wrote:Is there a cap hit for trading Cousins? Can we offer Cousins + picks for Watson?

Watson contract APY is 39 Million versus Cousins at 33 Million.

So if the Vikings trade Cousinsthey would take a 20 million dollar cap hit for his 2 years left of 10 million in signing bonuses. Whoever traded for him would have him for 46 million over 2 years which isn't actually that bad especially if they wanted to save a bunch of money this year where they would only have an 11 million cap hit. Watson is a pretty similar situation for this year in terms of what Houston and the Vikings would have to pay him. So basically each team would be paying around 30 million this year for their QB position and then they would have the contracts of their new QBs beyond that.

I simply can't imagine them wanting to do this deal but who knows I guess. I would think there would be some really amazing Offers for Watson if he was available and the Vikings should certainly call and check in if that happens. I wouldn't get your hopes up. Lol
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

I would give up a lot to get him. He just had a career year statistically and I would consider him a top 3 QB going forward. 70 pct passing and 8.9 YPA, passed for the most yards, all I think led the NFL this season. He didn't have as many TD's as Rodgers but surpassed him in the other stats. Then who is he throwing to? He's young and can scramble well too.

They probably don't really want Cousins though, and we'd have to shell out probably 3 first rounders or something stupid which would make it hard to rebuild the defense and OLine. Maybe Hunter and Cousins package, lol. I wish, then build the OLine up and we'd have a stupid offense scoring 35 a game easy.

No chance, just rambling nonsense. lol
Monster

Post by Monster »

WolvesFan21 wrote:I would give up a lot to get him. He just had a career year statistically and I would consider him a top 3 QB going forward. 70 pct passing and 8.9 YPA, passed for the most yards, all I think led the NFL this season. He didn't have as many TD's as Rodgers but surpassed him in the other stats. Then who is he throwing to? He's young and can scramble well too.

They probably don't really want Cousins though, and we'd have to shell out probably 3 first rounders or something stupid which would make it hard to rebuild the defense and OLine. Maybe Hunter and Cousins package, lol. I wish, then build the OLine up and we'd have a stupid offense scoring 35 a game easy.

No chance, just rambling nonsense. lol

Yep there is basically no chance but kinda fun to think about. It's worth remember Cousins was 2nd in YPA to Watson followed by Rogers and Mahomes. :)

I'd love to get a stud young QB one way or a true but I do think of the Vikings can get healthy and draft a couple of the right guys this could be a pretty good team with Cousins.