QB Retreads

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Re: QB Retreads

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I hope Watson gets traded to the Dolphins.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I hope Watson gets traded to the Dolphins.

They've given up on Tua already?
Monster

Post by Monster »

Haskins signs with the Steelers. I'm sure it's the type of deal they could cut him and have very little to worry about in terms of cap considerations. Seems like a reasonable flyer for them to take when they don't have their guy for the future...or maybe even next season depending on if Big Ben decides to hang it up.

monsterpile wrote:Haskins signs with the Steelers. I'm sure it's the type of deal they could cut him and have very little to worry about in terms of cap considerations. Seems like a reasonable flyer for them to take when they don't have their guy for the future...or maybe even next season depending on if Big Ben decides to hang it up.

Hopefully it works out for all involved. Haskins will be going to a great situation. Getting out of his home town certainly should help. Hopefully he takes advantage of the situation. It sounds like the life long goal was to make the NFL and I can see him being just glad to make it, but the greats want more and maybe this will give him that focus.

https://www.nfl.com/news/alex-smith-dwayne-haskins-crazy-gifted-must-eliminate-distractions

TheSP wrote:

I am not sure you can call it giving up if you trade him for Watson. It would be a good move for both teams. The Texans are a mess and the Dolphins are already on the verge of making the playoffs.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:
TheSP wrote:

I am not sure you can call it giving up if you trade him for Watson. It would be a good move for both teams. The Texans are a mess and the Dolphins are already on the verge of making the playoffs.

I'm pretty sure the Texans plan is for Josh McCown to be the player coach.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Some how some way Aaron Rodgers will be Viking next year. After his comments tonight there's no way he's a packer next year. Also he has so much respect for Zimmer as a coach.

I don't see a route to the Vikings. I think he could go somewhere else and then come here like Farve. We just need to build the roster for that opportunity like the Bucs did for Brady and we did for Farve.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Jester1534 wrote:Some how some way Aaron Rodgers will be Viking next year. After his comments tonight there's no way he's a packer next year. Also he has so much respect for Zimmer as a coach.

Or maybe we could try to get that Brady kid...he looks like he might have a bright future in the NFL.
Monster

Post by Monster »

FNG wrote:
Jester1534 wrote:Some how some way Aaron Rodgers will be Viking next year. After his comments tonight there's no way he's a packer next year. Also he has so much respect for Zimmer as a coach.

Or maybe we could try to get that Brady kid...he looks like he might have a bright future in the NFL.

It seems pretty clear that Rodgers is finally going to listen to Zimmer and just retire. Lol