Season is basically over...so now what?

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
Wolvesfan21

Re: Season is basically over...so now what?

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

khans2k5 wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:7.8 YPA

100 QB RATING

Kirk Cousins over last 6 seasons.

7.3 YPA

101 QB RATING

Aaron Rodgers over last 6 seasons.

I'm not sure you can really make a case Rodgers is that much better. He may have less weapons to throw to arguably. So I included some Cousins data from his time in Washington too.

Ideally every position on the team the player outperforms his contract, especially at QB.

I don't know what to say to someone that thinks Cousins is in the same league as Aaron Rogers because of YPA and QB rating. QB rating is the PER of the NFL. Cousins has thrown double digit picks in 5 of the last 6 seasons. Rodgers hasn't thrown double digit picks in over a decade. Cousins has almost twice as many fumbles in the last 6 years compared to Rodgers (57-30). It's just not close. GB would have had the best offense in the NFL and might have pushed it to historical numbers if he had Thielen, Diggs and Cook to work with last year and Thielen, Jefferson and Cook to work with this year.

I would put Aaron about 3-4 range of current QB's. Cousins about 10. Mahomes and Russell for sure over Rodgers.

Just pointing out the difference isn't as drastic as you think. Neither do other NFL pundits. Here is a ranking from last season-

https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-ranking-every-quarterback-to-start-a-game-in-2019-0ap3000001101720

They had Rodgers 7, Cousins 8.

That said if we can draft a better QB I'm all for it.
Monster

Post by Monster »

WolvesFan21 wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:7.8 YPA

100 QB RATING

Kirk Cousins over last 6 seasons.

7.3 YPA

101 QB RATING

Aaron Rodgers over last 6 seasons.

I'm not sure you can really make a case Rodgers is that much better. He may have less weapons to throw to arguably. So I included some Cousins data from his time in Washington too.

Ideally every position on the team the player outperforms his contract, especially at QB.

I don't know what to say to someone that thinks Cousins is in the same league as Aaron Rogers because of YPA and QB rating. QB rating is the PER of the NFL. Cousins has thrown double digit picks in 5 of the last 6 seasons. Rodgers hasn't thrown double digit picks in over a decade. Cousins has almost twice as many fumbles in the last 6 years compared to Rodgers (57-30). It's just not close. GB would have had the best offense in the NFL and might have pushed it to historical numbers if he had Thielen, Diggs and Cook to work with last year and Thielen, Jefferson and Cook to work with this year.

I would put Aaron about 3-4 range of current QB's. Cousins about 10. Mahomes and Russell for sure over Rodgers.

Just pointing out the difference isn't as drastic as you think. Neither do other NFL pundits. Here is a ranking from last season-

https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-ranking-every-quarterback-to-start-a-game-in-2019-0ap3000001101720

They had Rodgers 7, Cousins 8.

That said if we can draft a better QB I'm all for it.

Last year Rodgers sure. He didn't look like an awesome QB just a pretty good one. This year is a different story 39 TDs and 4 INTs...um...that's pretty good.

Now is Cousins maybe better than some give him credit for? Yeah I think that's debatable and a solid position to take and one I've said many times. Rudolph is a pretty good TE to have around too in addition to the other skill players. The oline Cousins has played with much of his career has been pretty bad.

GB even with their injuries tends to find ways to have a worthwhile oline...my guess is Rogers has something to do with that though. The great players make everyone better. Cousins is a good player. Rodgers is a great player going to go into the HOF with no doubts and there will be some that will call him the GOAT and it won't be a ridiculous position to take.

Today I was looking around to see if there was any websites that had oline rankings. I found some random fantasy sport websites that had oline rankings. I don't know if those were legit or how they came to them but they had the Vikings in the middle in the middle to late teens. That sounds good and honestly I could buy that...maybe. Vikings are right in the middle in terms of sacks. Lots of factors go into how many times a QB is sacked but that's not a terrible number. The line has looked much more competent the last few weeks. There are some pretty poor injury ravaged units out there. The Vikings are pretty healthy knock on wood.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

I could maybe buy that. I do think the line is better run blocking then pass blocking over the season. They certainly struggle when the Vikes are in obvious passing situations and even worse when the Vikes are trailing by a couple scores (real obvious passing). They just can't block well when asked to do it down after down. We see so much play action and boots or rollouts which help the line.

I do think GB seems year after year to have a better then avg line, better pass blocking for sure. Credit Rodgers and the GB FO or blame SPielman? Maybe all 3.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

Giving up 33 points to that garbage Bears offense to basically end your season sounds about right for this year.
Monster

Post by Monster »

khans2k5 wrote:Giving up 33 points to that garbage Bears offense to basically end your season sounds about right for this year.

I will say Mitch T did actually look like an NFL starting QB in that game. He almost gave away the game though. That Mooney kid does some good things when he gets the ball. Meanwhile the Rams lost to the Jets today.

Dan Bailey remembered how to kick so that's good.

Well it was a bit of a fun run to see it pretty much end with 2 weeks to go.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

How could the Jets lose? Seriously horrible performance for the Jets.

Mitch T did look decent today. Any games we win at this point are pretty hollow victories. Honestly year after the 1-5 start I was hoping we wouldn't win another game.