Who you got for New GM and Coach?

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
TAFKASP

Re: Who you got for New GM and Coach?

Post by TAFKASP »

I thought that Rick Speilman guy was good with his last team, maybe the Vikings should take a look at him!
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

TheSP wrote:I thought that Rick Speilman guy was good with his last team, maybe the Vikings should take a look at him!

Kind of shitty really. 14th ranked offense and 31st ranked defense.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Mike Zimmer ends his Viking stint with the 3rd best winning percentage...trailing only Grant and Green. Still, I agree it was time for a change. I don't blame him for our defensive woes this season...how can you stop the other team when you lose all four starting defensive linemen? But his caution on offense (I recognize he wasn't the coordinator, but it starts at the top) really hurt us this year. The game plans were so frustrating.

I'm actually kind of optimistic. The new GM will hire a coach who will immediately fire Kubiak. And with a healthy receiving core of JJ, Thielen, AJ and Smith (and Cook), I think our new coordinator will let Cousins out of the cage he has been put in and allow him to thrive. I predict Cousins will be among the league leaders in TD passes next season, and if Cook is healthy, we will have a top 5 offense. Then if we can get our injured defensive players back, the playoffs will be a lock I think.

A little Vikings optimism...
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

FNG wrote:Mike Zimmer ends his Viking stint with the 3rd best winning percentage...trailing only Grant and Green. Still, I agree it was time for a change. I don't blame him for our defensive woes this season...how can you stop the other team when you lose all four starting defensive linemen? But his caution on offense (I recognize he wasn't the coordinator, but it starts at the top) really hurt us this year. The game plans were so frustrating.

I'm actually kind of optimistic. The new GM will hire a coach who will immediately fire Kubiak. And with a healthy receiving core of JJ, Thielen, AJ and Smith (and Cook), I think our new coordinator will let Cousins out of the cage he has been put in and allow him to thrive. I predict Cousins will be among the league leaders in TD passes next season, and if Cook is healthy, we will have a top 5 offense. Then if we can get our injured defensive players back, the playoffs will be a lock I think.

A little Vikings optimism...

I think there is a good chance the new GM and HC want their own QB. Kirk needs to restructure either way. If he was cheap enough it's not the worst thing to keep him, but I honestly am ready to move on. It's just so hard to build a roster when the QB is so severely overpaid. Thanks Rick!
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Unrelated... but it is Vikings and Zimmer related...

So there are people that were legitimately upset about not giving Jefferson a tainted garbage-time record? It would have been forced... in a season that already had a 17th game.

I would have been appalled had any coach thrown the ball in that situation. Heck, you knew it was a meaningless game when the announcers mentioned the "record" 309 times in the 4th quarter. The entire thing was pure clownshow.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Unrelated... but it is Vikings and Zimmer related...

So there are people that were legitimately upset about not giving Jefferson a tainted garbage-time record? It would have been forced... in a season that already had a 17th game.

I would have been appalled had any coach thrown the ball in that situation. Heck, you knew it was a meaningless game when the announcers mentioned the "record" 309 times in the 4th quarter. The entire thing was pure clownshow.

It wasn't a real record anyways. It was an extra game. You need to beat it on a per game basis I think to be legit.
FNG

Post by FNG »

You know the answer to this one, Abe. Of course there are those people...and they're the same ones who applauded Ricky Davis missing a shot and putting in the rebound so he could get his "triple double"!
Monster

Post by Monster »

Abe i agree with you and others that have replied. I was kinda pissed off that people were so upset about it and I didn't even think about the 17th game. Look if the record holder happened to be someone like Bernard Berrian or whatever fine dial it up I guess but the record holder is Randy freaking Moss. If you are gonna beat the record of a HOFer one of the best to ever play do it reasonably legitimately not on a cheap play at the end of a meaningless game. Also why do people care that much about this record anyways? It's a little weird. I get that some of the frustration is out of frustration with the offense in general but still.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

monsterpile wrote:

Abe i agree with you and others that have replied. I was kinda pissed off that people were so upset about it and I didn't even think about the 17th game. Look if the record holder happened to be someone like Bernard Berrian or whatever fine dial it up I guess but the record holder is Randy freaking Moss. If you are gonna beat the record of a HOFer one of the best to ever play do it reasonably legitimately not on a cheap play at the end of a meaningless game. Also why do people care that much about this record anyways? It's a little weird. I get that some of the frustration is out of frustration with the offense in general but still.

We're living in a world where we need to quantify everything.

On a positive note, Jefferson did beat the "record" for most receptions AND yards in a season where the Wolves won at least 5 games in weather that was between 34 and 59 degrees at kickoff in cities with at least two "e"s in its name.

ESPN had a cool graphic about it or something.
Monster

Post by Monster »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

We're living in a world where we need to quantify everything.

On a positive note, Jefferson did beat the "record" for most receptions AND yards in a season where the Wolves won at least 5 games in weather that was between 34 and 59 degrees at kickoff in cities with at least two "e"s in its name.

ESPN had a cool graphic about it or something.

WOW!!!!!!!