Brian Dozier retires

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Monster

Brian Dozier retires

Post by Monster »

He ended up having a pretty nice career and was one of the big reasons I paid attention to the team during that time. It sounds like he was enjoying being with his family and so decided to retire.
Jester1534

Re: Brian Dozier retires

Post by Jester1534 »

monsterpile wrote:He ended up having a pretty nice career and was one of the big reasons I paid attention to the team during that time. It sounds like he was enjoying being with his family and so decided to retire.

Should've traded him earlier. Good on the dodgers for not giving up Julio Urias for him.

Anyways always loved Dozier and his firey spirit. I'll never forget being at the game where hit that wall off home run right before the all star break.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

So is he the best 2B in Twins history? Carew and Knoblauch were pretty damn good too.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:So is he the best 2B in Twins history? Carew and Knoblauch were pretty damn good too.

I was wondering he same thing. I went back and looked at at Carew's numbers. He is the best IMO he was an MVP one year a HOFer and was an all star every single season with the Twins. Dozier, Carew and Knoblauch are a pretty good trio of Twins 2nd Baseman.

Edit: Carew won the MVP when he was primarily a 1st baseman. I only remember him playing for the Angels.