bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Twins Playoffs 2019 Thread

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Bring on the Yanks.
Jester1534

Re: Twins Playoffs 2019 Thread

Post by Jester1534 »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Bring on the Yanks.

I will be in Vegas for pretty much the whole series. I'm just hoping we can get to a game 5. Bomba Squad!!!!

How can they deny "The Turtle"?

I am still curious about the playoff roster. Will they have any surprises? Can they change them at all besides player injuries? Or can they change them from series to series?
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

bleedspeed177 wrote:How can they deny "The Turtle"?

I am still curious about the playoff roster. Will they have any surprises? Can they change them at all besides player injuries? Or can they change them from series to series?

The 25 man is the 25 man for this series alone. If someone gets hurt let's say Kepler tweaks his shoulder and has to be pulled of the roster. He's no longer eligible for the next series but would be eligible for the World Series.

Very shocked that Lamont Wade didn't make the 25 man roster. I just don't know what use CJ Crohn has on this roster with that thumb injury. He has the worst WPA in baseball and WAR -3.00 range. Literally they're 3 games better without him. Adrianza coming back was nail in coffin for the turtle. I fully expect if he wasn't healthy the turtle makes the roster.

The reason I'm Bullish on Wade is late in games I like his speed. He can play center and move Kepler to Right field and if he does have an AB he's going to give you a quality one. Once again the twins are just blessed with outfield talent.

I am in the minority, but we could have had him as a backup at catcher and utility guy. That could have left room for a guy like Wade. Will Castro play in this series?
Monster

Post by Monster »

jester1534 wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:How can they deny "The Turtle"?

The 25 man is the 25 man for this series alone. If someone gets hurt let's say Kepler tweaks his shoulder and has to be pulled of the roster. He's no longer eligible for the next series but would be eligible for the World Series.

Very shocked that Lamont Wade didn't make the 25 man roster. I just don't know what use CJ Crohn has on this roster with that thumb injury. He has the worst WPA in baseball and WAR -3.00 range. Literally they're 3 games better without him. Adrianza coming back was nail in coffin for the turtle. I fully expect if he wasn't healthy the turtle makes the roster.

The reason I'm Bullish on Wade is late in games I like his speed. He can play center and move Kepler to Right field and if he does have an AB he's going to give you a quality one. Once again the twins are just blessed with outfield talent.

I'm with you on Cron but I think it's tough with him because he is the everyday 1st baseman and I think he has played really well defensively over there...and then he doesn't dig out a tough ball in game 1. I think the Twins had a number of tough calls for players on this roster and it was more that guys had shown something not that you wonder which player to leave off.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Tough deal getting swept and none of the games being very close but I wasn't expecting a deep run anyway so it's on to 2020. I feel good about where this team is headed even though there are some legit questions to be answered.