Obligatory opening Day assement

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Jester1534

Obligatory opening Day assement

Post by Jester1534 »

I really like Odorizzi I didnt realize he had such a good breaking ball and he's got one of those sneaky fastball.

I think Rosario is going to have a bust out season to bad he got robbed today?

I already hate Zach Duke, I'm so tired of lefty junk ballers.

Logan Morrison is a big man

Miguel looked super overweight to me, my own mother sent me a message about how big he's gotten.

Fernando Rodney had no control over his fastball today he missed his spot Everytime he threw it today, even on the double play ball.

I think Eduardo is a better SS than polanco so I'm not that upset that Polanco got his suspension.

Fun stats about Brad Radke since he was brought up a couple times about how many opening day starts he had. Brad gave up 326 home runs in his career which is 36 overall and almost half those were given
Up in the first two innings. His era in the first inning was 6.43.

Also for giggles is Joe Mauer a HOF player? I made 50 dollar bet today with close friend that he will make the HOF he's only 13 hits away from 2000
Monster

Re: Obligatory opening Day assement

Post by Monster »

jester1534 wrote:I really like Odorizzi I didnt realize he had such a good breaking ball and he's got one of those sneaky fastball.

I think Rosario is going to have a bust out season to bad he got robbed today?

I already hate Zach Duke, I'm so tired of lefty junk ballers.

Logan Morrison is a big man

Miguel looked super overweight to me, my own mother sent me a message about how big he's gotten.

Fernando Rodney had no control over his fastball today he missed his spot Everytime he threw it today, even on the double play ball.

I think Eduardo is a better SS than polanco so I'm not that upset that Polanco got his suspension.

Fun stats about Brad Radke since he was brought up a couple times about how many opening day starts he had. Brad gave up 326 home runs in his career which is 36 overall and almost half those were given
Up in the first two innings. His era in the first inning was 6.43.

Also for giggles is Joe Mauer a HOF player? I made 50 dollar bet today with close friend that he will make the HOF he's only 13 hits away from 2000

I watched the complete first couple innings and then this morning watched the condensed game. The Twins could have easily won this game but a couple plays went the other way. If Castro blocks one more ball maybe they win. For a junk baller striking out 4 guys in an inning ain't bad. Lol Sorry I couldn't help mentioning that.

Odorizzi sure showed off that high fastball that Has been talked about plenty and it seemed like the hitters weren't interested in laying off it. He had a nice start it's too bad the Twins didn't win this one but it was a solid outing all around.

Mauer as a HOFer? I think it makes sense. The longer he plays at a reasonably high level the better the chances. If he has a couple more seasons hitting over .300 and plays gold glove caliber 1b I'm not sure how he shouldn't be considered. His years as a catcher were terrific HOF worthy and if he can make people forget about those years he wasn't anywhere near the hitter he was yeah I can see it. He has to have another solid season. I'm gonna guess they are gonna make sure he gets rest and There will be a solid number of of days here and there Morrison or Sano will be playing 1b to give him a break.