Where are they now thread: Former Twins...

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Monster

Where are they now thread: Former Twins...

Post by Monster »

I saw something about Nolosco giving up a bunch of HRs this year. I looked it up. His career high in HRs he gave up was his 197 innings last year between the Angels and the Twins was 26. He has 21 this year in 79 innings. Lol This thread could easily get depressing depending on what player you look up but I found that a bit amusing.
Jester1534

Re: Where are they now thread: Former Twins...

Post by Jester1534 »

No one google Aaron Hicks lol
Monster

Post by Monster »

jester1534 wrote:No one google Aaron Hicks lol

That reminds me...a couple nights ago I had a dream that John Ryan Murphy tore up his shoulder or something and had to have surgery. I woke up later...not feeling particularly concerned. I just looked it up..yep...ok it was a dream. Lol
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Jester1534 wrote:No one google Aaron Hicks lol

You may not want to look up Oswaldo Arcia too...I know it's only AAA, but he's putting up triple crown type numbers.
Monster

Post by Monster »

It's kinda fun to look up some of the guys that this team had and how they are doing. Hicks is still a nice player. Suzuki is hitting. Goodrum had a nice stretch. JT Chargois was tearing it up and it looks like he has come down to earth lately.

Meanwhile there are some guys the Twins moves on from that are...not doing much. Arica and Tonkin are playing in Asia. Danny Santana is at AAA with the Braves. There are guys out of the league entirely. The Twins has and continue to have some tough decisions on younger players. So far Chargois might be one guy they let go that does look promising still. It's been a bit now but the Hicks deal doesn't look too great although maybe Moya turns out to be a solid reliever for JRM. Is there some player I'm missing we let go that looks like we really screwed up? I liked Goodrum I was a bit disappointed he didn't stick around but is he more than a nice utility guy? Oh yeah Palka is doing some nice things for the White Sox.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

monsterpile wrote:It's kinda fun to look up some of the guys that this team had and how they are doing. Hicks is still a nice player. Suzuki is hitting. Goodrum had a nice stretch. JT Chargois was tearing it up and it looks like he has come down to earth lately.

Meanwhile there are some guys the Twins moves on from that are...not doing much. Arica and Tonkin are playing in Asia. Danny Santana is at AAA with the Braves. There are guys out of the league entirely. The Twins has and continue to have some tough decisions on younger players. So far Chargois might be one guy they let go that does look promising still. It's been a bit now but the Hicks deal doesn't look too great although maybe Moya turns out to be a solid reliever for JRM. Is there some player I'm missing we let go that looks like we really screwed up? I liked Goodrum I was a bit disappointed he didn't stick around but is he more than a nice utility guy? Oh yeah Palka is doing some nice things for the White Sox.

Your forgot that Justin Moreneau should replace Bert and be in the booth every game. I could listen to that guy talk about hitting for hours.
Monster

Post by Monster »

jester1534 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:It's kinda fun to look up some of the guys that this team had and how they are doing. Hicks is still a nice player. Suzuki is hitting. Goodrum had a nice stretch. JT Chargois was tearing it up and it looks like he has come down to earth lately.

Your forgot that Justin Moreneau should replace Bert and be in the booth every game. I could listen to that guy talk about hitting for hours.

Agreed. How is Roy Smalley in the booth? I really enjoy his podcast with Souhan lots of good info and stories.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

Future former Twins? This article said we will be sellers and Dozier, Lynn, and Eddie are candidates.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-trade-deadline-twins-reportedly-poised-to-be-sellers-and-these-three-players-look-available/
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

i
bleedspeed177 wrote:Future former Twins? This article said we will be sellers and Dozier, Lynn, and Eddie are candidates.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-trade-deadline-twins-reportedly-poised-to-be-sellers-and-these-three-players-look-available/

Yeah, we have to be sellers after losing 5 of 6 in Chicago :(. I agree that Dozier, Lynn and Escobar are the three top candidates, although Lynn didn't help his value much today. I'd hate to lose Eddie because he's such a great guy and is really hitting, but he would probably bring back the most value by far. And we should be fine in the middle infielders with Polanco, Gordon and Adrianza.
Monster

Post by Monster »

longstrangetrip wrote:i
bleedspeed177 wrote:Future former Twins? This article said we will be sellers and Dozier, Lynn, and Eddie are candidates.

Yeah, we have to be sellers after losing 5 of 6 in Chicago :(. I agree that Dozier, Lynn and Escobar are the three top candidates, although Lynn didn't help his value much today. I'd hate to lose Eddie because he's such a great guy and is really hitting, but he would probably bring back the most value by far. And we should be fine in the middle infielders with Polanco, Gordon and Adrianza.

Dozier has really struggled I wonder what the return would be for him at this point. Sad