Golden Opportunities (wolves vs warriors GDT)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
FNG

Re: Golden Opportunities (wolves vs warriors GDT)

Post by FNG »

lipoli390 wrote:Heck of a win for our Wolves tonight!! The Wolves persevered through KAT and Conley having a bad shooting night. But credit KAT for the big three at the end and the entire team sticking together, playing some good defense and making some big plays.

Well, in all fairness they were a combined 8 for 18 on threes...poor shooting on 2's though if that's what you meant. Kind of a mixed bag. As opposed to Ant who looked off on offense all night.

I will say this about Ant though...he was brilliant on defense. He didn't look like his ankle was bothering him at all on D.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

FNG wrote:The Warriors had won 3 in a row and were 30-7 at home, and we beat them with our two best scorers having subpar games. Tonight we showed how good a defensive team we are, and that is going to be huge in the playoffs.

Gobert had no offensive game tonight, but his defense was incredible. It's striking how different opponents' offenses look depending on whether he is in or not. So his block numbers are unimpressive, What do you expect when opponents are reluctant to even try anything inside? He completely intimidated the Wee Warriors (with a lot of help from SloMo).

Huge win!

Held the Warriors to 96 points without Jaden having an impact. That's big.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Another thing that just made my night - Draymond committed the turnover that resulted in KAT's big shot. Couldn't happen to a bigger asshole.
WallyBall

Post by WallyBall »

What a refreshing win
We loose these games 9 of of 10 times normally
This team has grit
We fit well together
For the first game with all of the gang together
Mighty impressive
No one thrived offensively outside of 4Q KAT
Team win
It's a shame we aren't assured of watching this squad for a full season
TC work your magic this off season
I'm ready to run it back
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

I know I did my Naz thing again tonight but I would not be mad at a 3/36 for Naz this offseason
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

WallyWorld wrote:What a refreshing win
This team has grit
We fit well together
Mighty impressive
Team win
I'm ready to run it back

But we have like 4 threads to blow it up lol :)

These fuckers are going to make me spend money to go see them play the lakers Friday
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:Another thing that just made my night - Draymond committed the turnover that resulted in KAT's big shot. Couldn't happen to a bigger asshole.

Draymond a minus seven with five turnovers. Bazinga!

Donkey from Shrek lookin asshole take that
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Jester1534 wrote:
WallyWorld wrote:What a refreshing win
This team has grit
We fit well together
Mighty impressive
Team win
I'm ready to run it back

But we have like 4 threads to blow it up lol :)

These fuckers are going to make me spend money to go see them play the lakers Friday

I'll be there. First time seeing lebron in person
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

FNG wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:Heck of a win for our Wolves tonight!! The Wolves persevered through KAT and Conley having a bad shooting night. But credit KAT for the big three at the end and the entire team sticking together, playing some good defense and making some big plays.

Well, in all fairness they were a combined 8 for 18 on threes...poor shooting on 2's though if that's what you meant. Kind of a mixed bag. As opposed to Ant who looked off on offense all night.

I will say this about Ant though...he was brilliant on defense. He didn't look like his ankle was bothering him at all on D.

Yep, I meant 2s, but I also meant to say KAT and Edwards, not KAT and Conley. It's unusual for KAT to miss as much as he did tonight inside the arc. And Edwards was obviously off. But KAT hit his threes, including the big one at the end. As as you noted, Edwards was terrific defensively.
FNG

Post by FNG »

kekgeek1 wrote:Sit Jmac ass down. Getting swallowed up on screens

I know you're not a JMac fan, kek, and his size can be a disadvantage on defense, but like Jim Pete says almost every game: "Good things happen every time JMac is on the court". I know +/- doesn't mean much in an individual game, but he is up among the leaders every game. Tonight he was a +12 in his 15 minutes...par for the course. And the amazing part is he isn't out there with Rudy very often. He does seem to make Naz tick though on the offensive end. I love the way those two guys play together.