Lonzo Bust

General NBA News
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Lonzo Bust

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Looks like the Lakers are off to a great start in their new era.

I feel bad for Lonzo because his Dad is making his life tough. Like Beverly said everyone has him as a target.

Re: Lonzo Bust

Seems like Lonzo might have a Rubio type career or maybe a poor mans Rubio type career. He seems to be a feast of famine when it comes to scoring. I am very surprised at the rebound numbers he is putting up.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I think he'll be a solid player.

But concerns about his shot (and the funkiness of it) seem to be warranted thus far. Sans one game against a Suns team mailing it in at the time... it hasn't been very good.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

So they are saying that the younger freshman Ball and two other Freshman basketball players while in China got caught stealing Sunglasses from a Louis Vuitton store. Don't they cane people for that stuff in China? Chop off fingers? IDK? That is a major mistake, if true.

I was wondering that too, but think it will be worked out. Is Lonzo the best player in the Ball family? I think it is safe to say at this point Lonzo won't be as good a Stephen Curry at this point.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I was wondering that too, but think it will be worked out. Is Lonzo the best player in the Ball family? I think it is safe to say at this point Lonzo won't be as good a Stephen Curry at this point.

I think Lonzo is the best, I think the youngest one was suppose to be good too.

After 12 games

29% from the field
22% from 3
50% from the line

He is still rebounding well and dishing out assists. He is not getting to the line much at less than 2 FTA per game.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:After 12 games

29% from the field
22% from 3
50% from the line

He is still rebounding well and dishing out assists. He is not getting to the line much at less than 2 FTA per game.

Just watching him play in the game last night I think he is gonna figure it out to some worthwhile extent. How long will it take and how high is his ceiling? Idk but for example I think he will figure it out to a quicker and better extent than Rubio. It also seems like his teammates like him.

I am less optimistic about him doing more than Rubio. Doesn't get to the line and struggles on defense. Struggling at FT's at this point seems to be a concern. Rubio came in and controlled the game from day one. He was special until he hurt his knee that first year.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I am less optimistic about him doing more than Rubio. Doesn't get to the line and struggles on defense. Struggling at FT's at this point seems to be a concern. Rubio came in and controlled the game from day one. He was special until he hurt his knee that first year.

Lonzo is longer is a better athlete and even if his shooting motion looks broke it's more fluid when he goes to shoot than Rubio. He is a really good rebounder and he does plenty of good things getting guys looks. Ball is a year younger than Rubio as well. Remember Rubio wasnt exactly a stud defensively right away. Both guys give you the splash plays (Rubio steals) Ball (some steals and almost a block a game). This is coming from someone who is more of a Rubio fan than I am of Ball. I like Ball but was never sold on him being the best thing. I think he can be a pretty valueable player. They are an interesting comparison no doubt with some similarities with hype weaknesses and being able to do things few other players do. Both guys think the game etc.