Spurs exploit Love

General NBA News
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Spurs exploit Love

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

This is for all of the Lovers.

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/01/15/spurs-cavaliers-finals-matchup-lebron-james-kevin-love-defense
AbeVigodaLive

Re: Spurs exploit Love

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Looks like he's being exposed in Cleveland. Last year, I thought they simply weren't using him the right way. But we're in Year 2 and it's becoming clear that maybe CLE is right in not catering to its 3rd best player. (at best, considering how you view Thompson's defense)

He's a liability on defense, which is no longer offset by his offense.

He does help a ton with spacing offensively, even though he's just slightly above average on threes and below average everywhere else. It'll be interesting to see what Cleveland does in the playoffs when rotations shorten and matchups dictate play. I could see Love sitting a ton behind Mozgov and Thompson... but that creates other problems, theoretically. Plus, Mozgov hasn't exactly fulfilled that promise he showed last season. He looks pretty mediocre right now.

Even with it all I would take him back here on this team. I wonder how he would do on the team if Cavs just got pissed and said you give us Pek and Martin for Love. Or would you rather do the trade Kiwi said that we got Tony Snell and Miles Plumee for Martin.
northernhoops [enjin:9491634]

Post by northernhoops [enjin:9491634] »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Even with it all I would take him back here on this team. I wonder how he would do on the team if Cavs just got pissed and said you give us Pek and Martin for Love. Or would you rather do the trade Kiwi said that we got Tony Snell and Miles Plumee for Martin.

No way in hell Cleveland does that. Love is still a 16 and 10 guy, with 36% 3PT percentage, 3.5 positive BPM, and a near 20 PER

I didn't say they would unless they just felt addition by subtraction.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I didn't say they would unless they just felt addition by subtraction.

Cleveland is something like 42 - 5 in the last 47 games with Love, Irving and James all playing... they're not even close to that point.

It won't happen this year. They will go with this team in the playoffs. If they lose again. It will be curious what they do. Time is ticking away on their window.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

bleedspeed177 wrote:It won't happen this year. They will go with this team in the playoffs. If they lose again. It will be curious what they do. Time is ticking away on their window.

Agreed. They have to see how this plays out. After two years... they can make a break without AS MUCH backlash about whta they gave up for Love. The passage of time could help stomach the PR hit.
northernhoops [enjin:9491634]

Post by northernhoops [enjin:9491634] »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:It won't happen this year. They will go with this team in the playoffs. If they lose again. It will be curious what they do. Time is ticking away on their window.

Agreed. They have to see how this plays out. After two years... they can make a break without AS MUCH backlash about whta they gave up for Love. The passage of time could help stomach the PR hit.

I agree they have to do something, but wasting 12 million a year of cap space on Pek during LeBron's prime isn't happening. I do think they'll try to find a taker for him, because I don't see how they beat the team who comes from the West with this current core.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

northernhoops wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

I agree they have to do something, but wasting 12 million a year of cap space on Pek during LeBron's prime isn't happening. I do think they'll try to find a taker for him, because I don't see how they beat the team who comes from the West with this current core.

Oh, to be clear... I wasn't talking about the proposed trade in my reply.

I can't see Pekovic drawing much interest... especially not from teams trying to win. Certainly not from CLE.