Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Carlos Danger

DLO Trade Poll

Post by Carlos Danger »

Let's take the temperature of the board in an official poll:
Q-is-here

Re: DLO Trade Poll

Post by Q-is-here »

Not sure we need a poll when people's stance on DLO is pretty much seared into the collective memory of this board. But may be we still have a fair amount of lurkers willing to answer the poll, but whom we otherwise don't hear from much.

I put "still deciding", which to me means "neutral until we see outcomes that prove otherwise".
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Love it. This is Rudy Gobert's show now. Finally.
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

Q-was-here wrote:Not sure we need a poll when people's stance on DLO is pretty much seared into the collective memory of this board. But may be we still have a fair amount of lurkers willing to answer the poll, but whom we otherwise don't hear from much.

I put "still deciding", which to me means "neutral until we see outcomes that prove otherwise".

Regardless of one's stance on DLO, someone may not like the trade. I'm reading mixed things in all the other threads based on the return.
FNG

Post by FNG »

We've added a proven winner to an already talented group of players, and a guy who has positive chemistry with Rudy. We've subtracted a guy who has been outscored his entire career, regardless of who was on the court with him, and who according to Jon K, was not a positive force in the locker room...and replaced him with a guy who is the mirror opposite. The reserves on the court last night aren't going to always make threes like that, but they sure looked relaxed and happy. And Rudy and KAT looked positively giddy on the bench every time the Utah feed cut away to them...doesn't seem like our guys are shedding too many tears about losing their teammate!

What's not to like? We're undefeated in the after-DLo era!
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

the return was meh. The player was meh. It's an indictment on how the rest of the roster has been constructed.

In the end this trade was immaterial. I'll put still deciding only because I have no idea how Connelly plans to address PG long term. We have three more picks to help, but it all comes down to who he drafts in round 2 of 2023.
FNG

Post by FNG »

I have to admit I'm quite surprised at the 8-1 favorable vote so far...doesn't seem to jive with some of the doom and gloom pitchfork comments I've been reading the past day. In all fairness, the 4 "still deciding" votes are probably the smartest voters here. We'll just have to see...
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

I voted "I liked the trade" because it seemed clear to me DLO wasn't in the long term picture anyway. To get some value back for someone who's probably gone in 20+ days anyway seems like a good move.

We also needed some sort of change/spark for this year, so I'm ok giving Conley a shot at doing that. I've been saying since December that the status quo didn't seem like it was going to be enough this year.

I left the "still deciding" bucket in the poll for those who might be underwhelmed by the immediate return - but realizing other pieces might be coming as a result of this move.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

We added cap flexibility into the bump year next year and a player who can run an offense with decisiveness and get everyone the ball. Was there more of a homerun to get rid of a player who had their course run on the team? Probably not.

On Conley's contract, not only is it a 6 mil discount from Dlo, it is very team friendly as a facilitator if used before the draft. In terms of longer term planning this was a good deal. For this year's team, we are taking a hit unless Ant has another jump he can take. On the second point I wouldn't be shocked. I am happy this is clearly Ant's team now.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

The poll needed a "Who cares, this franchise is cursed" option. They were stocked with young talent and draft assets when Thibs decided to reunite the aging Bulls, trading away much of that youth and assets. They rebuild from that mess only to trade youth and assets for a few more aging players.

I'm sure they believe this time will be different. Me, I've been around too long to fall for that again. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not going to get emotionally invested.