From the mean streets of Boston to the nice snowy streets of Minnesota (Celtics vs. Wolves GT)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
ItsJustSoSab

From the mean streets of Boston to the nice snowy streets of Minnesota (Celtics vs. Wolves GT)

Post by ItsJustSoSab »

If we lose this Cool has promised to buy a Dlo jersey. If we win, Cam buys a vintage Wiggins Wolves jersey and says something nice about Conley
Leado01

Re: From the mean streets of Boston to the nice snowy streets of Minnesota (Celtics vs. Wolves GT)

Post by Leado01 »

Boston looks to be cruising a little. The loss to Houston is likely the wake-up call we DIDN'T want them to have.

If they load up on ANT like most teams are doing now we're going to need to find and knock down some 3's to keep this close.

What a weird season....2-3 months ago I was looking for more players to step up on defense (Ant has been our biggest turnaround on defense as he's just more engaged) and now I'm at a loss to find some offense. When is Nowell back?
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: From the mean streets of Boston to the nice snowy streets of Minnesota (Celtics vs. Wolves GT)

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I can't speak to that intro (ha-ha). I will say that Boston has the fourth-best defense in the NBA this season, but that doesn't represent how they've played the last handful of weeks. They have the 11th-best defense over their last 15, and 16th-best in their last 10, which illustrates a momentary slide on that end of the court.

There's potentially an opportunity to steal a win because of that, but I personally wouldn't bet on it. Minnesota's new offense doesn't have enough juice, in my opinion, to inflict damage on a good defensive team. They showed they could exploit bad defensive teams like Dallas and Atlanta (ignore losses to Charlotte and Washington), but Boston -- even in a slump -- is a different beast entirely. Maybe I reverse jinx them and we get a collective offensive onslaught, but again, I'm not expecting it.
ItsJustSoSab

Post by ItsJustSoSab »

Let's see if the young guys rise to the challenge. Im not for moral victories, but if Ant and Jaden did great against Boston it would make me feel like we could make noise in the play in/playoffs
FNG

Post by FNG »

Boston is really good, but they haven't been playing well since Williams III got hurt...2-4 in their last 6 including a loss Monday to Houston. His defense and rebounding are very important to the Celtics. Boston is favored by 5 1/2, but this is one we can steal if Gobert plays and we get another effort like we did in Atlanta. This would be a nice win.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

DLO isn't my problem anymore, so hek yeah I'd take a jersey. Someone else would have to buy it though.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Bench not playing very well. Pretty tough to win without their contribution.
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

All these players just flopping like soccer player and getting every call. Seriously the nba needs to clean this up. Just an awful product
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

43 points in the first half and Anthony Edwards has 18 of them. That means over 40-percent of Minnesota's offense is Ant. Unsustainable.

He needs some help in the second half. 1-5 from his backcourt mate isn't gonna do it. The bench is 0-9. Somebody else has to pitch in offensively.

Otherwise, a good competitive half of basketball. Wolves looked better defensively and the Celtics were missing some makable shots. I don't think they'll continue to shoot that poorly, though.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Camden wrote:43 points in the first half and Anthony Edwards has 18 of them. That means over 40-percent of Minnesota's offense is Ant. Unsustainable.

He needs some help in the second half. 1-5 from his backcourt mate isn't gonna do it. The bench is 0-9. Somebody else has to pitch in offensively.

Otherwise, a good competitive half of basketball. Wolves looked better defensively and the Celtics were missing some makable shots. I don't think they'll continue to shoot that poorly, though.

Yup! Can't complain about the defensive effort. Boston has missed shots, reflective of their recent struggles. But so has our bench. We do need some players to join the party on the offensive end in the 2nd half.

Given that this is a scheduled loss, I've enjoyed our competitiveness. And I'm happy we are still in position to win the game!

(The Wolves are usually the salve to fix the opponent's 3-point shooting! Jinx!)