Rudy Gobert to the Timberwolves

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
D-Mac [enjin:19736340]

Re: Rudy Gobert to the Timberwolves

Post by D-Mac [enjin:19736340] »

Does anyone else think this might have been a demand from Kat to sign? Either get Rudy or ayton.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

D-Loser wrote:Does anyone else think this might have been a demand from Kat to sign? Either get Rudy or ayton.

I think 224 million dollars is still 224 million dollars. So that's a no from me lol
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

D-Mac wrote:Does anyone else think this might have been a demand from Kat to sign? Either get Rudy or ayton.

I don't. I think the FO made their list of skillsets they wanted to add to the roster. You see so many other Western Conference teams getting better. The Wolves were on course to just "see how well we can grow". Connelly changed that by bringing in Gobert. We are definitely in a higher tier right now.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Jester1534 wrote:
D-Loser wrote:Does anyone else think this might have been a demand from Kat to sign? Either get Rudy or ayton.

I think 224 million dollars is still 224 million dollars. So that's a no from me lol

Yeah, what's probably more notable is they wait until KAT signed before pulling the trigger! :D
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

KG4Ever wrote:For the record, I hate this trade, hated Butler trade and hated DLo trade. This might even be the worst one of the bunch. What the fkk happened to "no shortcuts." Timmy getting paid $8 million to make garbage trades like this. Geez, I might be done with this team as I don't think I'll ever live to see them win anything. Go Warriors!

You do know Rudy is a better player then KAT right? There is a thing called defense and the Wolves just got it done. They are also banking on those picks being late 1st rounders, with Ant here who legitimately could be a top 5 player in a few years those odds are fairly likely as well.

I love the trade. The Wolves are now Championship contenders.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

This is laughable. Beyond stupid. That offer doesn't get you KD or Ayton?
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

WolvesFan21 wrote:
KG4Ever wrote:For the record, I hate this trade, hated Butler trade and hated DLo trade. This might even be the worst one of the bunch. What the fkk happened to "no shortcuts." Timmy getting paid $8 million to make garbage trades like this. Geez, I might be done with this team as I don't think I'll ever live to see them win anything. Go Warriors!

You do know Rudy is a better player then KAT right? There is a thing called defense and the Wolves just got it done. They are also banking on those picks being late 1st rounders, with Ant here who legitimately could be a top 5 player in a few years those odds are fairly likely as well.

I love the trade. The Wolves are now Championship contenders.

The guy plays amazing D when half the league is coasting. Come playoff time he becomes unplayable. You want to pay 40 mil for a guy who is targeted when things get real? This is stupid.

The Wolves just got played.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Jon Krawczynski
@JonKrawczynski
·
47s
The Timberwolves are over the moon about landing Rudy Gobert. This is the player they believed raised their ceiling more than any other available one. Lots of celebrating internally right now.

And a big thanks goes to Gobert's teammates who pooped their pants in the playoff series against Dallas, resulting in the Jazz tearing it down. And the Wolves were the ones who swooped up and nabbed the biggest prize off their roster.

Nice!
Monster

Post by Monster »

Connelly was always drafting players and having to worry about trading them for value because the depth of his roster. He alleviated that problem. Lol

Does Naz Reid make more sense to this roster now with Gobert on it?
davemang

Post by davemang »

Kinda crazy that Utah is likely getting more for gobert than the nets will get for Durant (different scenarios, but still). I think we need to get better defensively than jmac and nowell (either by miraculous improvement from nowell / growth spurt by jmac or signing a vet.