kekgeek

Re: Let’s finish into the break on the right foot. Wolves v. bullets. GDT

Post by kekgeek »

Conley and the bench were 8-36. Hard to win
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

kekgeek1 wrote:Conley and the bench were 8-36. Hard to win

They are definitely to blame this game, but I gotta say over the course of the season I've started to dislike Finch more and more
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Mike Conley Jr.

0 PTS
0-3 2P, 0-3 3P, 0-0 FT
6 AST
2 REB
2 STL

33 MIN

Seventh straight loss for Minnesota against Washington. Just absurd.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Camden wrote:

Seventh straight loss for Minnesota against Washington. Just absurd.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

By the way, there have been far too many collapses like this under Chris Finch's leadership. No real scapegoats available anymore to take that blame anymore. At some point in the future these games could cost him his job.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

How many times can this team blow a 20 point lead. We must hold the all time record in a season. Another inexcusable loss. I don't think I ever followed such an inconsistent professional sports team in all my life.

Our bench was terrible. Conley missed every shot badly. And ANT once again guilty of trying to do too much in the 4th quarter.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

I'm a little surprised at the overreaction to the loss tonight. This is the MO for this team.

I am most concerned with two areas. Finch doesn't seem to have any idea of when to use his challenge. There are three criteria he should be looking for.

1) One of our main players have committed a foul (specfically guys like Mcdaniels or Edwards).
2) We have the chance to take points away (no foul shots).
3) We will gain possession of the ball.

Notice that "time of game" doesn't enter into it.

I would love to know how many games he actually uses his challenge, because he seems to think he needs to save it for later in the game. Tonight he saved us a point which was meaningless.

My other area of concern is no other scorer down the stretch. We needed DLO tonight!
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Camden wrote:Shot-making matters. Minnesota couldn't hit late. Washington did. That's a really bad loss.

This is the right take. The Wizards shot over 45% from the field and 40% from behind the arc while the Wolves shot 41% from the field and 27% from behind the arc. That says it all. We won't win many game with our two PGs shooting 0-9 from the field. And we're not going to win many games with Rudy taking 15 shots and hitting 53% of them. Note I'm NOT blaming Rudy for the loss. He played really well. We just can't have him taking that many shots. It's not going to end well.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

sjm34 wrote:I'm a little surprised at the overreaction to the loss tonight. This is the MO for this team.

I am most concerned with two areas. Finch doesn't seem to have any idea of when to use his challenge. There are three criteria he should be looking for.

1) One of our main players have committed a foul (specfically guys like Mcdaniels or Edwards).
2) We have the chance to take points away (no foul shots).
3) We will gain possession of the ball.

Notice that "time of game" doesn't enter into it.

I would love to know how many games he actually uses his challenge, because he seems to think he needs to save it for later in the game. Tonight he saved us a point which was meaningless.

My other area of concern is no other scorer down the stretch. We needed DLO tonight!

You can't have another scorer when the primary scorer won't give up the ball.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

lipoli390 wrote:
Camden wrote:Shot-making matters. Minnesota couldn't hit late. Washington did. That's a really bad loss.

This is the right take. The Wizards shot over 45% from the field and 40% from behind the arc while the Wolves shot 41% from the field and 27% from behind the arc. That says it all. We won't win many game with our two PGs shooting 0-9 from the field. And we're not going to win many games with Rudy taking 15 shots and hitting 53% of them. Note I'm NOT blaming Rudy for the loss. He played really well. We just can't have him taking that many shots. It's not going to end well.

Without Towns, the Timberwolves need more than a "game manager" at PG.

I shudder to think what happens if Edwards misses a game. Do the Wolves reach 80 points?