Rudy Gobert to the Timberwolves

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Wolvesfan21

Re: Rudy Gobert to the Timberwolves

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

We go from terrible on defense two years ago to now being a legit top 5 defense. This move makes the Wolves a contender.

Whoohooo
Monster

Post by Monster »

Phenom's_Revenge wrote:
WildWolf2813 wrote:So Minott might as well get the Gupta special and Knight might as well make the team as the third big.

Now they need backcourt help. Big time. There's nothing there at guard outside of Edwards/Nowell/Russell/McLaughlin

The hope is that there will be vets seeing what is happening here and be ready to jump aboard.

Yeah I expect Minott might be signed instead of 2 way deal now. I wonder if they use a 2 way deal on a guard now. Hey maybe they bring back Wright. Lol
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:
Phenom's_Revenge wrote:Gotta assume DLo is going to be back at this point unless ylthe Wolves want Russell Westbrook instead. No... we couldn't. Could we?

I would do that without hesitation. He or Kyrie

I couldn't pull for a Kyrie deal but I am bullish that Westbrook could do well in Minny. The salary commitments would be insane if it happens.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Phenom's_Revenge wrote:
WildWolf2813 wrote:So Minott might as well get the Gupta special and Knight might as well make the team as the third big.

Now they need backcourt help. Big time. There's nothing there at guard outside of Edwards/Nowell/Russell/McLaughlin

The hope is that there will be vets seeing what is happening here and be ready to jump aboard.

And don't forget about Moore. Our roster was getting bloated. This trade helped thin it and added a pretty amazing player. He is a star BTW. Just not a high volume scorer. But his contributions everywhere else are off the charts!
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Camden wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:
Camden wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:As usual you're wrong about DLO, but you are spot on about McDaniels being kept out. It shows a tremendous amount of optimism regarding him and I think it's great. We are going to win a lot of games and it is going to be fun to be a Wolves fan again. The only negative is the constant DLO nutsucking we are going to have to continue to read from you. We all know how you feel about him (1 million times over), can you do us a favor and impose a DLO moratorium on yourself? The board would be so much more enjoyable.

This continues to be personal for you somehow. If you don't enjoy the board because of my presence or you are triggered by my responses to other people here, simply ignore what I say or leave the board. Nobody else will call you out on it, but this type of response is entirely uncalled for and it's typical of the personality you've always been here.

Let's not make this thread about anything besides Timberwolves basketball and the acquisition of Rudy Gobert.

You are so full of bullshit. It's not me or anybody else that makes every thread about DLO, it's you. I've tried to ignore you but it becomes impossible with some of the stupid things you say. I'll do my best to ignore you, I promise. But no more leaving the board for me. There are too many great fans on here to let you ruin it for me.

Cry about it. You're far too old to be whining like a spoiled child that doesn't get their way. Enough is enough.

I respond to questions and comments that concern all matters of this franchise. I typically try to interact with everyone here instead of responding to a select few. Obviously, D'Angelo Russell is a polarizing player, especially on this board, so more discussions have concerned him. Your behavior is unacceptable. Move on already.

Nice, play the age card. Stay classy Cam. You don't have any idea how old I am.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

KG4Ever wrote:Minnesota is sending its 2023, 2025 and 2027 picks unprotected and a top-5 protected 2029 pick to Utah, sources tell ESPN.

This may end up being worse than the Nets trade with Boston.

Holy Hershel Walker trade Batman! Five first round picks? WTAF? We better hope this works out more like the Rams trading away their future and not the Vikings.

If only Rosas could have kept it zipped up!
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

Wowowowowowowowowowow.

Oh wow.

Ok, first of all, this hasn't been mentioned, but I really hate losing PatBev and Vando. I know, I know. Gobert is twice the player they are combined, but those two helped change the culture of this team for the better, and I will really miss that. Both are good defenders with high motors. Gobert obviously will make up for losing some of that defense, but I'll still really miss those guys.

Now, the big question is how we can minimize the advantage that teams could get by trying to go small on us in the playoffs. That was sometimes an issue with Gobert with Utah. That's really going to be a big question going forward.

Oh man, I can't even mentally wrap my head around this yet. What a weird investment in length. We haven't really seen a twin-towers team like this since the AD-Cousins duo in New Orleans, right? Obviously, KAT's perimeter game makes this possible. If he's not the best shooting big-man of all time, this doesn't work. But there are huge questions about how those two are going to be able to play together.

Then there's Gobert and Ant. DLO and Ant are gonna need to learn how to throw lobs and little dump passes to Gobert in the paint. When Ant goes to the rim, he's going to be more likely to have another defender down low to deal with. Arguably, he always had that when Vando was on the floor too I guess. But how Ant and Gobert can play together offensively is going to be a big question.

Trading Beverley but keeping DLO seems to indicate that Connelly is thinking about keeping DLO after this season? I'm not sure how I feel about that. If not, what's the plan at the point? It feels risky that neither of our two highest-paid guys are ball handlers and playmakers. That's the most important skill in the league. I guess we've got a bit more of that now with Moore, Prince, and SloMo, and we've still got DLO and Nowell (and JMac and . . . is Bolmaro staying?).

Losing Beasley clearly opens up space for Nowell like Connelly was mentioning. With both Beasley and PatBev going out, I can see Moore getting some real playing time now too. Given that there were rumors we were interested in adding vet center before the draft, the Kessler pick certainly looks like it was meant as either insurance or to be added in a potential trade for a center like this all along. In that sense, you kind of feel like Moore is the guy that Connelly wanted.

Losing Vando also means the Minott pick feels less redundant. You can see him potentially getting some PT this year when we may need a guy like Vando.

Gobert has always been a polarizing player among analysts. I expect that'll definitely be the case on this board as well. In hopes of avoiding the negativity of some of the debates we've had over guys here (the perennial DLO debate comes to mind), I hope we all try to focus more on facts and analysis and less on opinion and try to keep our discussion of his presence on our team more constructive.

Have we ever traded for a more decorated player in our history? I honestly can't think of one off the top of my head.

I don't know what to think. I'm worried. I'm excited. I'm looking forward to some serious playoff basketball! But yeesh. This is going to be pretty weird.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

PorkChop wrote:1st round picks are just to valuable. Especially for small market teams.

That's the biggest thing for me. They now cannot trade a pick until 2031 lol. They blew all of their draft trade capital on Gobert.

2 picks + Kessler + Bev/Beas/filler and I'd be on board. Instead they gave up 2 more picks and threw in Vando, who would have been very nice to have on the bench.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Now we DO have someone who can slow down Giannis
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

I feel like the Wolves should have had Rudy Gay or Nickeil Alexander Walker in the deal too. Connelly and his round table must be confident about adding to the margins.