Let's make it 4 in a row- Wolves/Philly GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Phenom

Re: Let's make it 4 in a row- Wolves/Philly GDT

Post by Phenom »

Maybe the Jazz and Thunder can hold on. That would help.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

If Rudy Gobert is worth 4 1st round picks, a swap and three rotation players... Joel Embiid is worth 17 1st round picks and three all stars.

I'm not exaggerating.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:If Rudy Gobert is worth 4 1st round picks, a swap and three rotation players... Joel Embiid is worth 17 1st round picks and three all stars.

I'm not exaggerating.

He has absolutely been a disappointment. And I don't know if some sort of improvement is even possible. I guess we can hope. It didn't seem like he was this flawed in Utah, but I cannot say I watched him with a microscope...
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I think we're overreacting. All Minnesota needs to do is acquire a point guard that can unlock Rudy Gobert and whisper sweet nothings to him in the locker room. Maybe he could also give Gobert a pat on the back when he fumbles a pass or blows a layup. Preferably, he'd be closer to 40 than 20 so we can rave about his mentorship. Anyone know a guy?

Oof.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Camden wrote:I think we're overreacting. All Minnesota needs to do is acquire a point guard that can unlock Rudy Gobert and whisper sweet nothings to him in the locker room. Maybe he could also give Gobert a pat on the back when he fumbles a pass or blows a layup. Preferably, he'd be closer to 40 than 20 so we can rave about his mentorship. Anyone know a guy?

Oof.

You know, your bitterness over the D'Lo trade is really a poor look for you.

60WinTim wrote:
Camden wrote:I think we're overreacting. All Minnesota needs to do is acquire a point guard that can unlock Rudy Gobert and whisper sweet nothings to him in the locker room. Maybe he could also give Gobert a pat on the back when he fumbles a pass or blows a layup. Preferably, he'd be closer to 40 than 20 so we can rave about his mentorship. Anyone know a guy?

Oof.

You know, your bitterness over the D'Lo trade is really a poor look for you.

I really just don't like doubling down on a bad Rudy Gobert trade and a 35-year old Mike Conley Jr. was never the answer. Fans should be bitter about the makeup of this team considering the cost.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

You cannot shoot less than 40/31/80 and beat anybody in the NBA. So many missed shots.

TC needs to go. He created this debacle. Then doubled down.

I would argue Finch needs to go as well. Why did our star players play less than 40 minutes?
FNG

Post by FNG »

To some extent I can understand the huge swing in emotions after such a very poorly played game by our Wolves...we're a bunch of guys who passionately care about our team, and hate it when we lay a turd like tonight. But the negativity also makes me wonder if some of us suffer from an extreme case of short-term memory loss, since just days ago we completed a 3-game road winning streak that would make any team proud. Yes, one of the wins was against a Laker team missing LeBron James...but (not equating the two of course) we were also missing KAT. And the other two victories were truly impressive...the Clippers sporting 3 future HOFers in their starting lineup, and Sac-town on a five game winning streak andwith the best offense in the NBA. And we did this without KAT! I'll admit I did my share of recreational drugs in college too, but I'm happy to report my memory is still reasonably intact...it can often extend beyond 24 hours!

I'm going to attribute last night's debacle to Chris Finch for one particular poor and game-losing decision. The Wolves have looked very good recently with Austin Rivers on the bench. But the NBA coaching fraternity was on display last night, and Finchie was not going to leave Baby Boy Austin on the bench with Papa standing just 15 feet away. With 4 minutes left in the second quarter and the score tied 43-43 despite a monster game by Embiid, Finchie winked at Rivers Sr. as he put his boy into the game. And Austin showed why he is only going to see the court the rest of the season in blowouts...Philly went on a 15-2 run with an embarrassingly awful display of basketball by us, and led by 13 at the half. Ballgame. Finchie did a solid for his buddy Doc, but he torpedoed any chance of us stealing a winnable game and further building our playoff cushion.

Silver lining? Finchie won't have to play Austin again this season, and has plenty of better options as long as our wings remain healthy. And further, since I had Philly winning this game on my spreadsheet, the Wolves still have a 3 game gap over 11th place. I see the playoffs still as a certainty, but how we perform in said playoffs is largely dependent on the healthy and productive return of KAT.

And now, because I care about the mental health of my fellow posters, I offer the following:

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/prevagen-regular-strength/ID=prod6063898-product

Short-term memory loss? Minnesota went 1-4 prior to that three-game road trip you're so proud of while largely playing bad basketball. They just got embarrassed on their home court against a team that should have had dead legs and rested a key player. Did all of that escape you?

The Timberwolves have a 110.2 ORtg, 115.3 DRtg, and -5.1 NetRtg in their last nine games. That's the 25th-best (or sixth-worst) net rating in the NBA over that span, and that includes games against the Clippers, Lakers, and Kings.

This team isn't exactly good right now and they have a difficult slate of games remaining. The negativity, bitterness, apprehension, pessimism, etc. is appropriate given how this team has performed in recent weeks. With 15 regular season games left (nine on the road) and Karl-Anthony Towns uncertain to return, things could get ugly really quickly.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Next 8 games are full of opportunity for improving our record. We could go on a nice stretch if we play hard. Last night we ran into a great player who is firing on all cylinders right now. We had no defensive answer for him and he walked into his points. Rudy has to do better and I think he will.