From the mean streets of Boston to the nice snowy streets of Minnesota (Celtics vs. Wolves GT)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

Re: From the mean streets of Boston to the nice snowy streets of Minnesota (Celtics vs. Wolves GT)

Post by kekgeek »

lipoli390 wrote:I only saw the fourth quarter. Had Finch already used his challenge by the time Grant committed that obvious violation on the jump ball with Rudy?

Not a challengable play
Leado01

Re: From the mean streets of Boston to the nice snowy streets of Minnesota (Celtics vs. Wolves GT)

Post by Leado01 »

Didn't get to watch until now......that felt agregious...that felt like a fuck you minnesota directly from Adam Silver himself
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

The officiating was egregiously bad at the end, especially with the jump ball, but Minnesota still had plenty of opportunities to win the game. There's some positives to take away from that...

For instance, they held Boston to just 104 points on 40-percent shooting overall, including 12-40 (30%) from three. That's a combination of well-defended possessions and Celtics' players just being flat out cold, including an uncharacteristically bad performance from Jayson Tatum, but misses are misses. You have to applaud that side of things for the Wolves tonight. It's really difficult to lose in this era when an opponent barely scores 100.

However, they continued to struggle offensively against a competent NBA defense. 102 points isn't going to cut it in this era -- or even the last era, honestly. Anthony Edwards scored 28 points on 10-20 shooting and 5-8 on threes. He chipped in 7 assists to go with 10 boards. He was largely great. Consider that his teammates combined to shoot a whopping 7-28 (25%) from three, and that includes the buzzer-beating trey right before the final horn to cover the spread (Vegas loves those). The guy did his part and it wasn't enough. You have to feel for him.

There's not much else to say. The bench is bad. The perimeter shooting needs to be much better. The late-game execution is awful. Chris Finch remains unwilling to adapt to his roster. I don't like much of what I've seen. And yet we'll all be back for more on Friday against Chicago. Buckle up.
FNG

Post by FNG »

kekgeek1 wrote:https://twitter.com/wolvesmuse/status/1636197612280848388?s=46&t=I_ZWRkjki07u_u6IL2a9cQ

If you want to watch the multiple BS that went against the wolves

From a guy who never complains about the refereeing, I'm complaining about the refereeing...what a disaster. And still, we lost by only 2 to one of the best teams in the Association and without the soon-to return KAT. And we probably win if either Jaden or Ant hits one of those late threes (although I thought both played well)

Our Utah duo were substandard tonight. Conley is supposed to drive the offense, but he had 7 points in 2 assists. And we need more than 6 boards and no blocks from Rudy. They need to show up against the Bulls.

I love NAW's aggressive defense, but I've said before his shooting form tells me he's likely to be a below-average 3-point shooter. Not only was he 0-5 on threes, his misses were not even close. Keep him in the rotation by all means...he seems to be quite good on defense. But Finchie needs to tell him not to force threes anymore...limit yourself to open threes.

Near triple doubles from both Ant and SloMo...love it.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

FNG wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:https://twitter.com/wolvesmuse/status/1636197612280848388?s=46&t=I_ZWRkjki07u_u6IL2a9cQ

From a guy who never complains about the refereeing, I'm complaining about the refereeing...what a disaster. And still, we lost by only 2 to one of the best teams in the Association and without the soon-to return KAT. And we probably win if either Jaden or Ant hits one of those late threes (although I thought both played well)

Our Utah duo were substandard tonight. Conley is supposed to drive the offense, but he had 7 points in 2 assists. And we need more than 6 boards and no blocks from Rudy. They need to show up against the Bulls.

I love NAW's aggressive defense, but I've said before his shooting form tells me he's likely to be a below-average 3-point shooter. Not only was he 0-5 on threes, his misses were not even close. Keep him in the rotation by all means...he seems to be quite good on defense. But Finchie needs to tell him not to force threes anymore...limit yourself to open threes.

His shooting form directly contributes to his inaccuracy. When you have to shoot across your body it is very difficult to be accurate from right to left.
FNG

Post by FNG »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:
FNG wrote:

His shooting form directly contributes to his inaccuracy. When you have to shoot across your body it is very difficult to be accurate from right to left.

Exactly...his shooting in his early games was a real bonus for us...actually helped win us some games. But his odd form makes me believe he's likely a low 30% shooter. I cringe every time he puts one up. But as I said, I still like a lot of his game and want him in the rotation...Finchie needs to coach into a little more 3-point restraint though.
FNG

Post by FNG »

I'm not saying we're not homers here...we are. But the national media is ripping the bad calls from last night too. Even Celtics analyst Brian scalabrine was talking about how horrible the reffing was on nba radio this morning.

The wolves could have done a few things that would have allowed them to win the game even with the bad calls, but I'm still convinced we win this game without the disastrous reffing. The race for playoff positioning is so tight, I hope this unfortunate loss doesn't really hurt us in the final standings. I suspect it will though.
Monster

Post by Monster »

That may be the best I've seen the Wolves play in a loss this season.

A couple other thoughts.

Gobert looks just fine on switches. He looked pretty good here against multiple good offensive players.

McLaughlin's man defense has gotten to a place so think he is an asset on D overall. Would he get targeted in a playoff series? Sure but I'll take my chances with him out there. He played well in this game.

Celtics broadcast weren't total homers.

WTF was that officiating? I was watching the game quickly but it looked terrible and even the Celtics broadcast thought the Wolves had calls go against them.

Meanwhile the Wolves despite everything were in this ugly game. This team is fun to watch most games.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Camden wrote:The officiating was egregiously bad at the end, especially with the jump ball, but Minnesota still had plenty of opportunities to win the game. There's some positives to take away from that...

For instance, they held Boston to just 104 points on 40-percent shooting overall, including 12-40 (30%) from three. That's a combination of well-defended possessions and Celtics' players just being flat out cold, including an uncharacteristically bad performance from Jayson Tatum, but misses are misses. You have to applaud that side of things for the Wolves tonight. It's really difficult to lose in this era when an opponent barely scores 100.

However, they continued to struggle offensively against a competent NBA defense. 102 points isn't going to cut it in this era -- or even the last era, honestly. Anthony Edwards scored 28 points on 10-20 shooting and 5-8 on threes. He chipped in 7 assists to go with 10 boards. He was largely great. Consider that his teammates combined to shoot a whopping 7-28 (25%) from three, and that includes the buzzer-beating trey right before the final horn to cover the spread (Vegas loves those). The guy did his part and it wasn't enough. You have to feel for him.

There's not much else to say. The bench is bad. The perimeter shooting needs to be much better. The late-game execution is awful. Chris Finch remains unwilling to adapt to his roster. I don't like much of what I've seen. And yet we'll all be back for more on Friday against Chicago. Buckle up.

It would be nice to have another scorer but to me the Wolves lost this game straight up missing great looks at the basket which happens. Anderson was missing shots he typically makes in the paint even though he still ended up shooting 50% The 3 point shooting wasn't good although the biggest issue there was NAW going 0-5. Another make from anyone would have been big. This offseason the wolves should use a guy that projects to be able to come in and get a bucket off the bench. Maybe that's even Nowell but I agree they need someone that can get them a basket. On the other hand it's great to see them move the ball to get good looks.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

The last two minute report came out.

The officiating crew made FIVE incorrect calls in the final minute of the game. There have been 7 other games with 2-minutes reports this week... those games combined to have five incorrect calls.