Kyle Anderson

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Re: Kyle Anderson

Post by Lipoli390 »

Q-was-here wrote:Can someone throw me a lifejacket!? I thought I could make the swim from Vando island to SloMo island but I'm stuck in the middle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T3B502Ut94Heeeeeeellllllpppp!!!!

No life jacket, Q. It's time you learned how to swim in Wolves waters. Good luck.
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:
Q-was-here wrote:Can someone throw me a lifejacket!? I thought I could make the swim from Vando island to SloMo island but I'm stuck in the middle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T3B502Ut94Heeeeeeellllllpppp!!!!

No life jacket, Q. It's time you learned how to swim in Wolves waters. Good luck.

Robbie Hummel texted me and said he is gonna go save Q again. Apparently this is not the first time something like this has happened.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

lipoli390 wrote:

Well, no thanks to you guys I'm safe now! I have citizenship on Rubio island and Ricky came by on his speed boat and whisked me to safety! It pays to be loyal!

Here are a few nuggets of info to bolster morale for the inhabitants of SloMo Island:

[list]
[*] Kyle Anderson is pretty much a full time PF at this point in his career.
[*] Because of him and Vando, it likely means Prince and McDaniels will spend much less time at the 4. Keep in mind these two guys probably played nearly 50% of our PF minutes last year.
[*] Kyle Anderson would have been the Wolves' 3rd best defensive rebounder in the regular rotation last year, behind only KAT and Vando. He is a better defensive rebounder than even Naz Reid.
[*] Although none of us think of him as a traditional "big", the fact is he makes us bigger because of the positional dominoes that fall by Prince and McDaniels now taking the lion's share of minutes at the 3 instead of the 4.
[/list]
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Q-was-here wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:

Well, no thanks to you guys I'm safe now! I have citizenship on Rubio island and Ricky came by on his speed boat and whisked me to safety! It pays to be loyal!

Here are a few nuggets of info to bolster morale for the inhabitants of SloMo Island:

[list]
[*] Because of him and Vando, it likely means Prince and McDaniels will spend much less time at the 4. Keep in mind these two guys probably played nearly 50% of our PF minutes last year.
[*] Kyle Anderson would have been the Wolves' 3rd best defensive rebounder in the regular rotation last year, behind only KAT and Vando. He is a better defensive rebounder than even Naz Reid.
[*] Although none of us think of him as a traditional "big", the fact is he makes us bigger because of the positional dominoes that fall by Prince and McDaniels now taking the lion's share of minutes at the 3 instead of the 4.
[/list]

You didn't continue the dominos... Doesn't is also mean a lot more of Edwards at the 2?
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

60WinTim wrote:
Q-was-here wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:

[list]
[/list]

You didn't continue the dominos... Doesn't is also mean a lot more of Edwards at the 2?

Yes, absolutely. Ant and Nowell will be playing exclusively the 2 instead of splitting time between the 2 and 3 (Nowell actually played 300 minutes last season with Beasley, so he spent 30% of his minutes as a 3!).
worldK

Post by worldK »

I like Anderson. He is a very underrated player and defender. But, we now have 4 tweeners on the team in him, vando, Mcdaniels and prince. I think vando could be part of a trade package to get that starting center.
Sundog

Post by Sundog »

Pat Bev on the Slo Mo acquisition: "Love this"
Monster

Post by Monster »

60WinTim wrote:
Q-was-here wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:

[list]
[/list]

The Wolves still have a bunch of guards.

I'll admit months ago I thought about Kyle Anderson as a FA target but kinda dismissed him for some of the reasons I think people are meh on this signing. Q laid out that he is actually a PF at this point of his career which I didn't really know back then but that makes a difference. Another thing I didn't know was that he is a pretty good defender. I thought he was solid but there are some advanced stats that really show him as pretty good. His block steal stats are pretty solid although those are nice they don't say whether a guy is good at defense but it's nice they are there.

It's also worth noting he has played legit minutes for good teams most of his career. He has started a lot of games too.

Teams are looking for good PFs. Some comparisons that have come in for Anderson are and obviously lesser version of Simmons and Thad Young. I have another comp and it's Aaron Gordon. The athletic ability is completely different but the basic skillets are similar. Finch likes the ball to move around on offense and now we have a PF on the roster that's sort of a PG type so that's gonna keep the offense humming. Adding Anderson also gives the team basically another guy that can play PG. I don't even know if Naz will be on the roster this year but if he shared the floor with Anderson those guys might be a fun pairing on offense.

As others have said the Wolves don't seem to be done and Beasley is still on the roster and it just makes sense that he could be traded for some kind of bigger player. For who or where? No clue but I feel confident some team or maybe a couple teams will want him and the Wolves can add to their bigger is better mantra. Lol
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Something I just picked up on at spotrac.com is the options just picked up for Nowell and Naz are non-guaranteed. Hoopshype also says this for Naz, but says it becomes guaranteed if is not waived by July 20th (they don't mention Nowell). So a 15th roster spot can be opened by waiving Naz...
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

60WinTim wrote:Something I just picked up on at spotrac.com is the options just picked up for Nowell and Naz are non-guaranteed. Hoopshype also says this for Naz, but says it becomes guaranteed if is not waived by July 20th (they don't mention Nowell). So a 15th roster spot can be opened by waiving Naz...

Don't see the upside waiving Naz. Not the best roster fit but he doesn't suck also Wolves don't have much of the MLE left