Wolves Free Agent & Trade Thread

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Wolves Free Agent & Trade Thread

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:Portis was the guy I wanted the Wolves to sign when Rosas instead decided to re-sign Juancho. Portis would be a great fit for the Wolves and, at the time, he was definitely gettable. But I don't see him signing with the Wolves now. I suspect he'll stay in Milwaukee. He loves it there and they love him. They have his Bird rights, so they're not limited on what they can pay him. So the Portis ship has sailed. If we're looking to add a big, here are what I'd consider the realistic options that might be worth pursuing:

1. Sign one of the following free agents: Jalen Smith, Hartenstein Montrezl Harrell, Andre Drummond or JaVale McGee

2. Trade Beasley and Naz (maybe with a future pick) for Myles Turner, Richaun Holmes, Steven Adams, or Jonathan Isaac.

3. Trade Naz Reid and maybe a 2nd-round pick for Alex Len

FWIW Lawrence Frank's said their top priority was resigning their FAs. I would think to keep Hartenstein they would have to use an exception to do it.

If the Wolves want Alex Len they should be able to get him by just taking him in with a trade exception and sending the Kings the rights to Paulo Prestes or something. I can't imagine giving up anything of value to trade for Alex Len. I'm not saying he sucks but he isn't that much better than someone who will be available for the vet min. One guy I don't think anyone has mentioned in a while is Wille Cauley Stein.

There's a reason I haven't mentioned WCS. He's not very good. Among other things, he's a pretty poor rebounder and that's what we need. Alex Len for our trade exception sounds fine to me if we can't sign or trade for one of the others I listed. I think we'd need to give up a little more than just the trade exception.

Alex Len is a 29 year old backup center. I'm not giving up anything more than a roster spot for that type of guy. Sign a vet min guy or poney up the BAE or something or us the trade deadline exception and get Boban or something but no giving up assets for backup centers when there are decent players literally hoping just to get work.
D-Mac [enjin:19736340]

Post by D-Mac [enjin:19736340] »

kekgeek1 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
D-Loser wrote:
WildWolf2813 wrote:
KiwiMatt wrote:I still like the idea of acquiring Jonathan Isaac. Yes there are questions on his health, but he could be a good 'buy low' acquisition. With a glut of big men and point guards Orlando really need some depth and shooting at the wing position.

Maybe Malik Beasley and a future 2nd (or two) might be enough to get a deal done?

The other issue with Isaac is that he's a polarizing guy in the locker room.

If towns and these other clowns can pull all their liberal snowflake bs, why can't Isaac speak up about his conservative views? I'm tired of this double standard.

FWIW and I don't honestly care that much but I have not heard about anything Isaac having issues in the locker room. I may disagree with some of his stances but he has also seemed respectful stating his thoughts. Maybe that changed since I last paid attention but he also wasn't playing either so maybe nobody was really asking him.

I think Isaac has done a great job articulating his views on subjects even though I personally disagree with them. He is in his right. I think the thing that it comes down to is how much Kat cares about this stuff. Right or wrong Kat is sort of the NBA poster boy when it comes to Covid and vaccines. Can Isaac and Kat coexist, none of us no that. In terms of basketball I love Isaac game

I get what you're both saying. Sometimes I hate myself for being an nba fan. The fact that kyrie and Isaac get ripped on in the media and labeled as problems or bad teammates is crazy to me.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

D-Mac wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
D-Loser wrote:
WildWolf2813 wrote:
KiwiMatt wrote:I still like the idea of acquiring Jonathan Isaac. Yes there are questions on his health, but he could be a good 'buy low' acquisition. With a glut of big men and point guards Orlando really need some depth and shooting at the wing position.

Maybe Malik Beasley and a future 2nd (or two) might be enough to get a deal done?

If towns and these other clowns can pull all their liberal snowflake bs, why can't Isaac speak up about his conservative views? I'm tired of this double standard.

FWIW and I don't honestly care that much but I have not heard about anything Isaac having issues in the locker room. I may disagree with some of his stances but he has also seemed respectful stating his thoughts. Maybe that changed since I last paid attention but he also wasn't playing either so maybe nobody was really asking him.

I think Isaac has done a great job articulating his views on subjects even though I personally disagree with them. He is in his right. I think the thing that it comes down to is how much Kat cares about this stuff. Right or wrong Kat is sort of the NBA poster boy when it comes to Covid and vaccines. Can Isaac and Kat coexist, none of us no that. In terms of basketball I love Isaac game

I get what you're both saying. Sometimes I hate myself for being an nba fan. The fact that kyrie and Isaac get ripped on in the media and labeled as problems or bad teammates is crazy to me.

DL - You shouldn't lump Isaac in with Kyrie. As a very devout Christian, Isaac just quietly held to his deeply held religious beliefs regarding vaccination. That's all. Otherwise, by all accounts he's been a great and beloved teammate who has struggled through injuries and worked really hard to overcome them. Kyrie is an arrogant a-hole. He was repeatedly missing in action well before Covid. And he didn't just refuse to get vaccinated, he grandstanded on that issue - the flip side of Steve Kerr's virtue signaling. He spouts weird conspiracy stuff in social media. He's a guy who would be problematic on any roster because he can't be counted on and doesn't act like a teammate. Based on everything I've read about Isaac, he'd be a great teammate and the Wolves current players would likely embrace and love the guy.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

kekgeek1 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
D-Loser wrote:
WildWolf2813 wrote:

Actually I was gonna bring up the fact that he's very heavy handed when it comes to religion. That's what I thought of when I thought of how he polarized his teammates in Orlando. He would invite his teammates to join his congregation and they declined, but instead of letting that go he would mention that they didn't come to his congregation. The belief is that he's a good guy who at best will be a colleague because he'll always be on an island on anything socially because he's religiously hardcore.

Point is, he's not the easiest person to put into a locker room. That's before we can even wonder whether he's physically up for playing on the court.

Orlando happens to be a great place for Isaac because it's a place with people just like him, so locally they love him there and don't mind his beliefs socially or otherwise.
Monster

Post by Monster »

WildWolf2813 wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
D-Loser wrote:
WildWolf2813 wrote:

Actually I was gonna bring up the fact that he's very heavy handed when it comes to religion. That's what I thought of when I thought of how he polarized his teammates in Orlando. He would invite his teammates to join his congregation and they declined, but instead of letting that go he would mention that they didn't come to his congregation. The belief is that he's a good guy who at best will be a colleague because he'll always be on an island on anything socially because he's religiously hardcore.

Point is, he's not the easiest person to put into a locker room. That's before we can even wonder whether he's physically up for playing on the court.

Orlando happens to be a great place for Isaac because it's a place with people just like him, so locally they love him there and don't mind his beliefs socially or otherwise.

That was from back in 2018 when he was a rookie. Here is an article I found.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/01/17/jonathan-isaac-in-sermon-i-invited-my-magic-teammates-to-hear-me-preach-but-none-came/amp/
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

D-Mac wrote:
WildWolf2813 wrote:

The majority of Americans are conservative at least by European standards. Towns family has been devastated by covid, I will respect his feelings on this issue.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

"I'm obviously a strong believer in the vaccine," Towns said, via NJ.com. "I've been through so much and it would be kind of contradictory to not be on the pro-vaccine side. But what I will say is that I believe in choice and I like to give people their choice and I have no problem with people having their choice."

"They make their own decisions on their own bodies and their own families. I have no ill will towards that," Towns said, via NJ.com. "The only thing I would say is just don't give me a bulls**t excuse why [you don't get the vaccine] ... You don't want to do it, that's your choice."

Karl-Anthony Towns has been very transparent about how he feels on this topic from the very beginning. He's certainly felt the effects of the virus more than a lot of people, and even he's said that it's a personal choice. That should be the end of it. I have to admit that it was [and still is] annoying to see people use Towns and his family's pain as some sort of example. How much clearer could he be?
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

D-Mac wrote:
WildWolf2813 wrote:

Your screename is D-Loser? Well, it's half right.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

lipoli390 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:Portis was the guy I wanted the Wolves to sign when Rosas instead decided to re-sign Juancho. Portis would be a great fit for the Wolves and, at the time, he was definitely gettable. But I don't see him signing with the Wolves now. I suspect he'll stay in Milwaukee. He loves it there and they love him. They have his Bird rights, so they're not limited on what they can pay him. So the Portis ship has sailed. If we're looking to add a big, here are what I'd consider the realistic options that might be worth pursuing:

1. Sign one of the following free agents: Jalen Smith, Hartenstein Montrezl Harrell, Andre Drummond or JaVale McGee

2. Trade Beasley and Naz (maybe with a future pick) for Myles Turner, Richaun Holmes, Steven Adams, or Jonathan Isaac.

FWIW Lawrence Frank's said their top priority was resigning their FAs. I would think to keep Hartenstein they would have to use an exception to do it.

If the Wolves want Alex Len they should be able to get him by just taking him in with a trade exception and sending the Kings the rights to Paulo Prestes or something. I can't imagine giving up anything of value to trade for Alex Len. I'm not saying he sucks but he isn't that much better than someone who will be available for the vet min. One guy I don't think anyone has mentioned in a while is Wille Cauley Stein.

There's a reason I haven't mentioned WCS. He's not very good. Among other things, he's a pretty poor rebounder and that's what we need. Alex Len for our trade exception sounds fine to me if we can't sign or trade for one of the others I listed. I think we'd need to give up a little more than just the trade exception.

Attention Board: It is OK to not think that every non-wolf is automatically better than every Wolf.

Monster, I like you, but if it was going to happen for WCS, it would have. He's 28, and hasn't averaged 20 min. in two seasons. But hey, I love WCS. Comes from the nicest Kansas City suburb. Goes to Duke. Lots of advantages many of us have will never have. And to celebrate his luck/success/opportunities, he runs out and gets 800 neck tattoos. I'm looking forward to Zach Parise's neck tattoo phase.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

Attention Board: It is OK to not think that every non-wolf is automatically better than every Wolf.

Monster, I like you, but if it was going to happen for WCS, it would have. He's 28, and hasn't averaged 20 min. in two seasons. But hey, I love WCS. Comes from the nicest Kansas City suburb. Goes to Duke. Lots of advantages many of us have will never have. And to celebrate his luck/success/opportunities, he runs out and gets 800 neck tattoos. I'm looking forward to Zach Parise's neck tattoo phase.

Actually, I find the opposite to be true among diehard fans.

"We" tend to overvalue our own players more often than not.