GDT: Minnesota vs Sacramento

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Jester1534

Re: GDT: Minnesota vs Sacramento

Post by Jester1534 »

WildWolf2813 wrote:Normally we'd be furious if the Wolves did nothing. Don't mess with success.

That said, I hope Ant sits out the Rising Stars game. We're playing with fire with those knees of his. He needs a rest.

Kind of wish Finch didn't play him the 4th. Beasley was hot. Nowell had fresh legs from not playing the first half. There was really no need for him to play.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Camden wrote:
Q-was-here wrote:J-mac is becoming [s]Tyus Jones 2.0[/s] better than Ja Morant!

Fixed it for you, Q. You throw it up and I'll finish the oop. 8)

Well, that goes without saying!
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Many of us have been saying for quite a while that our core is solid, but we need to make moves to strengthen our bench. Well, what we've been seeing the past couple weeks suggests that we shouldn't make any major moves related to the bench either. Beasley is rapidly progressing back to his mean as a three-point shooter as I suspected he would. Meanwhile, he's also providing extra value with his speed, athleticism and rebounding. JMac is coming around and looking like the player who helped us get two big wins in the latter part of the 2019-20 season. Nowell has established himself as a solid rotation player this season. McDaniels is looking like the player who showed so much promise last season. Even Prince has clearly come around and is playing terrific basketball.

If we can swap Beasley or Prince for Barnes as Cam suggested, I'd be tempted. But otherwise, let's just move forward with the team we have and deal Layman for Len.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Minnesota's threatening their season-high for threes made in a game. 23 is the total to beat. They're at 22 right now.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

I want to add this story to the GDT. I told my wife enjoy Jake Layman it might be the last time you see him play in wolves Jersey.

She said who? Lol

Then she looked oh the good looking guy with blue eyes. Gotta love women lol
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

Jester1534 wrote:I want to add this story to the GDT. I told my wife enjoy Jake Layman it might be the last time you see him play in wolves Jersey.

She said who? Lol

Then she looked oh the good looking guy with blue eyes. Gotta love women lol

Hey he pulled down 1 rebound in only 3 minutes of play. That's over 10rpg per 36mins!
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

Getting the W and no one had to play 30 mins is pretty valuable. Having that little extra oomph in the legs for the next game can be all the difference between a W and L.
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:Many of us have been saying for quite a while that our core is solid, but we need to make moves to strengthen our bench. Well, what we've been seeing the past couple weeks suggests that we shouldn't make any major moves related to the bench either. Beasley is rapidly progressing back to his mean as a three-point shooter as I suspected he would. Meanwhile, he's also providing extra value with his speed, athleticism and rebounding. JMac is coming around and looking like the player who helped us get two big wins in the latter part of the 2019-20 season. Nowell has established himself as a solid rotation player this season. McDaniels is looking like the player who showed so much promise last season. Even Prince has clearly come around and is playing terrific basketball.

If we can swap Beasley or Prince for Barnes as Cam suggested, I'd be tempted. But otherwise, let's just move forward with the team we have and deal Layman for Len.

I kept saying the deadline players we want to improve the team might actually be on the roster. If Naz can start playing better more consistently that would help things a lot. He doesn't have to become a tough guy etc just do the things he is actually good at. I'm glad Prince is healthy and was playing tonight. I might have to watch this one back to see McLaughlin's double double.
Monster

Post by Monster »

PorkChop wrote:Getting the W and no one had to play 30 mins is pretty valuable. Having that little extra oomph in the legs for the next game can be all the difference between a W and L.

The box score for this game that come up on Google had Beverly playing 43 minutes? I was like why? then I saw it has McDaniels having played 53 minutes and then I knew there was some sort of mistake. Lol
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Finch press conference.

Ant not doing the little things and not playing with a lot of energy.

Love this guy hold guys accountable no matter how much of star they're.

He also said his number one priority is to get him right and get him going.