Let’s Make a Deal — NBA Trade Edition

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Tactical unit

Re: Let’s Make a Deal — NBA Trade Edition

Post by Tactical unit »

Any stats guys got a take on Eric Gordon vs Malik Beasley defensively?
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Tactical unit wrote:Any stats guys got a take on Eric Gordon vs Malik Beasley defensively?

Eric Gordon typically grades out better than Malik Beasley defensively. I don't have the numbers in front of me but I did check this earlier in the year when I had interest in Gordon.

I hate his contract, though, and he's played too well to just be a salary dump. It'd take a real asset to acquire him and still have to pay too much annually for him.
Monster

Post by Monster »

D-Loser wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
D-Loser wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
TheFuture wrote:
jester1534 wrote:
D-Loser wrote:
jester1534 wrote:
D-Loser wrote:
jester1534 wrote:
D-Loser wrote:
jester1534 wrote:
Q-was-here wrote:
D-Mac wrote:
Camden wrote:
D-Loser wrote:I agree with you both here. I'd be good with dlo coming back for something like 4/70, but honestly he's just not as important as the other 4. How much do we really lose right now when Nowell has to cover his minutes? I'd argue very little. Don't get me wrong, he's having a good year and we would miss his play making a bit, but he's the easiest to replace, especially at his expected cost.

Alright, I'll bite. What makes you think the bolded text is anywhere close to being true? I'm willing to hear the argument if you'll provide it. Respectfully.

I just don't understand how we're this far into the season and still have fans undervaluing the impact D-Lo has as a scorer, facilitator, and defender (yes) in Minnesota's backcourt. The team is vastly different with and without him.

I don't understand your issue with my statement. He's a solid starter on a decent team. That's what a solid starter on a decent team makes. The future of this team is kat and ant. We have to spend wisely after those two max guys. Again, he's had a good year, but he's not a star, like you seem to believe. Two things... often times when he's out I find myself thinking I'd be good if he just didn't come back... also, I always laugh when the announcers say he's such a clutch player... maybe if he was a little better regular player he wouldn't have to be so clutch. Yep, I think he's a replacement level starter... aka a league average starter. Yep, I think he's a replacement level starter... aka a league average starter. He's going to delusionally ask for 30M/year. let's see if we're dumb enough to give it to him

You offer no data here to back up your claims. What is your evidence of him being a replacement level starter? How does the team actually do when he is not in the lineup versus how you think and feel like? These are things you can go lookup hard data on.

I gotta give you credit. You are right on brand here!

I'll double down on this with Q. Where's your Data at? I been on the trading Naz train but I have no data to back it up. It's all eye test for me because I don't really understand the stats and I'm trying to learn more about them. But if someone on here gave me a bunch of data on why Naz is good fit for this team I would probably change my mind.

Countless times people have given stats on how DLO is a new player and is playing to his potential now. The team is in its best position in 15-20 years.

Also it's Pretty hard to take you seriously when you appeared out of nowhere and you made your ID on here D-Loser.

I've been reading this board regularly since it was on espn, so I guess I didn't show up out of nowhere. Also... don't care about data... I get more than enough data at work. I watch every game and trust the eye test. If you're a data guy, I'm happy for you. He's an average starter (meaning he's our 3rd best starter) on an average team (us exactly)... what's the issue?

Well as I told the umpire who tossed me out when I was 17 for squeezing the strike zone on me all game long.

Make sure you put my name on referral when you go get LASIK so I can get the free $100 bucks.

Stick to baseball chump. I think you're mad because I called you one of the two worst posters on this forum (again, I've been reading it along time!)

I see just fine. I actually like dlo, but I like him at 4/70 on his next contract.

You did lol I never knew but thanks for giving me the honor. I would agree my grammar is atrocious and I have to edit all the time and it's still bad. I even beat the guy who came out around here trying to sell us rings and shit.

You know what funny is when I was third grade I had to go to eye doctor. Little Jester was positive his eyesight was great but then the moved the picture far away. I knew it was big fucking E but I couldn't see it.

Just like DLO you know he's great for this team but your irrational hate for him makes it so you can't see it because it puts you so far away.

Man I love good dumb analogy lol

My point is if so easy to replace him then why are they 5-9 when he doesn't play this year.

I got my LASIK done at Joffe Medicenter when I was 19. Best decision of my life. Maybe you can go there I know a guy.

I also agree I hope they trade Jake Layman so I don't have to hear about that freakin baby blue eyes ever again :)

Thought I had a stroke for a second there... so you're saying you're older than 19?? I just assumed you were 11 :). You're pretty funny, I'll give you that dude. Again, for the 80th time, I don't hate dlo and he is a good fit on this team. He's grown a lot, but let's not overpay him by because we're wearing our homer glasses. We've beat a lot of bad teams this year and we've been relatively healthy. We're not good and we haven't accomplished jack yet. Maybe I'll go 4/80 at the end of year if he doesn't revert back to last years dlo who legitimately looked like the worst starter in the league at teams. I don't even know what you guys are arguing with me about lol

Yep 33 in April :) and thankful for every day after the health stuff I gone through this year.

Just to remind you Jake Layman started at the begging of the year last year.

You're all retarded.

This is a friendly (seriously) reminder to not use the R-word. There are a lot of folks out there that would really appreciate it.

That's all continue on.

What a snowflake

You are an asshole.

At least I'm not a snowflake. I see language that offends me on here too. I'm not a fan of taking God's/Jesus name in vain, but I'm not gonna wine about it. How is calling someone an asshole any less offensive than calling someone a retard. Pretty subjective I'd say. But hey, apparently you're the name calling police and Camden is the irrational police. I really wasn't trolling until just now. Future was right lol

I never whined about it that is simply not true. I made a simple request and tried to be nice about it. You took the time to post that I was a snowflake when you could have not been offended and scrolled on by. I am not the word police. Are you going to call a person with and intellectual or developmental disability a snowflake because they do not want someone to use that word?
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Camden wrote:
Tactical unit wrote:Any stats guys got a take on Eric Gordon vs Malik Beasley defensively?

Eric Gordon typically grades out better than Malik Beasley defensively. I don't have the numbers in front of me but I did check this earlier in the year when I had interest in Gordon.

I hate his contract, though, and he's played too well to just be a salary dump. It'd take a real asset to acquire him and still have to pay too much annually for him.

Cam gotta question for you. Do you have interest in Turner or Sabonis.

How much would it cost to even get Sabonis?

I just keep reading how most likely one of them is going to be traded
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

jester1534 wrote:
Camden wrote:

Cam gotta question for you. Do you have interest in Turner or Sabonis.

How much would it cost to even get Sabonis?

I just keep reading how most likely one of them is going to be traded

Before and even during the early part of the season I had interest -- more so in Domantas Sabonis -- but obviously the emergence of Jarred Vanderbilt has changed my view on some things. I would prioritize adding another quality ball-handler and/or wing over a starting-level big.

Minnesota will have an opportunity to get an Alex Len type big for Jake Layman and a second-round pick or two depending on the player. That's really all they need at this time -- depth and a situational option for when Naz Reid is ineffective.

As for what Sabonis would cost, I'd remind everyone of what Nikola Vucevic cost at the time of his trade. Two first-round picks and a quality young player plus salary-matching contract(s), preferably expiring deals. There may or may not be pick swap options included in such a deal considering Sabonis is arguably better than Vucevic was and is several years younger.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

San Antonio is seeking a first-round pick and a quality player for Poeltl, according to Marc Stein. Poeltl is averaging career-highs in points (13.3), rebounds (9.0), and assists (2.8) this season.

Indiana is seeking two first-round picks or a promising young player and a first-round pick in exchange for Turner, as I previously reported on HoopsHype. or a promising young player and a first-round pick in exchange for Turner, as I previously reported on HoopsHype.

OK. Any thoughts on possible Wolves trades for Poeltl or Turner based on the reported asking price?
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Doogie reported that, in his words, "the Wolves are definitely pursuing Marcus Smart." But apparently the hold up is the the Wolves are only willing to part with Beasley while Boston is insisting on also getting a future 1st or McDaniels. While I'm pleased Gupta has thus far refused to include a future first or McDaniels, he should still be fired at the end of this season for even considering the idea of swapping Beasley for Smart. Why on earth does Gupta want to trade our one three-point marksman for a 38% FG shooter. Beasley's career three-point percentage is higher that Smart's career FG percentage? Trading Beasley could make sense, but not for Marcus Smart. And why pay a premium salary for a slightly better version of Okogie? Mind-boggling.
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:Doogie reported that, in his words, "the Wolves are definitely pursuing Marcus Smart." But apparently the hold up is the the Wolves are only willing to part with Beasley while Boston is insisting on also getting a future 1st or McDaniels. While I'm pleased Gupta has thus far refused to include a future first or McDaniels, he should still be fired at the end of this season for even considering the idea of swapping Beasley for Smart. Why on earth does Gupta want to trade our one three-point marksman for a 38% FG shooter. Beasley's career three-point percentage is higher that Smart's career FG percentage? Trading Beasley could make sense, but not for Marcus Smart. And why pay a premium salary for a slightly better version of Okogie? Mind-boggling.

Sorry Lip but if Okogie was slightly worse than Smart we would be talking about trying to get him locked into a team friendly deal. I'm not suggesting Smart will be worth his salary (if he stays healthy then I could see it and health is my biggest concern with him) but Smart has been a good player for a good team for a while even if Cam is right and he isn't the player that he was etc. He can play as a legit PG which has value off widely. Beasley basically has one skill and it sounds like he is still pretty bad defensively. I'd compare Smart more to a Rubio type than an Okogie. Rubio was making a pretty good sum and the Wolves found someone that found that contract and player to be a positive in Cleveland.

As I think I said before the reason I would go after Smart is if I could get him at a discount rate. Getting him for Beasley would be that. I'll agree with Cam's strong take (which I believe you absolutely agree with also) that Smart's contract is just too much to take on. If it wasn't that he had that 4th year with over 20 million I think I would be ok with it. Going after Smart the player I get it. I think it's also clear someone with the Wolves is a big fan of Smart. I am too actually but I would only go after him if the price was right. I don't think the Celtics are going to cave and give him away. They might keep talking as it seems they have possible deal in the Beasley Richardson deal they could do especially if each team could find a group of players to more closely match salaries or maybe involve a 3rd team and then both teams could get/stay under the Lux tax.
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:San Antonio is seeking a first-round pick and a quality player for Poeltl, according to Marc Stein. Poeltl is averaging career-highs in points (13.3), rebounds (9.0), and assists (2.8) this season.

Indiana is seeking two first-round picks or a promising young player and a first-round pick in exchange for Turner, as I previously reported on HoopsHype. or a promising young player and a first-round pick in exchange for Turner, as I previously reported on HoopsHype.

OK. Any thoughts on possible Wolves trades for Poeltl or Turner based on the reported asking price?

2 first round picks (or basically that value) for either guy? Nope. Pass. I would be more interested if Naz represented one of those assets.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

First collection of players we've had in almost 20 years that seem to be a semi cohesive unit and have us headed to the playoffs and we want to fiddle with it. How about riding this group out and seeing it thru to the end? Last season a losing squad was worth winning 4-5 games at the end and draft pics be damned. I don't get it.