GDT: Wolves vs. Mavs - Getting Over the Hump Day

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: GDT: Wolves vs. Mavs - Getting Over the Hump Day

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Robinson in the D-League yet? If not, why can't he get some burn.
worldK

Post by worldK »

jj barea looks much better on a good team.
worldK

Post by worldK »

We got whooped by a good playoff team. What frustrates me is that we look like we mailed it in. No energy and hustle at all. We played like what our record shows.

Thad had a good game, been paying well the last few games. Still a disgusting effort from the whole team.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Second terrible outing in a row, 9th home loss in a row. They really gave no fight in this one which was disappointing to see. There were no positive takeaways really. All of the young guys looked bad, including Wiggins. No one could make a shot. Pekovic actually looked better than I thought, but he didn't really make much of a difference in the outcome. I didn't necessarily expect a win, but I figured coming back home after a solid road trip would have fired them up a bit. Guess not.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:Im noticing some really bad body language tonight. Haven't seen much of it this year despite the losing.

First of many nights.

Flip's gotta be naive to think this losing isn't gonna get to these guys.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Camden wrote:Robinson in the D-League yet? If not, why can't he get some burn.

I'm convinced he's only here for 2 reasons.

1. Flip: "oh that's Glenn's kid. Awesome!"

2. To get a handcuff for Shabazz.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

I'm not sure how it translates to the NBA, but NHL teams always seem to struggle the first game home after a road trip of at least 3 games. Especially the teams with a lot of youth. You get back home and you have to catch up on a lot of domestic things that you can't take care of while on the road. You also have a tendency to relax a bit thinking it's going to be easier at home. I know when I bet the NBA I always look for teams coming off a long road trip to bet against.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:What a gamer that K-Mart is

Yeah. Rubio, too.

[Note: Just saying. Be fair guys.]
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:I'm not sure how it translates to the NBA, but NHL teams always seem to struggle the first game home after a road trip of at least 3 games. Especially the teams with a lot of youth. You get back home and you have to catch up on a lot of domestic things that you can't take care of while on the road. You also have a tendency to relax a bit thinking it's going to be easier at home. I know when I bet the NBA I always look for teams coming off a long road trip to bet against.

Depends. A lot of times it seems that the last game of a road trip (especially a "successful" trip is the one to bet on as a mail-in game.) Minnesota mailed it in vs. Charlotte as lots of teams do in that position.

To do it two games in a row...?
Yikes.
repplile [enjin:8691898]

Post by repplile [enjin:8691898] »

I didn't think that Wiggins looked particularly bad today. He was not hitting shots, including several open threes but that can happen to anyone. I think the biggest factor in his comparatively low shooting percentage the past two games is that he is getting fewer calls when there is contact going toward the basket. There were a number of times last night where he went hard at the basket and a foul probably should have been called but the refs swallowed their whistles as well as one or two extremely late whistles. Though it would not have influenced the outcome of either game it's a disturbing trend given the respect he was getting a little earlier in the year.