Is there any way to keep our big 3 for the long term?

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741]

Is there any way to keep our big 3 for the long term?

Post by alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741] »

With Pek getting a new deal, do the wolves possibly have enough cap to keep all 3 together long term? Love isn't getting less then a penny worth the max (and rightfully so). Pek's deal gives Rubio huge leverage, as he is clearly the better player. Is the best we could hope for is Rubio taking a discount? Why should he?
TAFKASP

Re: Is there any way to keep our big 3 for the long term?

Post by TAFKASP »

Love getting the max is going to depend on if he can stay healthy and regain the form of two years ago. If he doesn't then he's not worth it. As for the question, I don't think Taylor is going to split up the three of them, he'll pay so long as there is evidence that the team can compete. He did before, he will again.

So yes, they can and will be kept together, assuming Love doesn't bolt for other reasons.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

TheSP wrote:Love getting the max is going to depend on if he can stay healthy and regain the form of two years ago. If he doesn't then he's not worth it. As for the question, I don't think Taylor is going to split up the three of them, he'll pay so long as there is evidence that the team can compete. He did before, he will again.

So yes, they can and will be kept together, assuming Love doesn't bolt for other reasons.

I think this post is spot on. It's a big year for Love. Another partial season and I'd be real hesitant to lock him up for 5 years at max money. If he does return to the production of 2 years ago it's a no brainer.

I think we can keep the big 3 together (still not sure that term applies yet), but it might be difficult to build around them. We MUST start hitting on draft picks, even late first round ones.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

TheSP wrote:He did before, he will again.

You can't guarantee this. You're assuming he'll do something he hasn't done-- and hasn't wanted to do-- in 10 years.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

WildWolf2813 wrote:

You can't guarantee this. You're assuming he'll do something he hasn't done-- and hasn't wanted to do-- in 10 years.

Would you have wanted to go into the luxury tax for any of those teams Wolf? I believe he will do what is needed IF he feels the teams can be special, none of the teams in recent memory were worth a damn.
alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741]

Post by alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741] »

0% chance Love stays here for less then max money
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

TheSP wrote:
WildWolf2813 wrote:

Would you have wanted to go into the luxury tax for any of those teams Wolf? I believe he will do what is needed IF he feels the teams can be special, none of the teams in recent memory were worth a damn.

I would have wanted him to do more in the hopes of adding more talents, particularly in the case of buying a pick as opposed to selling one, stuff like that.

What Glen is hoping is that the team becomes special before he commits luxury tax money which will be very hard to do without having real cheap production come from somewhere.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

alexftbl8181 wrote:0% chance Love stays here for less then max money

You might be right, but a lot depends on how this season goes. If he misses more than 40 games this year NO ONE is going to give him max money. I wouldn't even want the Wolves to make that investment if he has another injury plagued year.