Jonny Flynn Wants Back In

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Jonny Flynn Wants Back In

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9547629/the-struggles-former-lottery-pick-jonny-flynn

Good read. I still think Flynn could have been better somewhere else. I wouldn't mind seeing him back in the league. If he is truly healthy he should have a spot somewhere.
foye2smith [enjin:6593248]

Re: Jonny Flynn Wants Back In

Post by foye2smith [enjin:6593248] »

They didn't get an interview from Kahn but Rambis got some good shots in. Nice that even after they're no longer in each other's lives they can still play the blame game.

Rambis "You're a bad GM!"

Kahn "No, you're a bad coach!"

Fans "Guys, guys, guys, can't we just agree that you were both terrible?"
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

And so was Flynn.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

I'll say one thing in defense of Flynn. It's no wonder he missed Pek all the time on the roll to the basket considering Pek was playing in Europe at the time. What is Wohl talking about? Rambis forbid Flynn from running the PnR, which is why he and Flynn were at each other's throats. I remember repeatedly seeing Flynn telling Rambis to go F himself.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Flynn along with Wes johnson are the key reasons why kahn was fired. So many good and serviceable players could have been drafted in their place.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

worldK wrote:Flynn along with Wes johnson are the key reasons why kahn was fired. So many good and serviceable players could have been drafted in their place.

I swear we didn't draft Monroe or Cousins because we had Darko. Monroe should have been the pick, but we drafted for need. I am not sure Pek ever develops if we drafted Monroe, which is not a horrible thing, He still likely would have been a good reserve big man.

I'm not even going to attempt to defend Flynn because I will get crucified.

TravisT [enjin:6669699]

Post by TravisT [enjin:6669699] »

Great read; was just about to post it as well. Whether Kahn or Rambis are in the right as far as who was more at fault, doesn't matter. Just further proves how disfunctional this franchise is. If anyone is at fault, it would be Taylor for hiring DK which led to DK hiring Rambis. Either way, both were poor choices. But wow, what a dark time those years were for this team. What we have now is lightyears ahead of what we had then. Flip and RA > DK and Rambis.

As for Flynn, I hope he can make a comeback into the league. I always liked him and even though Curry would've been the right pick, I was still excited at the time to see what Flynn could do for us. I won't lie; I drank the Flynn kool-aid.
worldK

Post by worldK »

bleedspeed177 wrote:
worldK wrote:Flynn along with Wes johnson are the key reasons why kahn was fired. So many good and serviceable players could have been drafted in their place.

I swear we didn't draft Monroe or Cousins because we had Darko. Monroe should have been the pick, but we drafted for need. I am not sure Pek ever develops if we drafted Monroe, which is not a horrible thing, He still likely would have been a good reserve big man.

I'm not even going to attempt to defend Flynn because I will get crucified.

Monroe or cousins would have prevented Kahn and Rambis in resigning Draco. (reports are that it was rambis who was pushing hard for Darco and view him as his pau gasol). George and Hayward would look nice with the wolves right now, that pick has good value back then if we opt for the trade route. Simply put, Kahn blew that pick and rambis was just as guilty of that as he compared Wes to pippen back then. No need to defend the Flynn pick, it was terrible.

Kahn blew the Flynn and Wes pick, he deserve to get fired for those. Rambis on the other hand, deserved to be fired just as much if not more. Darco as gasol? Wes as pippen? he can claim all he wants that he was only running 20% of the triangle but if you have your players(big al and others saying otherwise) then that either makes you a liar or totally incompetent as your players don't even know what your doing.

Kahn and Rambis both deserve to get fired. Rambis is worst than Kahn in my view as far as doing their jobs. Rambis was simply incompetent.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

Jonny Flynn was good enough to be in the NBA but that hip injury really derailed him and ultimately ended his time in the NBA. He lost his explosiveness which was his trait. I don't blame Jonny one bit, he's a good kid and it's horrible to see a career effected by and injury like that.

He played pretty well for the Melbourne Tigers during his time in the ANBL. There's no reason why he shouldn't be a 2nd or 3rd string PG on an NBA team. I certainly wouldn't be against giving him the 15th spot on our roster.