Rudy Gobert for Number 1 Discussed

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
apollotsg [enjin:6592798]

Re: Rudy Gobert for Number 1 Discussed

Post by apollotsg [enjin:6592798] »

I do the trade as fast as possible. Thats assuming we actually play with two bigs.

I think Gobert is the pick and roll partner DLO needs, not Towns. Towns cant set a screen to save his team - Gobert takes pride in it. This allows Towns to play the all offense roll he wants and Gobert doesn't have to worry about being #2 or even #3 on the offensive side, just clean up.

Heck, with Towns improved ball movement, I am curious what a Gobert Towns combo could do in the paint.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

worldK wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:
Q12543 wrote:This is silly. There is no one the Jazz is going to get out of this draft at #1 that will make up in any way for what they lose in Gobert. At least not for a couple years, if ever.

And the Wolves won't do it because does anyone think Rosas is willing to play two Centers together? He has shown zero indication that this is something he'd consider doing.

I could see the Jazz trading Gobert for another guard or wing that could help relieve some pressure off Mitchell, but it would need to be an existing vet, not a rookie.

I think they do it in a heartbeat actually. Gobert is eligible for a super max and the day he signs that contract the Jazz are done

I agree with keek. Gobert is an impact player and elite defender no doubt. But you dont pay him supermax and expects to contend. Even lebron needed an elite mvp caliber 2 way big in davis to win his 4th title. Utah would consider trading him to avoid paying him that and have more space to build a true contender.

I hadn't thought about the contract aspect. If the Jazz have no desire to pay that amount, who would?
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Q12543 wrote:
worldK wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:
Q12543 wrote:This is silly. There is no one the Jazz is going to get out of this draft at #1 that will make up in any way for what they lose in Gobert. At least not for a couple years, if ever.

And the Wolves won't do it because does anyone think Rosas is willing to play two Centers together? He has shown zero indication that this is something he'd consider doing.

I could see the Jazz trading Gobert for another guard or wing that could help relieve some pressure off Mitchell, but it would need to be an existing vet, not a rookie.

I think they do it in a heartbeat actually. Gobert is eligible for a super max and the day he signs that contract the Jazz are done

I agree with keek. Gobert is an impact player and elite defender no doubt. But you dont pay him supermax and expects to contend. Even lebron needed an elite mvp caliber 2 way big in davis to win his 4th title. Utah would consider trading him to avoid paying him that and have more space to build a true contender.

I hadn't thought about the contract aspect. If the Jazz have no desire to pay that amount, who would?

He can only get the super max from the Jazz. So nobody would pay him the super max. But I could see Gobert being like you won't pay me the super max, I'm disrespect and I'll sign a max contract elsewhere.

Jazz are in a really weird spot going forward
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

To be honest, I would do the trade. I floated this idea as soon as we won the #1 pick. Wiseman is my favorite in the draft, but the Wolves are going to take Ball.
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

We better not take Ball. That would be a huge mistake. So you're probably right. We are taking Ball
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:To be honest, I would do the trade. I floated this idea as soon as we won the #1 pick. Wiseman is my favorite in the draft, but the Wolves are going to take Ball.

Taking LaMelo Ball first overall will likely be the final nail in the coffin for this franchise. I hope you're wrong about that, but alas you're probably right. This is the Minnesota Timberwolves we're talking about.

So, the question will be... do I become a Mavs fan or a Heat fan? Oof.
Monster

Post by Monster »

To me adding Gobert is sort of a move you make if you are looking to be more than a team looking to jump from bad to a playoff team. I wonder IF the Jazz were actually willing to deal Gobert (Probably Just theoretical) if they would do it for the #2 pick with GS. That makes more sense to me for the team getting Gobert in terms of what that team is trying to do. GS could sweeten the deal a bit if they wanted to.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

monsterpile wrote:To me adding Gobert is sort of a move you make if you are looking to be more than a team looking to jump from bad to a playoff team. I wonder IF the Jazz were actually willing to deal Gobert (Probably Just theoretical) if they would do it for the #2 pick with GS. That makes more sense to me for the team getting Gobert in terms of what that team is trying to do. GS could sweeten the deal a bit if they wanted to.

I agree, Monster. You don't trade the top pick in a draft for a $25 million per year all-star going into the last year of his contract -- at least not when you're a team that just finished with the 3rd worst record in the League. Not only will he expect a super max after next season, at age 29 he'll be looking to play for a championship contender. I can see the Wolves making the playoffs next season as a 7th or 8th seed, but I don't see them going beyond the first round in playoffs much less contend for the title.

If Rosas is willing to pair Towns with another true big man who can block shots and help defensively, then he should draft Wiseman.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Also in that pod they talk about #1 and Johnson for Rozier and #3 i do not like that trade
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:To be honest, I would do the trade. I floated this idea as soon as we won the #1 pick. Wiseman is my favorite in the draft, but the Wolves are going to take Ball.

I don't think the Wolves will draft Ball. I think they'll trade down and draft Toppin.