Wolves are attempting to add another lotto pick

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: Wolves are attempting to add another lotto pick

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

[youtube]https://youtu.be/TyBVjwGRliM[/youtube]

Best personality in the draft by far, I think. Watch this interview.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

If the rumors are true that theyre trying to move up to the sixth spot does that mean they want to take Wiseman first? If so I'd take Haliburton with the sixth pick and call it a great draft. What if Ball is still there at sixth? Do you still take Haliburton? I do.
Jay Bilas has him as his top 4 player.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

If the rumors are true that theyre trying to move up to the sixth spot does that mean they want to take Wiseman first? If so I'd take Haliburton with the sixth pick and call it a great draft. What if Ball is still there at sixth? Do you still take Haliburton? I do.

PorkChop wrote:If the rumors are true that theyre trying to move up to the sixth spot does that mean they want to take Wiseman first? If so I'd take Haliburton with the sixth pick and call it a great draft. What if Ball is still there at sixth? Do you still take Haliburton? I do.

Haliburton is much better than Ball in just about every aspect of basketball. I'd gauge the trade market for teams that fell in love with Ball's flare and "star" quality, but I wouldn't consider drafting him at that slot to keep.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

It's not often you get a redo on your first pick from the year prior. And that's essentially what the Wolves would be able to do. So are we more comfortable seeing Cukver improve or possibly getting a pg that could slide DR over to sg and make the offense more well rounded.
Haliburtons ceiling is far higher than Culvers at this point.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

PorkChop wrote:It's not often you get a redo on your first pick from the year prior. And that's essentially what the Wolves would be able to do. So are we more comfortable seeing Cukver improve or possibly getting a pg that could slide DR over to sg and make the offense more well rounded.

....or this is all about big-game hunting and having the #1 an #6 could help reel in an all-star caliber talent.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

Q12543 wrote:
PorkChop wrote:It's not often you get a redo on your first pick from the year prior. And that's essentially what the Wolves would be able to do. So are we more comfortable seeing Cukver improve or possibly getting a pg that could slide DR over to sg and make the offense more well rounded.

....or this is all about big-game hunting and having the #1 an #6 could help reel in an all-star caliber talent.

Who realistically could be had for that?
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

TheFuture wrote:
Q12543 wrote:

For months everyone here acknowledged that this was a weak draft. Now our pics are good enough to land an all star. I just don't see it.

PorkChop wrote:
TheFuture wrote:
Q12543 wrote:

For months everyone here acknowledged that this was a weak draft. Now our pics are good enough to land an all star. I just don't see it.

I've long said this draft class isn't weak and that several years from now people will look back at it like they do the 2011 draft that had many more stars and quality players than expected. Now, do other executives think like I do? I'm sure some do, but likely not the majority and definitely not the media. If there's no Zion Williamson or Ben Simmons, they immediately claim it's a weak draft.

But to answer your question, the two picks alone aren't good enough to land an All-Star, but if you paired them with a 2023 first-round pick and an expiring contract like James Johnson I'd expect you could get the Washington Wizards to bite. That would mean Bradley Beal is on the table. The Wolves could then determine if they're better off with Beal or seeing if the Philadelphia Sixers want to get involved for Ben Simmons.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

So after connecting some dots with little bits of information I came up with this. Who says no?

Hawks trade pick 6 and Dedmon for Oubre and pick 17.
Wolves trade pick 17, Johnson, Culver, and Layman for pick 6, Rubio, and Dedmon.
Thunder trade Paul for pick 10, Johnson, and Culver.
Suns trade Oubre, Rubio, pick 10 for Paul, Layman and pick 25.