Wiggins vaccination appeal denied

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

Wiggins vaccination appeal denied

Post by kekgeek »

Wiggins either needs to now get vaccinated or he can't play in any home games or practice
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Re: Wiggins vaccination appeal denied

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Wowzers. Perhaps a dream come true for a guy that never seemed to care much for playing the game! I keed, I keed....

Will be interesting to see how this plays out, but I have to believe he gets the vaccine, right? Right??
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Q12543 wrote:Wowzers. Perhaps a dream come true for a guy that never seemed to care much for playing the game! I keed, I keed....

Will be interesting to see how this plays out, but I have to believe he gets the vaccine, right? Right??

I would assume Andrew Wiggins gets the vaccine for the sake of his teammates and being a team player, but this is the kind of bullshit that could have and should have been avoided from a political standpoint. Here we are...
Monster

Post by Monster »

Camden0916 wrote:
Q12543 wrote:Wowzers. Perhaps a dream come true for a guy that never seemed to care much for playing the game! I keed, I keed....

I would assume Andrew Wiggins gets the vaccine for the sake of his teammates and being a team player, but this is the kind of bullshit that could have and should have been avoided from a political standpoint. Here we are...

From which political standpoint could it have been avoided?

Edit: I'll leave my post and question here if you do want to answer it but I'm also cool if we just leave the political part out of this thread.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

monsterpile wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:

From which political standpoint could it have been avoided?

Edit: I'll leave my post and question here if you do want to answer it but I'm also cool if we just leave the political part out of this thread.

This could have been avoided if states like California and New York didn't implement vaccine mandates that were essentially an infringement on personal liberties. Americans should not have to engage in medical treatment that they do not want or need just to participate in everyday society or continue their occupation. That's without even touching the subject of COVID-19 and its supposed lethality. "My body, my choice" went right out the window.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

These vaccine mandates will get challenged in court. The problem for the NBA players who aren't vaccinated is that there may not be a quick enough resolution to impact the coming season. I think the San Francisco mandate could ultimately get rewritten to provide accommodation for those with religious and health exemptions. Given the conservative leanings of the new court, I'd say some of these mandates will probably get overturned.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

KG4Ever wrote:These vaccine mandates will get challenged in court. The problem for the NBA players who aren't vaccinated is that there may not be a quick enough resolution to impact the coming season. I think the San Francisco mandate could ultimately get rewritten to provide accommodation for those with religious and health exemptions. Given the conservative leanings of the new court, I'd say some of these mandates will probably get overturned.

Wiggins tried to get a religion exemption and it was denied
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

kekgeek1 wrote:
KG4Ever wrote:These vaccine mandates will get challenged in court. The problem for the NBA players who aren't vaccinated is that there may not be a quick enough resolution to impact the coming season. I think the San Francisco mandate could ultimately get rewritten to provide accommodation for those with religious and health exemptions. Given the conservative leanings of the new court, I'd say some of these mandates will probably get overturned.

Yes, I know, but the city of San Francisco can be sued for violating his constitutional rights.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

KG4Ever wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:

Yes, I know, but the city of San Francisco can be sued for violating his constitutional rights.

How though. You have to get vaccinations to go to school when you are younger. What religion says not to take vaccinations (I'm honestly curious on that one and would love to learn more if you know more)

Every company or city has the right to mandate a vaccination.

One thing where I'm with Wiggins is, I think it's stupid that away players that come into SF don't need to be vaccinated to play, they get an exception but Wiggins doesn't. Now I think that part is dumb.

I'm pro vaccination, I respect people who don't want the vaccine but I also feel like its in the companies right to mandate a vaccine or not. Then it's up to that person if they want to work for that company. Completely understand the medical exemptions to the vaccine and even religion exemptions (if you can show me proof there is such a thing in any religion that deals with vaccination).

That's just where I'm at, for this whole thing. Wiggins I'm assuming will get the shot, but it will be really interesting to see if Wiggins says no. What will the warriors do?
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

Can someone explain the reason people are mandated to get a vaccine when it has zero, no impact on transmission between people? If it doesn't stop transmission or slow it than should it not be simply the person's choice.