Post by Leado01 »

Congratulations Lip, CrazyS, and Sab.

46 Wins! Fun season!
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
Lipoli390

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2021-22 WINS PREDICTION THREAD***

Post by Lipoli390 »

The Wolves gave me a bit of a scare in the second half last night. But their pathetic first half ensured that Crazy, Sab and I would emerge victorious. :).

I'm now going to put my recently acquired reputation as one of the three Wolves prophets on the line. I'm predicting the Wolves will lose to the Clippers and then beat either the Spurs or Pelicans to secure the 8th seed in the West.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

lipoli390 wrote:The Wolves gave me a bit of a scare in the second half last night. But their pathetic first half ensured that Crazy, Sab and I would emerge victorious. :).

I'm now going to put my recently acquired reputation as one of the three Wolves prophets on the line. I'm predicting the Wolves will lose to the Clippers and then beat either the Spurs or Pelicans to secure the 8th seed in the West.

Is it me or are we all pretty much chalking up the game against the Clippers as a loss? I know I am, but I am traditionally on the somewhat pessimistic side of Wolves fandom (as one can see by this very thread in my wins prediction).
Monster

Post by Monster »

Q-was-here wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:The Wolves gave me a bit of a scare in the second half last night. But their pathetic first half ensured that Crazy, Sab and I would emerge victorious. :).

Is it me or are we all pretty much chalking up the game against the Clippers as a loss? I know I am, but I am traditionally on the somewhat pessimistic side of Wolves fandom (as one can see by this very thread in my wins prediction).

It just 1 NBA game so I'm not exactly going to be shocked by the outcome either way.
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

monsterpile wrote:
Q-was-here wrote:

It just 1 NBA game so I'm not exactly going to be shocked by the outcome either way.

Yeah, I have no idea how this is going to turn out. A few weeks ago I would have felt confident we'd actually win, but we really did tail off toward the end of the season. My gut (and history) also seems to be preparing me for a loss, and the Clippers are no slouch of a team, especially with PG back.

But it is tough to read some of those last games of the year, and homecourt could really help us. I think PatBev is really going to help us set the tone, and I'm hoping whatever issues we were having toward the end of the year were just motivation issues that won't be an issue now that it's the real deal.

Really want to win and avoid the Suns, although the Grizz are great this year too. Either way, I'm really sorry we didn't put it together and pull off the 6th seed.
ItsJustSoSab

Post by ItsJustSoSab »

One game off last year, perfect this one. Kneel before your god Babylon!

But in all seriousness, even though I pretty much have tuned out post Jimmy fiasco, glad the Wolves are in the playoffs again!
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

ItsJustSoSab wrote:One game off last year, perfect this one. Kneel before your god Babylon!

But in all seriousness, even though I pretty much have tuned out post Jimmy fiasco, glad the Wolves are in the playoffs again!

You've missed one hell of a rebuild since the Jimmy fiasco. The DLO acquisition turned out a lot better than many of us thought and I believe deciding not to tank at the end of last season was pivotal in starting to build a winning culture.
ItsJustSoSab

Post by ItsJustSoSab »

Q-was-here wrote:
ItsJustSoSab wrote:One game off last year, perfect this one. Kneel before your god Babylon!

You've missed one hell of a rebuild since the Jimmy fiasco. The DLO acquisition turned out a lot better than many of us thought and I believe deciding not to tank at the end of last season was pivotal in starting to build a winning culture.

I agree with the tanking, that never leads to a team's culture changing. I haven't tuned out completely, I come back to the board from time to time throughout these last years. Been here since pre-Flynn/Rubio draft over on the ESPN boards, so I can't quite quit it completely. The announcement that Glen would no longer be the owner of this franchise in a few years is what really brought me back, but I haven't had time to invest this year because of life changes. Enjoyed the game 1 win though!