Wolves vs Clippers Play In GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
thedoper

Re: Wolves vs Clippers Play In GDT

Post by thedoper »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
leado01 wrote:What a great audience. What a great team win over a great Lue game plan and Ed Malloy who had more influence on the game than Towns!!!

Are there still any DLO haters on this board?

The last team that was this much fun was the 2004 Timberwolves... with a PG known for hitting clutch pull-ups.

Is it just me or is D. Russell the modern-day version of Sam Cassell in a lot of ways?

I had the same thought tonight. Just get to your spot make the shot. He played really well after a horrible 1st.
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

Kat a -14 tonight. Worst on the team.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Jester1534 wrote:Wildwolf I won't ever say anything bad about PG he's only reason why there even close in this 4th quarter

No harm no foul. If we ever see the Clippers again it'll be because there's an 7/8 Western Conference Finals.

As far as the Clippers go, they needed Kennard big time tonight. I thought Terrance Mann or even Coffey would chip in and make an impact but they didn't.

To me, the key was 49-39 we outrebounded them and KAT only had 5. That bodes well for this team considering rebounding is the clear advantage Memphis has over this team.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

WildWolf2813 wrote:Well, this is a results oriented business and this team gets a playoff series where they have a chance to look good even in defeat.

They surpassed any and every expectation we had. Incredible.

Its Ant and Pat Bev. Dlo was great tonight but those two are making us a real team. A unified, mostly homegrown, real team. There is not an iteration of a previous wolves team that survives an important game with our best player down.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Great Win and what a game! Towns was frustrating to watch and got to the point where I felt sorry for him knowing the media backlash he had coming after the game.

This is ant's team no doubt. I had a good feeling about his night when he scored 7 straight points to start the game for us.

Dlo was great and solid at both ends after a rocky start on offense. He took turns with ant in carrying us on offense throughout the game.

Pat bev is just a winner. His team makes the plyoffs every year of his career and he has always been a key rotation piece of his team. We lose without him tonight.

Onto memphis where I feel we have a chance of an upset.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

thedoper wrote:
WildWolf2813 wrote:Well, this is a results oriented business and this team gets a playoff series where they have a chance to look good even in defeat.

They surpassed any and every expectation we had. Incredible.

Its Ant and Pat Bev. Dlo was great tonight but those two are making us a real team. A unified, mostly homegrown, real team. There is not an iteration of a previous wolves team that survives an important game with our best player down.

Often, there are games that mean nothing. Other times, it at least SEEMS like games reveal something about a team.

I was really impressed with the Timberwolves earlier this season beating Philadelphia on the road in double OT in a heated game where Towns melted down vs. the officials and fouled out in the 4th quarter.

The rest of the team showed great resiliency. Were the two games just coincidences? Or, was something more telling happening?
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

thedoper wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:I said two years ago KAT's foul issues need to improve. The reason why we don't like his whining and bitching is he plays the victim. Not realizing he is actually at fault on the vast majority of these calls. The first solution to solving a problem is acknowledging the problem exists. Crying about calls isn't doing anything constructive, in fact it is doing the opposite.

Great to see Ant and DLO step up though. They both played well. Bev played strong D and it rubbed off on the rest of the team.

Great season to get into the 7th seed. Now lets see some more.

Yeah some reality has to set in. All 6 of those were fouls. Yes he gets mugged on the other end but if I was a ref I wouldnt give Towns shit.

The other thing I forgot to add was KAT needs to pass out of doubles quicker and better. I wonder if some play designs can be made to expose the double. There has to be ways to make teams pay for doubling. I know Vando can't stretch the floor but if we can somehow get him open at the rim or a read to the corner to the rim so it makes life easier when KAT is doubled.

Maybe more catches at the elbow area where passing lanes can open more? It's just another area which we've seen little to no improvement from KAT.
D-Mac [enjin:19736340]

Post by D-Mac [enjin:19736340] »

worldK wrote:Great Win and what a game! Towns was frustrating to watch and got to the point where I felt sorry for him knowing the media backlash he had coming after the game.

This is ant's team no doubt. I had a good feeling about his night when he scored 7 straight points to start the game for us.

Dlo was great and solid at both ends after a rocky start on offense. He took turns with ant in carrying us on offense throughout the game.

Pat bev is just a winner. His team makes the plyoffs every year of his career and he has always been a key rotation piece of his team. We lose without him tonight.

Onto memphis where I feel we have a chance of an upset.

Correct, I think this just officially became ants team tonight on the national stage. To the other poster, I for one am not a dlo hater anymore (never was a hater, just thought he was overpaid). He's deserved most of the criticism he's received, but when you show up like he did tonight, all is forgiven. The national criticism on kat isn't fair but He kind of asks for it by saying he's the mvp this year etc. you wouldn't see jokic embiid or Greek freak have that game he had tonight. He's had a great season but hopefully that performance wakes him up for Memphis... I think we have a legit chance
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

WolvesFan21 wrote:
thedoper wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:I said two years ago KAT's foul issues need to improve. The reason why we don't like his whining and bitching is he plays the victim. Not realizing he is actually at fault on the vast majority of these calls. The first solution to solving a problem is acknowledging the problem exists. Crying about calls isn't doing anything constructive, in fact it is doing the opposite.

Great to see Ant and DLO step up though. They both played well. Bev played strong D and it rubbed off on the rest of the team.

Great season to get into the 7th seed. Now lets see some more.

Yeah some reality has to set in. All 6 of those were fouls. Yes he gets mugged on the other end but if I was a ref I wouldnt give Towns shit.

The other thing I forgot to add was KAT needs to pass out of doubles quicker and better. I wonder if some play designs can be made to expose the double. There has to be ways to make teams pay for doubling. I know Vando can't stretch the floor but if we can somehow get him open at the rim or a read to the corner to the rim so it makes life easier when KAT is doubled.

Maybe more catches at the elbow area where passing lanes can open more? It's just another area which we've seen little to no improvement from KAT.

Well I think that is where Shaq and Barkley's criticism had a lot of merit. The angle and spot he is catching the ball at limits his passing options out of the double team. He needs some sets deeper in the paint to keep the passing options simple for him. But the reality is that hes not a great passer too.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

Fun game to watch. Man I thought Clippers would run away with it after we shat the bed late in the 3rd.

Game ball to Ants, DLO and PatBev. I thought Jaden played well off the bench on both ends of the court.

To win this game with KAT having a howler speaks volumes of how far this team has come under Finch. There's tenaciousness on defense and flow on offensive. Fun to watch.

PatBev on Ja is going to be a pleasure to watch. Let's go Wolves!