Wolves vs Clippers Play In GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
KiwiMatt

Re: Wolves vs Clippers Play In GDT

Post by KiwiMatt »

Fun game to watch. Man I thought Clippers would run away with it after we shat the bed late in the 3rd.

Game ball to Ants, DLO and PatBev. I thought Jaden played well off the bench on both ends of the court.

To win this game with KAT having a howler speaks volumes of how far this team has come under Finch. There's tenaciousness on defense and flow on offensive. Fun to watch.

PatBev on Ja is going to be a pleasure to watch. Let's go Wolves!
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

thedoper wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
thedoper wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:I said two years ago KAT's foul issues need to improve. The reason why we don't like his whining and bitching is he plays the victim. Not realizing he is actually at fault on the vast majority of these calls. The first solution to solving a problem is acknowledging the problem exists. Crying about calls isn't doing anything constructive, in fact it is doing the opposite.

Great to see Ant and DLO step up though. They both played well. Bev played strong D and it rubbed off on the rest of the team.

Great season to get into the 7th seed. Now lets see some more.

Yeah some reality has to set in. All 6 of those were fouls. Yes he gets mugged on the other end but if I was a ref I wouldnt give Towns shit.

The other thing I forgot to add was KAT needs to pass out of doubles quicker and better. I wonder if some play designs can be made to expose the double. There has to be ways to make teams pay for doubling. I know Vando can't stretch the floor but if we can somehow get him open at the rim or a read to the corner to the rim so it makes life easier when KAT is doubled.

Maybe more catches at the elbow area where passing lanes can open more? It's just another area which we've seen little to no improvement from KAT.

Well I think that is where Shaq and Barkley's criticism had a lot of merit. The angle and spot he is catching the ball at limits his passing options out of the double team. He needs some sets deeper in the paint to keep the passing options simple for him. But the reality is that hes not a great passer too.

I don't 100% love KAT in the post either, it's bad though when he is catching it in the corners and teams can trap him easily. I do 100% disagree with Barkley though about KAT shooting 3's. How do you open the lane for Ant and others to go to the rim? Not by having two bigs inside thats for sure. Man if Vando could shoot 3's we would be unstoppable on offense. Barkley and Shaq are clueless when it comes to modern NBA. They are stuck in the past.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

"D-Lo was the guy I was worried about coming into it. I knew he could score-- because he's aggressive. But D-Lo was the one that I was scared could take over the game, and he did that. So, I should have did a better job adjusting, probably blitz him a little more and get the ball out of his hands. He was pretty aggressive and he was able to carry them home."

This came from Clippers' head coach Ty Lue after tonight's game. I just wanted to add this quote to a passionate, exciting, and [at times] irrational game thread to show how one of the league's best basketball minds talks about D'Angelo Russell... Put some respect on his name.

D-Lo was tremendous and arguably the best player on the floor in the biggest game of the season for Minnesota. His 14 points in the second quarter and that stretch to end the first half was huge. He rode that momentum into the second half, including two massive threes with under 5:00 in the fourth quarter -- one pull-up three in transition and one step-back three that felt like a dagger. We know he's streaky, but he's far more good than not and he deserves a lot of credit for tonight's win and the team's overall success this year.

Anthony Edwards was tremendous as well. He was perhaps the only Wolves player that had it going in the first quarter. Loved that he was in attack mode and balanced his shot chart from the perimeter and in the paint. He also was a force defensively and continues to show massive improvement on that end. He has All-Defense potential and we're seeing glimpses of it every game now. We basically saw the D-Lo and Ant show tonight and they churned out a win when it seemed very unlikely. Superhuman effort from those two.

Ant will rightfully get a lot of the kudos for this win, and tonight will probably spark the conversation about the Wolves being his team now, but the entire game changed when D-Lo began his takeover, in my opinion. He just never got rushed or out of his rhythm. He appeared to have a real calming effect on the rest of his teammate as well. It's a weird leadership dynamic with him and Patrick Beverley, but it just works. One guy is mellow and steady and the other is ferocious and unruly. Hopefully D-Lo keeps this momentum into the upcoming playoff series. Historically, he's killed Memphis -- including the games against them this year.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Camden wrote:
"D-Lo was the guy I was worried about coming into it. I knew he could score-- because he's aggressive. But D-Lo was the one that I was scared could take over the game, and he did that. So, I should have did a better job adjusting, probably blitz him a little more and get the ball out of his hands. He was pretty aggressive and he was able to carry them home."

This came from Clippers' head coach Ty Lue after tonight's game. I just wanted to add this quote to a passionate, exciting, and [at times] irrational game thread to show how one of the league's best basketball minds talks about D'Angelo Russell... Put some respect on his name.

D-Lo was tremendous and arguably the best player on the floor in the biggest game of the season for Minnesota. His 14 points in the second quarter and that stretch to end the first half was huge. He rode that momentum into the second half, including two massive threes with under 5:00 in the fourth quarter -- one pull-up three in transition and one step-back three that felt like a dagger. We know he's streaky, but he's far more good than not and he deserves a lot of credit for tonight's win and the team's overall success this year.

Anthony Edwards was tremendous as well. He was perhaps the only Wolves player that had it going in the first quarter. Loved that he was in attack mode and balanced his shot chart from the perimeter and in the paint. He also was a force defensively and continues to show massive improvement on that end. He has All-Defense potential and we're seeing glimpses of it every game now. We basically saw the D-Lo and Ant show tonight and they churned out a win when it seemed very unlikely. Superhuman effort from those two.

Ant will rightfully get a lot of the kudos for this win, and tonight will probably spark the conversation about the Wolves being his team now, but the entire game changed when D-Lo began his takeover, in my opinion. He just never got rushed or out of his rhythm. He appeared to have a real calming effect on the rest of his teammate as well. It's a weird leadership dynamic with him and Patrick Beverley, but it just works. One guy is mellow and steady and the other is ferocious and unruly. Hopefully D-Lo keeps this momentum into the upcoming playoff series. Historically, he's killed Memphis -- including the games against them this year.

Welcome back Cam! Let's fucking go!!
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Camden wrote:

I've been trying to figure out why DLO had and is having a career year in terms of team and individual success (in certain metrics). I am exactly in agreement with you. He's a leader and a calming effect, he organizes the offense well, passes well. Even if individually his stats are not the best in terms of shooting percentages and rebounds or steals. He is doing other things which are not as easy to measure.

He's the mature leader as well to KAT's immature one.

I only rip KAT because I want to see him get to the next level. He deserved an All Star placement, but he should be doing other things by now in year whatever 6? 7? He does some things incredibly elite, yet still has foul issues and poor technique which causes them. Just maybe this is a wake up call he needs.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

Now we just need the jazz to lose so we can flip towns for gobert, then our dynasty will begin
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

WolvesFan21 wrote:
Camden wrote:

I've been trying to figure out why DLO had and is having a career year in terms of team and individual success (in certain metrics). I am exactly in agreement with you. He's a leader and a calming effect, he organizes the offense well, passes well. Even if individually his stats are not the best in terms of shooting percentages and rebounds or steals. He is doing other things which are not as easy to measure.

I only rip KAT because I want to see him get to the next level. He deserved an All Star placement, but he should be doing other things by now in year whatever 6? 7? He does some things incredibly elite, yet still has foul issues and poor technique which causes them. Just maybe this is a wake up call he needs.

That's a great assessment, WolvesFan. KAT is a better and more talented player than DLO. But as you noted, DLO is as mature as KAT is immature. DLO has a high basketball IQ, KAT doesn't. And DLO is mentally thought while KAT isn't. I don't think KAT is dumb. But I do think he's seriously lacking in mental toughness. He needs to get out of his own head. Maybe he'll eventually do that; maybe not. Something tells me that KAT's performance tonight might finally get through to him that he absolutely has to grow up and toughen up. I think he'll have a monster series against the Grizzlies.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

lipoli390 wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
Camden wrote:

That's a great assessment, WolvesFan. KAT is a better and more talented player than DLO. But as you noted, DLO is as mature as KAT is immature. DLO has a high basketball IQ, KAT doesn't. And DLO is mentally thought while KAT isn't. I don't think KAT is dumb. But I do think he's seriously lacking in mental toughness. He needs to get out of his own head. Maybe he'll eventually do that; maybe not. Something tells me that KAT's performance tonight might finally get through to him that he absolutely has to grow up and toughen up. I think he'll have a monster series against the Grizzlies.

And for once it feels like outside of NBA players who don't like KAT anyway, everyone WANTS KAT to play well because they know how hard the last 2 years have been for him. If he can get it together, win or lose, he'll do what he tries too hard to do: make everyone happy.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

WolvesFan21 wrote:
thedoper wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
thedoper wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:I said two years ago KAT's foul issues need to improve. The reason why we don't like his whining and bitching is he plays the victim. Not realizing he is actually at fault on the vast majority of these calls. The first solution to solving a problem is acknowledging the problem exists. Crying about calls isn't doing anything constructive, in fact it is doing the opposite.

Great to see Ant and DLO step up though. They both played well. Bev played strong D and it rubbed off on the rest of the team.

Great season to get into the 7th seed. Now lets see some more.

Yeah some reality has to set in. All 6 of those were fouls. Yes he gets mugged on the other end but if I was a ref I wouldnt give Towns shit.

The other thing I forgot to add was KAT needs to pass out of doubles quicker and better. I wonder if some play designs can be made to expose the double. There has to be ways to make teams pay for doubling. I know Vando can't stretch the floor but if we can somehow get him open at the rim or a read to the corner to the rim so it makes life easier when KAT is doubled.

Maybe more catches at the elbow area where passing lanes can open more? It's just another area which we've seen little to no improvement from KAT.

Well I think that is where Shaq and Barkley's criticism had a lot of merit. The angle and spot he is catching the ball at limits his passing options out of the double team. He needs some sets deeper in the paint to keep the passing options simple for him. But the reality is that hes not a great passer too.

I don't 100% love KAT in the post either, it's bad though when he is catching it in the corners and teams can trap him easily. I do 100% disagree with Barkley though about KAT shooting 3's. How do you open the lane for Ant and others to go to the rim? Not by having two bigs inside thats for sure. Man if Vando could shoot 3's we would be unstoppable on offense. Barkley and Shaq are clueless when it comes to modern NBA. They are stuck in the past.

All Vando should do this off season is practice shooting 3s. That would take his game and this teams to the next level. His inability to stretch the floor is the reason why KAT is guarded by smaller opposition forwards.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

lipoli390 wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
Camden wrote:

I liked that the team won while he had to sit there and watch. At some point he needs to take ownership of his mistakes. Blaming the refs constantly isn't the answer. Sure he does get hacked a bit and it's not called, but the refs simply don't like his bitching so they swallow the whistle a bit more too. It is baffling how he can question some of these foul calls though.