Timberwolves Roster

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Crazysauce

Re: Timberwolves Roster

Post by Crazysauce »

Looks like we also got some guy named mathias lessort. The trade of 25 and 33 I guess we got 23 a second in 2023 and this guy. Anyone have the dirt on him?
mrhockey89

Post by mrhockey89 »

I'm just going to throw this out there, but what do people think about Willie Cauley-Stein as a FA? He's opting out and will likely come pretty cheap. He's played with KAT in college and has some of the qualities we might like in a scenario where we need to go with a bigger lineup, as he can guard multiple positions and has the length defensively.
Monster

Post by Monster »

crazysauce wrote:Looks like we also got some guy named mathias lessort. The trade of 25 and 33 I guess we got 23 a second in 2023 and this guy. Anyone have the dirt on him?

I like getting a future 2nd that makes trading up a little big better. Had to say if Lessort is anything more than just a guy to make the trade work or whatever. He looks to be off to a more productive start this season.
worldK

Post by worldK »

JaMychal Green is now available and so is bobby portis. Both fit the rosas system and could be had for mle or below. I would definitely be interested in Cauley-Stein.
Monster

Post by Monster »

The Wolves currently have 2 players over the age of 25 on the roster. Jake Layman who turned 26 in March and Rubio who turned 30 in October. It's a really young roster.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Camden wrote:
Q12543 wrote:I'm going to pick up on that Doogie chatter and say I would be all over some sort of trade for PJ Tucker to help balance our roster. He's getting up there in age, but he'd be almost an equivalent front-court counterpart to Rubio. He'd be a steadying vet presence that can defend, switch, get physical with some guys, and hopefully have some influence on KAT's overall disposition (which is still way too immature IMO).

I can't agree with you here, Q. And I didn't agree with Darren Wolfson on Twitter either. While P.J. Tucker certainly helps this team in certain areas, I see zero logical reason to use assets on a soon-to-be 36-year old mediocre role player who has one year left on his deal. It just doesn't make any sense from my point of view. The Wolves would be better suited to pursue an option that could contribute a lot more and for much longer.

The thought of acquiring Tucker gives me awful flashbacks of Flip Saunders wasting an asset in 26-year old Thaddeus Young for a whopping five regular season games of 38-year old Kevin Garnett who was set to be a free agent after that season. While Young wasn't anything special he certainly had more value than that, and of course he was moved a year later by the Brooklyn Nets for a first-round pick that ended up being Caris LeVert.

I guess the question is what are the assets required to obtain him. I suppose some contending team would probably be willing to offer more either way.

But assuming we could land him at a reasonable price, I see him as a vet placeholder for a year. We aren't going to solve all of our long-term positional needs in one offseason.

Like you, I certainly don't see Juancho as the long-term solution. Unlike you, I see Vandy as a potential long-term solution and I think he's earned the right to get some steady minutes this year. PJ would give us a legit starting 4 and mature lockerroom presence while we audition Vandy for the long-term spot.

Plus he'd offer some toughness next to a soft and immature KAT while not taking shots or rebounds from him.

worldK wrote:JaMychal Green is now available and so is bobby portis. Both fit the rosas system and could be had for mle or below. I would definitely be interested in Cauley-Stein.

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is another one.

The reality is that the market for role-playing 4s isn't super expensive at the moment. We should be able to find a quality vet to put next to KAT for 25 MPG or so, whether its through a minor trade or using the MLE.

Tucker, Bjelica, RHJ, Portis, J. Green, Favors, Crowder....
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Q12543 wrote:
worldK wrote:JaMychal Green is now available and so is bobby portis. Both fit the rosas system and could be had for mle or below. I would definitely be interested in Cauley-Stein.

The reality is that the market for role-playing 4s isn't super expensive at the moment. We should be able to find a quality vet to put next to KAT for 25 MPG or so, whether its through a minor trade or using the MLE.

Maybe Rosas had this in mind?

BizarroJerry wrote:
Q12543 wrote:

Maybe Rosas had this in mind?

I'd like to think so because right now he has a hell of a lot of guards and the draft-night moves he made (+ Edwards and Rubio and - Johnson) only further created an imbalance. But he may have had a certain set of priorities to achieve draft night that had nothing to do with roster balance figuring that he would address it during the trade/free agent period.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

monsterpile wrote:The Wolves currently have 2 players over the age of 25 on the roster. Jake Layman who turned 26 in March and Rubio who turned 30 in October. It's a really young roster.

We finally have everybody on the right timeline!

Championships here we come!!!