Wolves vs. Grizz (Game 1), GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
TheFuture

Re: Wolves vs. Grizz (Game 1), GDT

Post by TheFuture »

Drunken Dribbler 22 wrote:Edwards looked terrible. Not like he's adjusting to competition, because he looked the same in college. Not a defender, not a shooter, not a penetrator on offense. Yeah, I'm sure he'll get better, but when a guy has got it, you can tell right away and he doesn't need excuses made for him. And Dlo as a max player? You better be harden on offense if you're that bad on defense. This team depresses me. I already liked culver a lot, and adding all that muscle will only help him. Knowing this organization, we'll probably trade him next week for Jaunchos brother (7 mil... are you freaking kidding me?)... anyone who's optimistic about this team is on some better drugs than me.

There was zero reason for this team to take Edwards as currently set. But they did.
D-Mac [enjin:19736340]

Post by D-Mac [enjin:19736340] »

We all want to believe that rosas had lots of good reasons for taking edwards, but I bet in the back of our minds, a lot of us think it might have just been as simple as edwards taking the midrange shots out of his Minnesota workout...
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

The important thing here is that we all make bombastic comments and discount the whole season after one preseason game.

Lol, ok... my bad, thought I was on a twolves board where people make comments.

Also, you really think I'm basing all of my thoughts on one game? Cmon guy.

Btw... I've read this site for ever and you're the only poster that I would say is just terrible... everyone else is pretty good... you, not so much. You should probably quit lol
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

It's preseason exhibition. So I won't get into much of the details... other than a couple of points...

- It's interesting how you can spot some guys instantly simply by how they're moving. Nowell came out with energy. He was moving with purpose. Maybe a sort of confidence? Even if he wasn't hitting shots, his level of play was noticeable.

- Hey Q... maybe Jeff Adrien can come back for you? It looked like Vanderbilt had never been on a basketball court before. Jumping at the wrong time, running around aimlessly, just... well... looking lost.

[Note: And sometimes in the NBA... it just comes down to luck. Morant was a distant 2nd in the 2019 draft. And... damn... he's so very good. He plays with purpose/energy/conviction/"it"... it's palpable.]

So rosas thinks that Vanderbilt is ok as the 4 in his system, but wiseman just didn't fit... blows my mind
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

Well in that case....

Im concerned about a lot going on

Kat I worry his shot being off is going to be something we are going to see a lot of this year. When the guys were practicing he was out gallivanting around. Hes also a mess with losing his mother. I worry his heart isnt in it. Also I saw some defensive possessions that concerned me.

Dlo the matador on defense. I know its preseason but damn it, your a max player you need to play
some defense damnit.

As for Edwards, color me very unimpressed. Way too many excuses already being made. Hasnt played a game for a while and knocking the rust off .... yeah yeah yeah. He looked like he was in over his head tonight. We are going to regret not taking Wiseman. Even worst is we wont have our pick next year, instead the team we gave Wiseman we are about to give another stud. My win prediction was way too high.

Juancho, what the hell were we thinking givibg him 7 million?

Bombastic enough Jerry.

Ok its preseason. I will wait a bit. But things definitely dont look good. McDaniels actually looked like he had some talent and defensive chops. Beasley played well. Have a bad feeling about the season as I feel I have watched this story way too mang times before. I reallt hope I am wrong.
Monster

Post by Monster »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:It's preseason exhibition. So I won't get into much of the details... other than a couple of points...

- It's interesting how you can spot some guys instantly simply by how they're moving. Nowell came out with energy. He was moving with purpose. Maybe a sort of confidence? Even if he wasn't hitting shots, his level of play was noticeable.

- Hey Q... maybe Jeff Adrien can come back for you? It looked like Vanderbilt had never been on a basketball court before. Jumping at the wrong time, running around aimlessly, just... well... looking lost.

[Note: And sometimes in the NBA... it just comes down to luck. Morant was a distant 2nd in the 2019 draft. And... damn... he's so very good. He plays with purpose/energy/conviction/"it"... it's palpable.]

FWIW I was someone that had Ja right there with Zion.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

monsterpile wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:It's preseason exhibition. So I won't get into much of the details... other than a couple of points...

FWIW I was someone that had Ja right there with Zion.

When he won that tourney game against Marquette with 16 assists because they weren't going to let him beat them by scoring (he still scored 17 points on 9 shots) that sealed the deal for me on Ja as a guy just as good as Zion.