- Rubio on, Mitchell on: +8.9 points per 100 possessions | 93rd percentile

- Rubio off, Mitchell on: +4.2 points per 100 possessions | 79th percentile

Utah 2018-19:

- Rubio on, Mitchell on: +8.2 points per 100 possessions | 92nd percentile

- Rubio off, Mitchell on: +6.0 points per 100 possessions | 86th percentile

Phoenix 2019-20:

- Rubio on, Booker on: +6.3 points per 100 possessions | 86th percentile

- Rubio off, Booker on: -6.3 points per 100 possessions | 21st percentile

Ricky is only 30, he is going to morph into what jason kidd did the 2nd half of his career

Possibly. And he won't be asked to come in during a close game to hit 3s to finish so his role here might be better than before. Still don't love the move but I can see the appeal by Rosas.
Lipoli390

Re: Timberwolves Roster

Post by Lipoli390 »

With Beasley and one more free agent at the full MLE of $9.6M, the Wolves roster will be full at 15. By my calculation the total payroll will be $132.43M. That's barely below the luxury tax threshold of $132.62M. So barring a trade, then Wolves can't sign anyone else, including H-Gomez or JMac without exceeding the luxury tax threshold and becoming a repeat offender.

The Wolves are in a pickle and every other team knows it. So I would guess that to clear any additional salary space for JMac or H-Gomez, they'll have to move Spellman, Layman and/or Evans. And to do that, they'll probably have to attach at least a future 2nd round pick. Note that they don't have a first or second round pick next season because they dealt both picks to the Warriors for DLO. It would be really horrible if they trade Okogie or Culver simply to clear cap space. I'm just now sure what Rosas and his guys are doing.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

lipoli390 wrote:With Beasley and one more free agent at the full MLE of $9.6M, the Wolves roster will be full at 15. By my calculation the total payroll will be $132.43M. That's barely below the luxury tax threshold of $132.62M. So barring a trade, then Wolves can't sign anyone else, including H-Gomez or JMac without exceeding the luxury tax threshold and becoming a repeat offender.

The Wolves are in a pickle and every other team knows it. So I would guess that to clear any additional salary space for JMac or H-Gomez, they'll have to move Spellman, Layman and/or Evans. And to do that, they'll probably have to attach at least a future 2nd round pick. Note that they don't have a first or second round pick next season because they dealt both picks to the Warriors for DLO. It would be really horrible if they trade Okogie or Culver simply to clear cap space. I'm just not sure what Rosas and his guys are doing.

That's okay, Lip. Neither does he!
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Camden wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:With Beasley and one more free agent at the full MLE of $9.6M, the Wolves roster will be full at 15. By my calculation the total payroll will be $132.43M. That's barely below the luxury tax threshold of $132.62M. So barring a trade, then Wolves can't sign anyone else, including H-Gomez or JMac without exceeding the luxury tax threshold and becoming a repeat offender.

The Wolves are in a pickle and every other team knows it. So I would guess that to clear any additional salary space for JMac or H-Gomez, they'll have to move Spellman, Layman and/or Evans. And to do that, they'll probably have to attach at least a future 2nd round pick. Note that they don't have a first or second round pick next season because they dealt both picks to the Warriors for DLO. It would be really horrible if they trade Okogie or Culver simply to clear cap space. I'm just not sure what Rosas and his guys are doing.

Lo
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:
Camden wrote:

Lo

I still think Spellman has positive value so they could save some money to...apparently sign Juancho to probably a lot more money than I would pay him and I'm like pretty much his biggest fan on this board...which isn't saying a whole lot. Lol
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

monsterpile wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:
Camden wrote:

Lo

I still think Spellman has positive value so they could save some money to...apparently sign Juancho to probably a lot more money than I would pay him and I'm like pretty much his biggest fan on this board...which isn't saying a whole lot. Lol

Lol. Yes you are. :) Seriously, I agree that Spellman has positive value. If it were up to me, I'd keep Spellman and would not seek to re-sign Juancho.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

What the hell happened??? I woke up and thought I was hung over, then realized that Rosas must have been drunk during draft night. Now I am thinking he should be drug tested!

It looks like my 5 year old nephew put this team together. Why have we drafted 3 straight SG's when we need bigs?

Do we have interest in defense or have they switched to make it / take it this season.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

sjm34 wrote:What the hell happened??? I woke up and thought I was hung over, then realized that Rosas must have been drunk during draft night. Now I am thinking he should be drug tested!

It looks like my 5 year old nephew put this team together. Why have we drafted 3 straight SG's when we need bigs?

Do we have interest in defense or have they switched to make it / take it this season.

I don't know your 5 year old nephew, but i suspect he would have done a much better job than Rosas.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

sjm34 wrote:What the hell happened??? I woke up and thought I was hung over, then realized that Rosas must have been drunk during draft night. Now I am thinking he should be drug tested!

This franchise answered that question a long time ago. They've given up on the team being anything worth a damn on defense. It went from hoping they can have a top half defensive team to hoping their NET rating is high.

They've also told the fanbase a while ago that they don't necessarily want another big. It's one guy at point, 3 wings and a big. They haven't hid their intentions with the roster. I think it's a bad idea but this is what Rosas and co. have planned from the beginning. Everything banks on whether this team can be the offensive force Rosas thinks they'll be. If not, they'll give up 140+ points in every loss. Face it guys. You're rooting for Rockets North.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

WildWolf2813 wrote:

This franchise answered that question a long time ago. They've given up on the team being anything worth a damn on defense. It went from hoping they can have a top half defensive team to hoping their NET rating is high.

They've also told the fanbase a while ago that they don't necessarily want another big. It's one guy at point, 3 wings and a big. They haven't hid their intentions with the roster. I think it's a bad idea but this is what Rosas and co. have planned from the beginning. Everything banks on whether this team can be the offensive force Rosas thinks they'll be. If not, they'll give up 140+ points in every loss. Face it guys. You're rooting for Rockets North.

Yup, and one that doesn't have a top 5 player.