The Disappearing Wolves Chat

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
mrhockey89

The Disappearing Wolves Chat

Post by mrhockey89 »

Ever since everyone moved to Enjin, I had always went to Google -> Timberwolves Enjin -> 1st link was this board. A couple/few months ago it stopped showing on any of the searches and I had wondered if they took it down. It finally came back a couple weeks ago, then disappeared again. I just re-found the board via a Utah Jazz board link where they were giggling at some of the posts from a Wolves/Jazz game where the Pups were getting dominated back in 2017.

That leaves me to wonder...does everyone here just save the page as a favorite, or how do you all find the board these days?
kekgeek

Re: The Disappearing Wolves Chat

Post by kekgeek »

mrhockey89 wrote:Ever since everyone moved to Enjin, I had always went to Google -> Timberwolves Enjin -> 1st link was this board. A couple/few months ago it stopped showing on any of the searches and I had wondered if they took it down. It finally came back a couple weeks ago, then disappeared again. I just re-found the board via a Utah Jazz board link where they were giggling at some of the posts from a Wolves/Jazz game where the Pups were getting dominated back in 2017.

That leaves me to wonder...does everyone here just save the page as a favorite, or how do you all find the board these days?

I have it under my favorites
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I have the board bookmarked from when we first started congregating here, but for the most part I keep the page opened on my phone or computer so I don't run into issues looking for it. I've also unintentionally memorized the URL over the years. Keep in mind that the board's 10-year anniversary is coming up soon!
mrhockey89

Post by mrhockey89 »

Thanks, I figured everyone must have it saved except for myself. And here I was going to buy everyone on here a Porsche for Christmas, but I returned them since I couldn't find it. And since it's too late now, you'll get my occasional presence again as a major consolation :)
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Bookmarked, though if I try to find it through my phone, it's harder and I have to specifically search for this site.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Mmmm, wonder if there is a way to change that so that it reliably shows up in searches.....not because I think we're suddenly going to get a flood of new participants, but mostly for those folks that haven't been to the forum in a while like Hockey.
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

Bookmark!

The question about visibility is interesting though. I mean, I how does anybody who didn't migrate here from the old ESPN board find it? I imagine they are fans of other Minnesota sports who found this site in another way maybe? I see they've got other Minnesota forums in a tab at the top.

I kind of wish it were a more national thing like the old ESPN boards, because there must be some other die-hard Wolves fans out there outside of Minnesota (well, two or three) and they'd be more likely to find us on a national platform.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

After seeing this thread last night I tried to search for this board on Google and like mrhockey alluded to I had difficulty finding it that way. The best I could do was find a Reddit thread from 2017 where fans were sharing their favorite Wolves forums and there was some love for us here on Enjin, which included the URL.

Once again, this would ideally be a topic where the admin could hop in and discuss, but we haven't seen JD in many years. Does anyone know if there's a way to request admin privileges from Enjin directly? I know an admin can give other users admin rights, but that doesn't appear to be an option.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Camden0916 wrote:After seeing this thread last night I tried to search for this board on Google and like mrhockey alluded to I had difficulty finding it that way. The best I could do was find a Reddit thread from 2017 where fans were sharing their favorite Wolves forums and there was some love for us here on Enjin, which included the URL.

Once again, this would ideally be a topic where the admin could hop in and discuss, but we haven't seen JD in many years. Does anyone know if there's a way to request admin privileges from Enjin directly? I know an admin can give other users admin rights, but that doesn't appear to be an option.

I sent them a note a year ago about admin privileges and didnt get a response.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

I did the same on duckduckgo and it's the third option. If you add forum to the search on Google it also works.

But why in the hell would anybody search for a site like that rather than bookmark it? Most browsers autofill from your bookmarks and browsing history too. C'mon Hockey, never go full Khan! ;)