Okogie @ PF .... Next 5 Games?

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
maelstrom11 [enjin:6599701]

Okogie @ PF .... Next 5 Games?

Post by maelstrom11 [enjin:6599701] »

Looking ahead on the next 5 games to see if Ryan can realistically start and play JO at the 4 like he did for the Piston game.....here's the possible starting matchups for discussion.

Jazz
DLO - Conley
Beasley - Mitchell
KAT - Rudy G
Layman - Royce ONeal
JO - Bogdanovic

Looks like it would work OK for this game. If Beasley and JO can half-way contain Mitchell and Bogdanovic we should be in this game at least to start. Naz can handle Favors when he comes in. Another possibility at the start is JO takes Mitchell, Beasley takes ONeal, and Layman takes Bogdanovic. Either way matchups aren't too bad with JO/Layman as forwards.

Lakers
DLO - Schroeder
Beasley - KCP
KAT - A Davis
Layman - Gasol
JO - Lebron

Ryan will have to adjust something for this game or we're going to get DESTROYed. Even if he does make adjustments it'll be tough if the Lakers have any desire to play hard. I'd adjust in this game and start Towns(Davis), Naz(Gasol), Okogie(Lebron), Beasley(KCP) and DLO(Schroeder.) Knowing Ryan he wont change anything and play small ball from the start. Good Luck!

Clippers
DLO - Beverley
Beasley - Batum
KAT - Serge
Layman - George
JO - Kawhi

Tough matchups but going with JO/Layman is just as good as going JO/Juancho against these forwards. The Beasley vs Batum matchup might be a problem but if Beasley picks up fouls early a quick switch to Edwards would be fine. KAT should be able to do what he wants in this one as ALPHA big on the court. Layman vs George is an issue but I like him better on George than Kawhi.

Wizards
DLO - Westbrook
Beasley - Beal
KAT - Bryant
Layman - Bongo
JO - Avdija

Not sure I like these matchups at all? Kind of strange. Westbrook will eat DLO up. KAT should dominate this game. Beasley and Beal play each other tough. Layman/JO vs Bongo/Avdija...thats some no name basketball.... Can JO switch over to slow Westbrook? Maybe this is a game we start Rubio and DLO? Maybe we just try to outscore them.... no clue how this goes. Wizards looked solid against 76ers.

Nuggets
DLO - Harris
Beasley - Murray
KAT - Joker
Layman - Porter Jr
JO - Millisap

Not a good matchup on the board for us here. JO at the 4 just might work against Millsap but Layman against Porter Jr is trouble.

I see a Denver advantage at every spot. Not much we can do I guess other than try to hold our own for the starters and hope the bench out plays Denver's bench. I guess it could happen...Sacramento just beat these guys so why cant we.
Monster

Re: Okogie @ PF .... Next 5 Games?

Post by Monster »

1 of those 5 teams are playing true big sized bigs. IF...it's Layman and Okogie in the front court I think we will see them be interchangeable in certain matchups like the Jazz who basically play 2 wings at the forward positions.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

I do not mean to derail, but I have to. Who the fuck is Bongo??
Monster

Post by Monster »

TheFuture wrote:I do not mean to derail, but I have to. Who the fuck is Bongo??

Isaac Bonga he is another one of the Lakers castoffs that the Wizards acquired. Thomas Bryant has been the most successful of the bunch. Bonga somehow just turned 21.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

monsterpile wrote:
TheFuture wrote:I do not mean to derail, but I have to. Who the fuck is Bongo??

Isaac Bonga he is another one of the Lakers castoffs that the Wizards acquired. Thomas Bryant has been the most successful of the bunch. Bonga somehow just turned 21.

Are we talking American years or Dominican years? I am apprehensive due to baseball.

So you guys agree that JO can work at the 4 in all these games except against the Lakers?? Should be interesting to watch how it works out....Anything better than 1-5 or 2-4 after 6 is a big success in my book.

Teams that play true BIGS......very limited in the west. Only 3 or 4 teams that play truly big right now:

1. Lakers - Gasol/Davis/Lebron
2. Denver - Joker/Millsap
3. Pelicans - Adams/Zion
4. Mavericks - Powell/Porzingis (when healthy)
D-Mac [enjin:19736340]

Post by D-Mac [enjin:19736340] »

Precious achuiwa (20th pick) would look pretty good on this roster right now... of course he doesn't fit the system

D-Mac wrote:Precious achuiwa (20th pick) would look pretty good on this roster right now... of course he doesn't fit the system

Has a lot of upside...announcers said the Heat brass think he might reach BAM heights...
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

maelstrom11 wrote:
D-Mac wrote:Precious achuiwa (20th pick) would look pretty good on this roster right now... of course he doesn't fit the system

Has a lot of upside...announcers said the Heat brass think he might reach BAM heights...

That's the cost of Ricky Rubio.