Beasley gets paid by the Wolves

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
TheFuture

Re: Beasley gets paid by the Wolves

Post by TheFuture »

KG4Ever wrote:
Camden wrote:
KG4Ever wrote:
Camden wrote:They must think they can use his grossly overpriced contract to make a splash at the trade deadline. Otherwise... oof. Big mistake.

If Beasley behaves himself (I know a big if), this contract is pretty decent. I think the most overpriced contract belongs to DLO unless he vastly improves his on court impact.

I'm beginning to wonder if D-Lo bullied you or someone you know. The loathing is approaching irrational at this point.

And I disagree about Beasley. Even without the legal woes he wasn't worth that deal.

I wonder if you get off to DLO, as your love for DLO has gotten irrational. I don't hate DLO the person, just think you constantly overhype him and the Wolves would have been better off without trading for him.

D'Lo is a good player. We haven't had a scoring guard for awhile, and we need one with Towns. Especially one who is not afraid of taking the clutch shot. Haven't had that since Cassell. The only thing bad about that trade was the light protections.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

I'm clearly not as big a fan of Okogie and Culver as most seem to be. I really don't see much of a market for either. Rosas is a cartoon character. Golden State is watching him operate and celebrating on a daily basis. They have probably offered to pay his salary going forward so Glen will keep him. This whole thing is sad.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

Typical Wolves, buy high sell low. If their roster management was a business model they'd be bankrupt.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Camden wrote:
KG4Ever wrote:
Camden wrote:
KG4Ever wrote:
Camden wrote:They must think they can use his grossly overpriced contract to make a splash at the trade deadline. Otherwise... oof. Big mistake.

If Beasley behaves himself (I know a big if), this contract is pretty decent. I think the most overpriced contract belongs to DLO unless he vastly improves his on court impact.

I'm beginning to wonder if D-Lo bullied you or someone you know. The loathing is approaching irrational at this point.

And I disagree about Beasley. Even without the legal woes he wasn't worth that deal.

I wonder if you get off to DLO, as your love for DLO has gotten irrational. I don't hate DLO the person, just think you constantly overhype him and the Wolves would have been better off without trading for him.

At this point, I think it's fair to wonder if you might be his biggest fan considering how often you bring him up unprovoked. The reality is that All-Star players, All-Star caliber players, and those with perceived All-Star potential usually get a max contract or something in the ball park of that.

D'Angelo Russell fits that category. Malik Beasley doesn't.

You never engage in any serious discussion about DLO. Your response always comes across as, shut up, DLO is an All-Star. He may have once made an All-Star team as a late addition courtesy of Adam Silver, but he has lots of warts, and you refuse to acknowledge them. DLO is an empty stats guy until proven otherwise and paying him the max and giving away all our 2021 draft picks, in what is supposed to a loaded draft, to acquire him may go down as one of the worst trades the Wolves have ever made.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

KG4Ever wrote:
Camden wrote:
KG4Ever wrote:
Camden wrote:
KG4Ever wrote:

At this point, I think it's fair to wonder if you might be his biggest fan considering how often you bring him up unprovoked. The reality is that All-Star players, All-Star caliber players, and those with perceived All-Star potential usually get a max contract or something in the ball park of that.

D'Angelo Russell fits that category. Malik Beasley doesn't.

You never engage in any serious discussion about DLO. Your response always comes across as, shut up, DLO is an All-Star. He may have once made an All-Star team as a late addition courtesy of Adam Silver, but he has lots of warts, and you refuse to acknowledge them. DLO is an empty stats guy until proven otherwise and paying him the max and giving away all our 2021 draft picks, in what is supposed to a loaded draft, to acquire him may go down as one of the worst trades the Wolves have ever made.

He literally made the playoffs. You can't be an empty stats guys leading a fucking team to the playoffs.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

I know I haven't been following everything that has been going on this year. But we always complained about how this team doesn't accumulate talent. And here we are accumulating talent at the positions that really matter in the league these days. And most of us complain?

I'm with WW, this deal is just fine from a basketball standpoint. I am sure the Wolves are privy to the legal issues, and I believe most contracts have language in regards to legal issues a player might have.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

From Dane Moore the Knicks where about to offer Beasley a big deal with shitty contract stipulations

kekgeek1 wrote:From Dane Moore the Knicks where about to offer Beasley a big deal with shitty contract stipulations

Should have let him walk then.

60WinTim wrote:I know I haven't been following everything that has been going on this year. But we always complained about how this team doesn't accumulate talent. And here we are accumulating talent at the positions that really matter in the league these days. And most of us complain?

I'm with WW, this deal is just fine from a basketball standpoint. I am sure the Wolves are privy to the legal issues, and I believe most contracts have language in regards to legal issues a player might have.

3 of the final 4 teams were lead by wings and bigs, not guards. What great teams out there are trying to balance a rotation of 6 guards? There has to be room for the talent to grow and develop and right now we have 3 vets that need playing time because of their contracts and 3 young players that need playing time to develop further.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

60WinTim wrote:I know I haven't been following everything that has been going on this year. But we always complained about how this team doesn't accumulate talent. And here we are accumulating talent at the positions that really matter in the league these days. And most of us complain?

Except you have a team trying to sell, so they are very likely not going over the max. Have no PFs signed to the roster, and just likely cut out the MLE. Not to mention Mclaughlin and Jauncho still FAs. Both of which could have or should garner assets.

I dont get it. What are we going to do, play a starting 1-4 of players all 6'6 or under next to KAT? When 3 of them cannot shoot.