Beasley gets paid by the Wolves

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Beasley gets paid by the Wolves

Post by Monster »

Did see this thread and posted in the FA thread. WTF I can't believe he got that much especially after everything. I'm out on the Wolves.

So...like what team should I cheer for now? Screw it I'm gonna just start volunteering more somewhere. Cool do you wanna start a support group for recovering Wolves fans?
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Im surprised at the negativity. The extra year at 15 per seems pretty good for a shooter. Hes going to get some nice clean looks with Ricky. We do need size but the MLE plus another trade should get us there.
Monster

Post by Monster »

thedoper wrote:Im surprised at the negativity. The extra year at 15 per seems pretty good for a shooter. Hes going to get some nice clean looks with Ricky. We do need size but the MLE plus another trade should get us there.

If he didn't have the legal issues I'd be ok with it to some extent especially the way some guys have been getting paid but this is ridiculous. It felt like we bid against nobody.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

monsterpile wrote:
thedoper wrote:Im surprised at the negativity. The extra year at 15 per seems pretty good for a shooter. Hes going to get some nice clean looks with Ricky. We do need size but the MLE plus another trade should get us there.

If he didn't have the legal issues I'd be ok with it to some extent especially the way some guys have been getting paid but this is ridiculous. It felt like we bid against nobody.

C'mon you know you can't leave us. Cam tried and he came right back. LST seems to be gone for good. Maybe he's working for the team. TeamRicky will come back soon...
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

monsterpile wrote:Did see this thread and posted in the FA thread. WTF I can't believe he got that much especially after everything. I'm out on the Wolves.

So...like what team should I cheer for now? Screw it I'm gonna just start volunteering more somewhere. Cool do you wanna start a support group for recovering Wolves fans?

I'm going to recommend Notre Dame football. I'm having a lot of fun with them this year.

Let's call our support group KAT:

K nights
A rguing
T Wolves
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

monsterpile wrote:

He was probably due for 18 in the market. With the rates of current contracts he may have even gotten 20.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Monster -- what were you expecting he would get?

Assuming the 4-year deal is structured with 8% raises, his starting salary would be 13.4 mil. And since the last year is a team option, we have only committed to 43.4 mil of the 60 mil.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

khans2k5 wrote:
KG4Ever wrote:
Camden wrote:
KG4Ever wrote:
Camden wrote:
KG4Ever wrote:
Camden wrote:They must think they can use his grossly overpriced contract to make a splash at the trade deadline. Otherwise... oof. Big mistake.

If Beasley behaves himself (I know a big if), this contract is pretty decent. I think the most overpriced contract belongs to DLO unless he vastly improves his on court impact.

I'm beginning to wonder if D-Lo bullied you or someone you know. The loathing is approaching irrational at this point.

And I disagree about Beasley. Even without the legal woes he wasn't worth that deal.

I wonder if you get off to DLO, as your love for DLO has gotten irrational. I don't hate DLO the person, just think you constantly overhype him and the Wolves would have been better off without trading for him.

At this point, I think it's fair to wonder if you might be his biggest fan considering how often you bring him up unprovoked. The reality is that All-Star players, All-Star caliber players, and those with perceived All-Star potential usually get a max contract or something in the ball park of that.

D'Angelo Russell fits that category. Malik Beasley doesn't.

You never engage in any serious discussion about DLO. Your response always comes across as, shut up, DLO is an All-Star. He may have once made an All-Star team as a late addition courtesy of Adam Silver, but he has lots of warts, and you refuse to acknowledge them. DLO is an empty stats guy until proven otherwise and paying him the max and giving away all our 2021 draft picks, in what is supposed to a loaded draft, to acquire him may go down as one of the worst trades the Wolves have ever made.

He literally made the playoffs. You can't be an empty stats guys leading a fucking team to the playoffs.

I beg to differ. DLO has played on losing teams his entire career. That Nets team had a losing record when you count regular and postseason games. His career plus/minus stats have been worse than Wiggins. I'm calling him an empty stats guy (same as Wiggins and Lavine) unless he ever proves me wrong.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

[table]
[tr]
[th]Position[/th]
[th]Starter[/th]
[th]Rotation Player[/th]
[th]Depth[/th]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Point Guard[/td]
[td]D'Angelo Russell[/td]
[td]Ricky Rubio[/td]
[td]Jordan McLaughlin[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Shooting Guard[/td]
[td]Malik Beasley[/td]
[td]Josh Okogie[/td]
[td]Jaylen Nowell[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Small Forward[/td]
[td]Anthony Edwards[/td]
[td]Jarrett Culver[/td]
[td]Jake Layman[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Power Forward[/td]
[td]Juan Hernangomez[/td]
[td]Jarred Vanderbilt[/td]
[td]Jaden McDaniels[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Center[/td]
[td]Karl-Anthony Towns[/td]
[td]Naz Reid[/td]
[td]Omari Spellman[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Is this really what the Wolves are rolling with for the next season?
Monster

Post by Monster »

60WinTim wrote:Monster -- what were you expecting he would get?

Assuming the 4-year deal is structured with 8% raises, his starting salary would be 13.4 mil. And since the last year is a team option, we have only committed to 43.4 mil of the 60 mil.

You make a good point and that team option helps. This guy has a bunch of weed in his house, points a gun at people and tested positive for drugs when he knew a test would come because he might get his kids taken away. If that stuff is true (not sure why it would be made up) then I'm not paying him starter money I mean we don't even know if the guy is actually more than a bench player. It's like the contract we gave Dieng. Beasley was a restricted FA and 3 teams had money to spend and Hornets have a bunch of guards so they aren't offering him money. Atlanta? Seems unlikely. If the Knicks offer him more I say laugh at them let him walk and sign someone else that's a better value. It's a ridiculous contract. I'm very pissed off.

I was willing to give this front office the benefit of the doubt even though I'm not sure this board has been this negative about a draft ever but this move just seems so obviously bad to me it just make me think the other smart posters on this board have been right. Maybe Beasley will be good and turn his life around enough not to be a problem but I wouldn't bet my career on him being a big factor of my team for that price.