Beasley gets paid by the Wolves

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

Re: Beasley gets paid by the Wolves

Post by kekgeek »

khans2k5 wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:I would think the best deals for either Okogie or Culver were on the table or otherwise available last night. The frenzy and excitement of draft night opens trade doors that almost always close when the draft is over. Note also that every team in the League sees that the Wolves backcourt is overloaded and that Rosas is highly motivated to trade one of those guards. Safe to say, many of us won't like the deal when it's announced.

I'm at the point where I'm pretty sure we are just playing Josh and Edwards at the 3 this year and we are playing small all year.

*Edwards at the 4
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

WildWolf2813 wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:
Camden wrote:That's... fuck you, Gersson.

Once again, I'm at a loss for words. Gersson Rosas has earned the title Village Idiot. I don't know what more I can say. I do know that I'm probably done as a season ticket holder. The only thing that keeps me on after this season would be a new owner who fires Gersson.

then stop threatening to say it already and cancel.

So let me get this straight:

If you wanted to draft Wiseman, add another big like Bey at 17 and let Beasley go, who was starting at SG then?

Easy. Okogie, Culver, or a FA.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

lipoli390 wrote:I would think the best deals for either Okogie or Culver were on the table or otherwise available last night. The frenzy and excitement of draft night opens trade doors that almost always close when the draft is over. Note also that every team in the League sees that the Wolves backcourt is overloaded and that Rosas is highly motivated to trade one of those guards. Safe to say, many of us won't like the deal when it's announced.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. He has killed any leverage he has on trading a guard.
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

Well at least it wasnt Gallinari who just scored 61.5 million over 3 years. Crazy times. Money is gonna dry up with where the ratings have been.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Well now
khans2k5 wrote:
WildWolf2813 wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:

Once again, I'm at a loss for words. Gersson Rosas has earned the title Village Idiot. I don't know what more I can say. I do know that I'm probably done as a season ticket holder. The only thing that keeps me on after this season would be a new owner who fires Gersson.

If you wanted to draft Wiseman, add another big like Bey at 17 and let Beasley go, who was starting at SG then?

Culver or Okogie? We literally already had 2 developing SG's on the roster prior to all of these moves. Now we have 4 SG's and Russell will probably get some minutes there as well playing next to Ricky.

Nah. I like Okogie and Culver. Don't get me wrong, but I'm also aware that Okogie can't shoot (I do think he'll be around). He's not a starter in this league though. Culver on the other hand you guys spent most of the year ripping Rosas for getting him. Now you guys wanna rip Rosas for possibly parting with him (for who, we don't even know)?

The fact is that this team as is right now isn't gonna remain the same. Assuming Evans gets released, they still have to figure out where to dump Spellman and what to do regarding Hernangomez, McLaughling or the MLE. The offseason just started. There's still more to be done.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

WildWolf2813 wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:

I can't cancel. I've already paid for the season. And as I said, I'm waiting for a new owner, but you apparently didn't understand that part of my post. As for your hypothetical, the fact is the Wolves drafted Edwards, not Wiseman. And they signed Ricky. So while Beasley might have made sense under your hypothetical, he clearly doesn't make sense now. Signing Beasley for $15 million given the circumstances and without an offer from another team strikes me and many others on this board as ill-advised to say the least.

So I'll wait for new ownership, which we know is around the corner. Then we'll see what happens. In the meantime, your gave me advice so I'll give you some advice. Don't drive by Malik Beasley's house or let him babysit your children. :)
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Camden wrote:
KG4Ever wrote:
Camden wrote:They must think they can use his grossly overpriced contract to make a splash at the trade deadline. Otherwise... oof. Big mistake.

If Beasley behaves himself (I know a big if), this contract is pretty decent. I think the most overpriced contract belongs to DLO unless he vastly improves his on court impact.

I'm beginning to wonder if D-Lo bullied you or someone you know. The loathing is approaching irrational at this point.

And I disagree about Beasley. Even without the legal woes he wasn't worth that deal.

I wonder if you get off to DLO, as your love for DLO has gotten irrational. I don't hate DLO the person, just think you constantly overhype him and the Wolves would have been better off without trading for him.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

lipoli390 wrote:
WildWolf2813 wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:

I can't cancel. I've already paid for the season. And as I said, I'm waiting for a new owner, but you apparently didn't understand that part of my post. As for your hypothetical, the fact is the Wolves drafted Edwards, not Wiseman. And they signed Ricky. So while Beasley might have made sense under your hypothetical, he clearly doesn't make sense now. Signing Beasley for $15 million given the circumstances and without an offer from another team strikes me and many others on this board as ill-advised to say the least.

So I'll wait for new ownership, which we know is around the corner. Then we'll see what happens. In the meantime, your gave me advice so I'll give you some advice. Don't drive by Malik Beasley's house or let him babysit your children. :)

There was no rush to sign Beasley. Utilize your leverage of the legal troubles and small sample size and wait it out. You have his bird rights. If your top price is 15mil per, then you wait to see if another team offers that, and match it. If it goes over that mark, let him go and handicap another team's $.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

KG4Ever wrote:
Camden wrote:
KG4Ever wrote:
Camden wrote:They must think they can use his grossly overpriced contract to make a splash at the trade deadline. Otherwise... oof. Big mistake.

If Beasley behaves himself (I know a big if), this contract is pretty decent. I think the most overpriced contract belongs to DLO unless he vastly improves his on court impact.

I'm beginning to wonder if D-Lo bullied you or someone you know. The loathing is approaching irrational at this point.

And I disagree about Beasley. Even without the legal woes he wasn't worth that deal.

I wonder if you get off to DLO, as your love for DLO has gotten irrational. I don't hate DLO the person, just think you constantly overhype him and the Wolves would have been better off without trading for him.

At this point, I think it's fair to wonder if you might be his biggest fan considering how often you bring him up unprovoked. The reality is that All-Star players, All-Star caliber players, and those with perceived All-Star potential usually get a max contract or something in the ball park of that.

D'Angelo Russell fits that category. Malik Beasley doesn't.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

WildWolf2813 wrote:Well now
khans2k5 wrote:
WildWolf2813 wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:

Culver or Okogie? We literally already had 2 developing SG's on the roster prior to all of these moves. Now we have 4 SG's and Russell will probably get some minutes there as well playing next to Ricky.

Nah. I like Okogie and Culver. Don't get me wrong, but I'm also aware that Okogie can't shoot (I do think he'll be around). He's not a starter in this league though. Culver on the other hand you guys spent most of the year ripping Rosas for getting him. Now you guys wanna rip Rosas for possibly parting with him (for who, we don't even know)?

The fact is that this team as is right now isn't gonna remain the same. Assuming Evans gets released, they still have to figure out where to dump Spellman and what to do regarding Hernangomez, McLaughling or the MLE. The offseason just started. There's still more to be done.

I'd take the risk on Culver's development and have a properly balanced team with Bey and Wiseman than have a billion guards on the team making over 50% of our team payroll for 2 positions.

Edit: If Edwards just gets paid his cap hold we will have 77.5 million of the payroll being spent on Ricky/Russell/Beasley/Edwards/Culver/Okogie. That's 71% of the salary cap.