KG to get his jersey retired

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

KG to get his jersey retired

Post by kekgeek »

By the Celtics. I know KG can rub people the wrong way but it really sucks that our owner will not retire the best player in franchise history. Also hurts when some of the Wolves best players ever do not like Taylor (KG, Love, Jimmy)
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Re: KG to get his jersey retired

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

Yea, kg getting his jersey retired in Boston first is just wrong. Next thing you know, hes going into the hall wearing the celtics green.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Taylor sucks.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Garnett's #5 will be the 24th jersey retired by the Celtics.

The Wolves have only commemorated Flip and Malik Sealy's #2.

Sadly... both mostly because they died much too young.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

The more I think about this the more classless it is. We haven't had a player sniff Garnett's level of play and accomplishments. For Taylor to not retire his Jersey is just petty bullshit. It should have been done the day he officially retired. There is something categorically wrong with Taylor, this is a perfect example to add to the pile of reasons why players wouldn't want to be a part of this franchise.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

thedoper wrote:The more I think about this the more classless it is. We haven't had a player sniff Garnett's level of play and accomplishments. For Taylor to not retire his Jersey is just petty bullshit. It should have been done the day he officially retired. There is something categorically wrong with Taylor, this is a perfect example to add to the pile of reasons why players wouldn't want to be a part of this franchise.

The Wolves would gladly retire it, but Garnett has to be willing to participate. At this point that's not the case.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

My feelings on KG are unchanged. Wouldn't bother me one bit if he never gets his jersey retired here. I went from absolutely loving him as a young, hard-working player, to despising him as a bullying coward as an older player.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:
thedoper wrote:The more I think about this the more classless it is. We haven't had a player sniff Garnett's level of play and accomplishments. For Taylor to not retire his Jersey is just petty bullshit. It should have been done the day he officially retired. There is something categorically wrong with Taylor, this is a perfect example to add to the pile of reasons why players wouldn't want to be a part of this franchise.

The Wolves would gladly retire it, but Garnett has to be willing to participate. At this point that's not the case.

You are right, Cool. This is on Garnett. Taylor can be an idiot as he was that one time long ago when he questioned KG's commitment. But Glen also gave KG what was at the time the biggest contract in NBA history. He drafted KG's friend, Marbury. He went out and got Spree and the extra terrestrial to help propel KG to the Western Conference Finals. He brought back KG's friend Flip to run the organization and allowed Flip to give up assets to bring back KG. Most recently Glen hired another close friend of KG, Ryan Saunders, to be head coach. Has Taylor given KG a front office or assistant coaching position with the team? No, but no other NBA team has either. Most importantly, retiring a player's jersey is all about the fans and not the owner. Refusing to have his jersey retired here is a slight to the fans.

I'm still a KG fan based on they way he played and the loyalty he showed over the years here, never demanding a trade. But he also displayed some cowardly, immature bullying along the way.

Bottom line is this. I want to see his Timberwolves jersey retired here in Target Center. Glen want to do it. The ball is in KG's court. Thus far, he's holding the ball while the fan based that has loved him and ultimately paid his gigantic salary waits. That's on him.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

Wasn't there some kind of deal kg, flip, and Glenn had after flip brought kg back that they were both going to both buy a small part in ownership of the franchise? Then when flip died Glen decided to back out of the deal, if that's really what went down I wouldn't blame kg at all.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

BloopOracle wrote:Wasn't there some kind of deal kg, flip, and Glenn had after flip brought kg back that they were both going to both buy a small part in ownership of the franchise? Then when flip died Glen decided to back out of the deal, if that's really what went down I wouldn't blame kg at all.

By definition the deal died with Flip as he was Central to the deal. KG has a higher opinion of himself than is warranted off the court, Flip was able work with that, others not so much. I don't blame Glenn for backing away from that deal at all and KG's number not being retired is 100% on KG.

There is plenty to dislike about Taylor, this isn't one of them