GDT: Welcome to South Beach

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
WildWolf2813

Re: GDT: Welcome to South Beach

Post by WildWolf2813 »

kekgeek1 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:I also want to say thought it was interesting that the last 2 possessions the wolves went to Jmac. Not Dlo, not Beasley. The team has massive faith in Jmac and he rewarded them. Also think layman deserves credit, made 4 straight FTs including FTs to give the wolves the lead after a great cut by layman and great find by Jmac

Big change of pace from the days of just giving the ball to Butler or Wiggins in iso sets... over and over again?

Ya big change of pace. Speaking of butler, some random Twitter guy posted stats on Butler for the Heat. (So I don't know how accurate the stats are) but Butler is 1 of 15 on last possessions to take the lead or win. And is shooting like 37% in the 4th quarter this year. Once again don't know how accurate these stats are

Reminiscent of his numbers here.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Re: GDT: Welcome to South Beach

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Yeah, that last play where Butler got stuffed by three of our guys at once kind of reminds me of the fact he isn't the most athletic or explosive wing out there. He generally uses strength and grit to get to his spots and squeeze off shots or get fouled.

It's rare to see Ryan sort of out-duel the other coach, but in this case he won the battle with Spoelstra because his 5-out strategy and letting McLaughlin take his guy off the bounce worked and the Jimmy iso play didn't (although it did the first time due to the mix up between Okogie and Layman on a switch Jake didn't realize was happening).