GDT: Welcome to South Beach

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
GymRat [enjin:6592663]

Re: GDT: Welcome to South Beach

Post by GymRat [enjin:6592663] »

His dribble penetration and vision out of those drives, combined with players that actually move and slash, is a great asset. He's a perfect fit for the backup role and a nice change of pace guard.

He also works well in tandem with Russell in those small sets.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Iso Jimmy
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

I watched this one live on TV. Didn't see it coming. Very nice games by a number of players.

Still trying to wrap my head around having a player who can handle the ball AND score...
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

This is going to get even more fun when Devin Booker joins the party.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

- DLO and Beasley took 23 threes between the them. That is so Un-Wolves like, but nice to know we have guys that can go toe to toe with the best gun slingers out there. We have for a decade-plus been the victim versus the tormentor when it comes to the 3-ball.

- Trying to decide if Jauncho had an OK-ish game or not. He did get some big buckets.

- The defense was just awful this game....until the last three minutes. Good enough for the win tonight, but it's still a MASSIVE problem for this team.

- Reid with another mediocre game, but second game in a row he came out on the plus side of the equation anyway. Sometimes simply being big, setting good screens, and being in people's way can be helpful things even if the box score is lacking.

- JMac has just been getting better and better. A legit threat from beyond the arc or slithering his way to the hoop. Defense was better tonight than last outing.

- Martin is another guy that is a reliable 3-point shot away from being extremely useful.

- DLO...hell of a game. Love the fact he showed some leadership late in the game to rally the team. He and Beasley created a ton of gravitational pull that allowed McLaughlin a ton of space to get into the paint late.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Camden0916 wrote:This is going to get even more fun when Devin Booker joins the party.

We will win 150-149
GymRat [enjin:6592663]

Post by GymRat [enjin:6592663] »

As far as defense goes I think Quincy Lewis said it best during the post game.

You're not going to play great defense all game and hold teams to 85 points. Defense is timely in this league. If 3 minutes is all that matters and we win... okay fine. I'll take it over losing.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Camden wrote:Josh Okogie is a reliable three-point shot away from being a Robert Covington-like player for Minnesota. That's not an easy thing to get overnight, but I just can't see him not becoming at least league average on solid volume. His mechanics are clean when he's set and he had really solid results at Georgia Tech.

Great observation, Cam. I agree with you completely. He's one of my keepers to continue building around along with KAT, DLO and Beasley. I remain convinced that we should re-sign J-Mac and Martin to Naz-like contracts. Nowell and Layman round out a pretty good low-cost bench, although I'd also keep Vanderbilt as a very intriguing talent long term for the SF position. I still think this team needs a really good defensive big to play alongside KAT, but I won't hold my breath. Bottom line is that it's actually fun to watch this team again, even when they lose. Even better when they win like tonight.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Great win and fun game to watch. We competed and the energy was great.

Brilliant game from dlo and excellent night from malik, jmac, okogie and hernangomez and every body wlse. Its one of those games where every player that played contributed.

Now, convert jmac to a standard contract right away and extend hime for 3 more years with 2nd round money like nowell and naz. Im good with him as our backup pg of the future. He can play.
Tactical unit

Post by Tactical unit »

J-Mac so big tonight and so big in LAC win.......not sure how many teams will be after him due to size but we should lock him up even if it's slightly more than the Naz/Nowell deals. Rosas finding cheap talent is exactly how you round out a bench, feeling like we might finally be in good hands.