Phil Hughes traded!!!!

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Jester1534

Re: Phil Hughes traded!!!!

Post by Jester1534 »

I think you guys are over reacting a bit. I don't know anything about the catching prospect, but I can tell you that the 74th pick has about 30% chance of making it to
Majors based on my time scouting. With that being said this is consider a down class this year, even at the top of the draft there no consensus #1 pick in the top ten this year. I'm honestly shocked that they found someone to eat any of his contract. This team just needs to hit and they'll be fine, we have a reassuring Odorozii and two young guys who have been lights out the last 2-3 weeks and we're getting Ervin back soon. I just don't see the need to panic sell now for this team.
Tactical unit

Post by Tactical unit »

Catching prospects are typically slower to develop with the bat due to so much focus on defense and calling the game, so maybe his bat continues to develop.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Tactical unit wrote:Catching prospects are typically slower to develop with the bat due to so much focus on defense and calling the game, so maybe his bat continues to develop.

Very true. And his over .400 OBP in his two years in the minors indicates he already has a good eye at the plate. Jury's clearly out on this guy.
Monster

Post by Monster »

jester1534 wrote:I think you guys are over reacting a bit. I don't know anything about the catching prospect, but I can tell you that the 74th pick has about 30% chance of making it to
Majors based on my time scouting. With that being said this is consider a down class this year, even at the top of the draft there no consensus #1 pick in the top ten this year. I'm honestly shocked that they found someone to eat any of his contract. This team just needs to hit and they'll be fine, we have a reassuring Odorozii and two young guys who have been lights out the last 2-3 weeks and we're getting Ervin back soon. I just don't see the need to panic sell now for this team.

That Gibson guy looks pretty good too.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

monsterpile wrote:
jester1534 wrote:I think you guys are over reacting a bit. I don't know anything about the catching prospect, but I can tell you that the 74th pick has about 30% chance of making it to

Lol you guys will never let me live down my hate for Gibson
Monster

Post by Monster »

jester1534 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

Lol you guys will never let me live down my hate for Gibson

I wasn't trying to needle you. :) I was actually adding to the point of your post. Not many people saw this coming from Gibson there were some believers in him though. I was fairly skeptical but my hope for him was that he could be serviceable.