Official 2016 Offseasont Thread (Free Agents/Trades/Front Office Moves)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
bleedspeed

Official 2016 Offseasont Thread (Free Agents/Trades/Front Office Moves)

Post by bleedspeed »

I figured we need a catch all for everything not related to the draft. This should help clean up the offical draft thread and keep it focused on the prospects.
Carlos Danger

Re: Official 2016 Offseasont Thread (Free Agents/Trades/Front Office Moves)

Post by Carlos Danger »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I figured we need a catch all for everything not related to the draft. This should help clean up the offical draft thread and keep it focused on the prospects.

Good call. Here's a recent headline list:

http://hoopshype.com/2016/03/05/nba-free-agency-2016-the-top-players/
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

Our top 5 pick for Toronto's 1st round pick + Bismack Biyombo.
We select Sabonis with Toronto's pick.

Our top 5 pick for Denver's top 8 pick and their 15th-20th pick from Portland.
We select Poeltl and Grayson Allen

Our top 5 pick for the Buck's 10th-12th pick and Greg Monroe (He just doesn't fit in Milwaukee, nor does his contract. He may not be the best fit here, but he can produce and would be a good buy low get in my opinion.)
We select Skal or Demetrius Jackson with the Milwaukee pick.

Our top 5 pick for Bostons 2 picks in the 15-22 range and Crowder.
We select Grayson Allen and Diamond Stone. In a perfect world we would select Sabonis and Valentine here, but I think both may just be out of reach.

Any thoughts on these deals? Are any too unrealistic? Which one would you most prefer?
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Future, of the four deals you presented, I would definitely be interested in #1, #3, and #4.

The reason I don't like #2 is because we don't get an established player in the deal. If we are going to trade out of that top 5 slot, I want a veteran player coming back in some way. By the way, one scenario you didn't propose is a straight up swap of our pick for a vet, such as the Derrick Favors proposal bandied about on this board.

(by the way, I'm not sure Boston is willing to give up both of their 1sts AND Crowder for a top 5 pick....perhaps just one of their 1sts + Crowder, which I would still probably be in favor of).

Carlos Danger wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:I figured we need a catch all for everything not related to the draft. This should help clean up the offical draft thread and keep it focused on the prospects.

Good call. Here's a recent headline list:

http://hoopshype.com/2016/03/05/nba-free-agency-2016-the-top-players/

Biyombo, Mahinmi, Mozgov, Pachulia, and Ezeli all seem like potential targets to get us a true Center that can bang inside and clog the lane. None of these guys are 30 MPG type players, but they are someone in the rotation you can put next to KAT or Dieng when playing against especially big lineups. This wouldn't even be necessary if Pekovic returned to form, but that doesn't seem like it will ever happen.
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

TheFuture wrote:Our top 5 pick for Toronto's 1st round pick + Bismack Biyombo.

Our top 5 pick for the Buck's 10th-12th pick and Greg Monroe (He just doesn't fit in Milwaukee, nor does his contract. He may not be the best fit here, but he can produce and would be a good buy low get in my opinion.)

We select Grayson Allen and Diamond Stone. In a perfect world we would select Sabonis and Valentine here, but I think both may just be out of reach.

Any thoughts on these deals? Are any too unrealistic? Which one would you most prefer?

You are the first one to propose trading down. I actually like that idea of getting an established player AND a later pick. I could get on board with that depending on the details. We need players. I think we can get a couple via free agency. But has others have pointed out - we are not exactly an ideal landing spot for quality vets. So I like the "thinking outside the box" which allows us to keep adding young talent AND a player.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Well, this is an easy addition. Bring back Robbie Hummel for cheap...

I set that up to look like a joke, but I'm actually serious. I'd love to have him back on the team mainly because I trust that he's solid when he's on the floor during games and likely very solid in practice. We could have really used him this year and I don't say that strictly because of injuries. He would have been better than Payne, Bjelica and Smith by a mile.

Carlos Danger wrote:
TheFuture wrote:Our top 5 pick for Toronto's 1st round pick + Bismack Biyombo.

You are the first one to propose trading down. I actually like that idea of getting an established player AND a later pick. I could get on board with that depending on the details. We need players. I think we can get a couple via free agency. But has others have pointed out - we are not exactly an ideal landing spot for quality vets. So I like the "thinking outside the box" which allows us to keep adding young talent AND a player.

Right, the other reason I like it is because it's not clear to me that there is a big difference in talent between what might be available at 5 or 6 and what might be available in the teens and early 20s.

What I don't want though is to trade down for two rookies, which is why I didn't like his second proposal. That's too much of a good thing. A vet + lower 1st rounder would be fine with me.

Camden wrote:Well, this is an easy addition. Bring back Robbie Hummel for cheap...

I set that up to look like a joke, but I'm actually serious. I'd love to have him back on the team mainly because I trust that he's solid when he's on the floor during games and likely very solid in practice. We could have really used him this year and I don't say that strictly because of injuries. He would have been better than Payne, Bjelica and Smith by a mile.

Never joke about Robbie Hummel! Yes, excellent 14th or 15th man. You know when he's out there that he makes the right decisions, keeps the ball moving, takes good shots, etc. He also takes charges, something which no one else on our current roster does except for Rubio and Dieng. He's also a solid rebounder. Where do I sign the fan petition?
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

Q12543 wrote:

Right, the other reason I like it is because it's not clear to me that there is a big difference in talent between what might be available at 5 or 6 and what might be available in the teens and early 20s.

What I don't want though is to trade down for two rookies, which is why I didn't like his second proposal. That's too much of a good thing. A vet + lower 1st rounder would be fine with me.

I agree. Wouldn't be great if we could find a diamond later pick and get a player? It's a pipe dream...but hey, this is where were at.

Regarding Robbie Hummel. I loves Robbie. But I want to move on and would prefer better. I'd like roster spots 11-15 to be filled with specialty guys and young guys. Specialty like what Rudez was supposed to be (3 point shooter) and/or defensive stud. And young guys as in Tyus and maybe a second round pick or that Euro guy. If you look at this as is, we're going to have a lot of openings.

1.) Towns
2.) Wiggins
3.) Lavine
4.) Rubio
5.) Dieng
6.) Bazz
7.) Jones
8.) Pek
9.) Bjelica

That leaves 6 open spots assuming KG retires and Prince, Rudez, Payne and Smith are gone. We need players.