Official 2016 Offseasont Thread (Free Agents/Trades/Front Office Moves)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
bleedspeed

Re: Official 2016 Offseasont Thread (Free Agents/Trades/Front Office Moves)

Post by bleedspeed »

I would trade Rubio for Russell. (I am sticking to this even with Rubio's hot streak)
Monster

Post by Monster »

I'd be down with bringing in Hummel. There is 2 reasons I hesitate

1. He has a hard time staying healthy. He has missed a decent chunk of every professional season he has played. The last 2 years were bad luck broken hand and his shoulder but it's still a concern. Of course it's not like you are gonna give him a huge deal so you could probably just cut him if you really had to if you needed to bring in other guys.

2. His shooting just hasn't been good enough. He doesn't have to shoot amazing percentages but I think he needs to be better than he was last year shooting the ball since other than just playing very smart ball it's his skill on offense.

Now what I like about Hummel is he is sort of a middle ground between Prince and Rudez. All these guys are gonna play smart ball Rudez is the willing and able shooter but defense isn't his strength. Hummel is a more willing shooter and better defensive player than Tudez but not Prince's level especially going against a guards but he does a little better against big guys than either Prince and Rudez. Hummel seems like the deep bench type guy though that helps build your team if he can stay healthy and get a little better. He could stay around a long time and immediately would give the Wolves an option against those big SFs and Ryan anderson types that the Wolves don't have a great option right now.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

monsterpile wrote:

Bazemore is a really good recruiter though let's do what Under Armor did and overpay him. :)

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15047018/how-nike-lost-stephen-curry-armour

Long but really good article lots of interesting tidbits.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

We need to stop worrying about 11 - 15 and start worrying about 5 - 10 on the roster.

1 - 5 I believe we are sorted. In a perfect world Dieng would be the first big off the bench, but he has proved capable of starting next to KAT so I'm not too concerned, although I love the idea of trading our pick for Favors.

Here's my four key additions for the offseason.

* Hire a head coach who can develop and manage our young talent.
* Sign or trade for a 3 & D player with upside - I.e Bazemore, Snell, McClemore.
* Sign a capable back up PG who can score AND run an offense.
* Draft BPA or trade pick for legit starter.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I would trade Rubio for Russell. (I am sticking to this even with Rubio's hot streak)

I might have thought seriously about that trade in January, though I'm still not sure I would have done it, but not anymore. I'm on board with Rubio all the way -- completely -- as in, I'm not looking to trade him. He's our guy. He's our Draymond Green. He's our Tony Allen. He's our Joakim Noah. He's our tide-changer. Something about him being on the court is momentum in a bottle and uplifting even though numbers can't really show you exactly how much. Every team needs that guy. The guy that isn't a perfect player, but his presence just makes your team that much better. I'm not talking about a star, but the guy that really, really helps the star(s).
Monster

Post by Monster »

Camden0916 wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:I would trade Rubio for Russell. (I am sticking to this even with Rubio's hot streak)

I might have thought seriously about that trade in January, though I'm still not sure I would have done it, but not anymore. I'm on board with Rubio all the way -- completely -- as in, I'm not looking to trade him. He's our guy. He's our Draymond Green. He's our Tony Allen. He's our Joakim Noah. He's our tide-changer. Something about him being on the court is momentum in a bottle and uplifting even though numbers can't really show you exactly how much. Every team needs that guy. The guy that isn't a perfect player, but his presence just makes your team that much better. I'm not talking about a star, but the guy that really, really helps the star(s).

The Lakers were never doing that deal and certainly aren't doing it now that Russell is showing some of what they had hoped he would be when they selected him.

I'm all in on Rubio also.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Camden wrote:

I'm obviously a huge Rubio fan, but I'm also somewhat sympathetic to "the playoffs are a different animal" argument, which suggests teams will virtually ignore Rubio to focus all of their attention on the other guys. The answer of course from us Rubio-backers is, "look at what Kidd did".

That's why from my perspective the key for him is that open 3-pointer. I don't care as much about the pull-up mid-range jumper or struggles around the rim. I care about that 3-pointer, because if he can hit that, teams HAVE to respect that shot and it keeps them honest so that they can't gang up on the others. It means that, yes, you can put the ball in Wiggins, KAT, or LaVine's hands at crunchtime and park Rubio in the corner or wing beyond the arc. As long as his guy has to respect him out there, it works.
TeamRicky [enjin:6648771]

Post by TeamRicky [enjin:6648771] »

TheFuture wrote:Our top 5 pick for Toronto's 1st round pick + Bismack Biyombo.
We select Sabonis with Toronto's pick.

Our top 5 pick for Denver's top 8 pick and their 15th-20th pick from Portland.
We select Poeltl and Grayson Allen

Our top 5 pick for the Buck's 10th-12th pick and Greg Monroe (He just doesn't fit in Milwaukee, nor does his contract. He may not be the best fit here, but he can produce and would be a good buy low get in my opinion.)
We select Skal or Demetrius Jackson with the Milwaukee pick.

Our top 5 pick for Bostons 2 picks in the 15-22 range and Crowder.
We select Grayson Allen and Diamond Stone. In a perfect world we would select Sabonis and Valentine here, but I think both may just be out of reach.

Any thoughts on these deals? Are any too unrealistic? Which one would you most prefer?

Biyombo has a player's option so we could sign him as a free agent without compensation, so would hate the first idea. Boston probably wouldn't do that trade, Crowder is their best all around player. Monroe might be viewed as a bad contract by Milwaukee, so they might jump on that proposal and getting Skal too might be intriguing.
TeamRicky [enjin:6648771]

Post by TeamRicky [enjin:6648771] »

I'd offer the Lakers Bazz and a tuna fish sandwich. Maybe they'd bite.
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

TeamRicky wrote:

I'd offer the Lakers Bazz and a tuna fish sandwich. Maybe they'd bite.

Make that sandwich chicken salad and you've got a deal.