Official 2016 Offseasont Thread (Free Agents/Trades/Front Office Moves)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Duke13

Re: Official 2016 Offseasont Thread (Free Agents/Trades/Front Office Moves)

Post by Duke13 »

Easy to say Noel would go third in the draft to help prove your point or argument. My guess is if you polled league executives you would get a very wide range of opinions on Noel, this would be due to his very obvious offensive limitations. Some would prolly have him rated that high. I would think most would be very hesitant to give that much up for him. I suppose a lot would be based on team need and roster composition.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Duke13 wrote:Easy to say Noel would go third in the draft to help prove your point or argument. My guess is if you polled league executives you would get a very wide range of opinions on Noel, this would be due to his very obvious offensive limitations. Some would prolly have him rated that high. I would think most would be very hesitant to give that much up for him. I suppose a lot would be based on team need and roster composition.

Fair point, I would be shocked if he would be any lower than 5 though I mean he is younger than 2 highly rated prospects in Hield and Dunn. Also he proved he can be a good defensive player in the NBA. I am not saying there won't be 5 players who won't end up better than noel but at this point I would be shocked if he was not in the 3 to 5 range
Monster

Post by Monster »

kekgeek1 wrote:
Duke13 wrote:Easy to say Noel would go third in the draft to help prove your point or argument. My guess is if you polled league executives you would get a very wide range of opinions on Noel, this would be due to his very obvious offensive limitations. Some would prolly have him rated that high. I would think most would be very hesitant to give that much up for him. I suppose a lot would be based on team need and roster composition.

Fair point, I would be shocked if he would be any lower than 5 though I mean he is younger than 2 highly rated prospects in Hield and Dunn. Also he proved he can be a good defensive player in the NBA. I am not saying there won't be 5 players who won't end up better than noel but at this point I would be shocked if he was not in the 3 to 5 range

If Noel was somehow dropped into this draft and was on the same salary scale and control as a rookie it would be pretty hard to pass him up as a proven commodity (there are some concerns that have been outlined earlier) unless you felt really strongly another guy was gonna be a star. At this point of the draft process and evaluation I would take him at 3 and be thrilled. That's subjective though and there are some other nice players available 3-5 that I do like quite a bit.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Jimmy Butler set to be Bulls' representative at NBA draft lottery, by @KCJHoop trib.in/1TDFhu7
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

TeamRicky wrote:Cheap options in free agency for centers are Cole Aldrich, Ed Davis, Nene, Tarik Black and Ty Zeller.
I like but expect Mahinmi and Biyombo to get paid pretty well. I am not sure if Noah is a cheap option, but hopefully he would be for us with Thibs as the lure.

Roy Hibbert might also be a cheap option since his career has gone south. Does anyone think Thibs could rekindle that defensive fire he used to display?

If we can get a good player at a relative bargain salary, I'd like to target some of these guys. In no case do I want to overpay for anyone.

Ideally, Pek is good to go for limited minutes and that solves our issue with getting a guy that can match up at times with bulkier, bigger bigs. But if not, I'd be fine with Aldrich, Black, or may be Hibbert. We do need a 3rd Center behind (or sometimes with) KAT and Dieng that can play spot minutes to mix it up with some of the behemoths.
TeamRicky [enjin:6648771]

Post by TeamRicky [enjin:6648771] »

I'm cooling a bit on Noah as it sounds like Chicago will try to keep him and we might be in a bidding war for him and I strictly want him only if we get him cheaply as his production really tailed off last year and he's a huge injury risk. I was hoping we could sign him in the $4 to $7.5 million range and that might not be realistic unless he just wants to play for Thibs and be part of what we are building here.

What do others think we'd have to pay him?
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

Camden wrote:Jason had brought up that in trading for Noel, we'd have to pay him as a RFA after the season. Personally, I knew that in bringing it up and I'm okay with that, especially if Noel took his game to another level regardless of the reason (contract year, better coaching, whatever the case may be).

That $25-$30M per year I was ready to dish to Horford would instead be used on Noel and Dieng, assuming this hypothetical trade went down. We'd have the cap space to satisfy both of them in free agency, even if both were to get $15M annually.

I'd be replacing Dieng with Noel in the starting lineup, yeah, but Dieng would still get a heavy dose of minutes. What a three-headed monster situation that could be.

I'm not against paying guys, per se. The problem is the Wolves got one year. If they trade for him and let him go because he played poorly, and continues to, they traded the #5 pick for one year of a bad player. If they resign him and all he was doing was "pullilng a Cardinal", that's bad. If they let him go because they think he was "pulling a Cardinal" but in fact actually improved, that's bad. If he plays well, they resign him, and he continues to play well, that's good. So 4 possible results and only one of them is good. Sounds like a lot to go through.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

monsterpile wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:

If Noel was somehow dropped into this draft and was on the same salary scale and control as a rookie it would be pretty hard to pass him up as a proven commodity (there are some concerns that have been outlined earlier) unless you felt really strongly another guy was gonna be a star. At this point of the draft process and evaluation I would take him at 3 and be thrilled. That's subjective though and there are some other nice players available 3-5 that I do like quite a bit.

That's not my argument. If Noel was dropped into this draft with 4/5 years of team control and based on the experience he already has, that is tempting. But I said "current contract parameters". And for Noel, those are RFA in 12 months because he is entering his 4th year.
Monster

Post by Monster »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:

That's not my argument. If Noel was dropped into this draft with 4/5 years of team control and based on the experience he already has, that is tempting. But I said "current contract parameters". And for Noel, those are RFA in 12 months because he is entering his 4th year.

Fair enough. I was more making a larger clarification of a hypothetical if player X was in year YYYY draft type of stuff that gets brought up from time to time.
Volans19

Post by Volans19 »

Has Marvin Williams been brought up in this thread yet? I think that he will probably get somewhere around 12-16 million a year because he can play both SF/PF, defend pretty well, and hit 3's. His rebounding is a little bit of a concern as far as being the starting 4 next to KAT but he could play well with both Dieng and KAT in terms of offense or just be a solid all around guy off the bench.

Questions: Would Williams take Bejilca's spot in the rotation?
Was this season just another example of a player in a contract year performing abnormally well?
How much is too much for a 30 year old on this young team?