Official 2016 Offseasont Thread (Free Agents/Trades/Front Office Moves)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Porckchop

Re: Official 2016 Offseasont Thread (Free Agents/Trades/Front Office Moves)

Post by Porckchop »

KiwiMatt wrote:Don't understand why everyone wants to trade Bazz for a sack of spuds. Although inconsistent he's the only guy we currently have coming off the bench capable of dropping in 20 points. We need that and it's not easy to replace.

I like the idea of playing small ball lineups with Bazz at the four. He's great in post and has a nose for offensive rebounds and put backs. He also has a great attitude and is a hard worker as evident not only in game but also during the off season. He also doesn't complain about coming off the bench and seems to be a good team mate.

Agreed Kiwi.
Monster

Post by Monster »

thedoper wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
thedoper wrote:
PorkChop wrote:I understand what your saying, but how many 6 man of the year award winners are above average contributors on both ends . This year maybe, but Crawford is an offense only guy . Yes he's better than Bazz but I'm still not sure we've seen the best of him yet either . If we expect all of our top players to improve next year it's fair to assume he should get better too right?

I think you're right on with what you are saying about Bazz. Already contributed at a pace where he was top in the league in points per touch. We need to see him under a real coach. It was no coincidence that Stevens wanted him. That kind of scoring can't be replaced.

It would be interesting to see what a Thibs or JVG might get out of Bazz. Sam was pretty hard on Bazz this year wanting him to pass play defense and play more in flow. Oddly that's what we all wanted him to improve on and at different points of the season I think he showed some actual improvement. It wasn't enough but I think he did get better.

Also maybe he didn't have many 20+ ppg outings but the guy only played 20mpg. There were reasons he played those few minutes (outlined above) but he is definitely a guy that can give a big time spark off the bench. With how hard he works I could see him being endearing to some coaches pretty easily.

I think you just need to look at the difference to how Flip was using Bazz in limited minutes. Depending on matchup, Flip was sometimes starting Bazz at the 2. I don't think it was a coincidence that Bazz was leading the league in points per touch under Flip. Sam had no clue on adjusting lineups to exploit weaknesses, his substitutions were all reactionary. Which is why we rarely dictacted flow this year. Bazz is a matchup nightmare. A great coach would exploit this without giving up on defense.

Actually from what Sam said about what he wanted Bazz to improve on I would say a lot of the time Sam didn't exploit Bazz's match ups because he wanted Bazz to do more than just his thing. If you look back at how he used him down the stretch he did play him a lot at SG and Bazz mentioned that when talking about Sam. I've said all season Sam was harder on Bazz than anyone including Lavine. idk if it will end up paying off down the line but like I said there were some good signs at different points. Put Bazz with a couple guys that will pass him the ball when he is wide open in the corners or cuts to the basket or about to house some little guy and yeah it would make a big difference. Much of the season he was not playing with those types of players.

I'll say this about Bazz. I thought he would have improved his ball handling more than he has especially when he has Ryan Saunders as a coach who has been praised as a good that's helped other guys in that dept. I will say that later in the season he did have a few times where he went into the lane to do his Bazz thing but pulled up and kicked the ball out. Bazzz with the drive and kick? Yeah pretty nifty I didn't think Inwas going to be saying anything like that. Lol
worldK

Post by worldK »

Camden wrote:
worldK wrote:Would you guys be interested in a vet big like tyson chandler or nene? A big, whether a pf or c is a priority for us and if we cant get horford or favors, will you be willing to settle for chandler or nene?

Tyson is not a free agent but I could see the suns trading him and nene can still play but is a walking injury. I will like to have tyson as he gives us a vet that will do the dirty work and stand up for his teammates and fit in with towns and dieng.

In my opinion, Tyson Chandler is washed. He's just not good anymore. I guess age finally caught up to him. I'd look elsewhere for a big.

As for Nene, he's still got something in the tank, but you never know how healthy he's gonna be. Every season's a mystery.

Camden wrote:
worldK wrote:Would you guys be interested in a vet big like tyson chandler or nene? A big, whether a pf or c is a priority for us and if we cant get horford or favors, will you be willing to settle for chandler or nene?

Tyson is not a free agent but I could see the suns trading him and nene can still play but is a walking injury. I will like to have tyson as he gives us a vet that will do the dirty work and stand up for his teammates and fit in with towns and dieng.

In my opinion, Tyson Chandler is washed. He's just not good anymore. I guess age finally caught up to him. I'd look elsewhere for a big.

As for Nene, he's still got something in the tank, but you never know how healthy he's gonna be. Every season's a mystery.

Tyson can still defend and can still rebound at a high rate. Play him 20-24mins a game and he can still be effective.
Monster

Post by Monster »

It would be nice to get a vet big that seemed likely to play more than 50 games since it already seems likely to have Pek and KG who may not play 50 games between them. It's been said the current Wolves front office likes Miles Plumblee. How much money would you offer to try and get him away from the Bucks? He isn't wildly exciting but could be just good enough to be the big backup center this team needs.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

PorkChop wrote:Pau Gasol a fa this year? He'd look pretty good next to Towns and a lot cheaper than Horford. How was his relationship with Thibs?

Yes, he's a free agent. No, we should not pursue him. Again, he's looking for $20M per year. He's still an adequate rim protector, but he's fallen off a cliff entirely in every other aspect of team defense. He's just super slow footed now. Doesn't fit with what we need currently.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

monsterpile wrote:It would be nice to get a vet big that seemed likely to play more than 50 games since it already seems likely to have Pek and KG who may not play 50 games between them. It's been said the current Wolves front office likes Miles Plumblee. How much money would you offer to try and get him away from the Bucks? He isn't wildly exciting but could be just good enough to be the big backup center this team needs.

$3M per year max.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

PorkChop wrote:
KiwiMatt wrote:Don't understand why everyone wants to trade Bazz for a sack of spuds. Although inconsistent he's the only guy we currently have coming off the bench capable of dropping in 20 points. We need that and it's not easy to replace.

I like the idea of playing small ball lineups with Bazz at the four. He's great in post and has a nose for offensive rebounds and put backs. He also has a great attitude and is a hard worker as evident not only in game but also during the off season. He also doesn't complain about coming off the bench and seems to be a good team mate.

Agreed Kiwi.

The thing is I like shabazz but with him being a RFA the wolves need to predict how much is he going to improve and how much is he going to make on the open market based on how little or how much he improves. Can the wolves find a player who is cheaper that can do similar things.

The wolves are going to have two years with cap space (based on what they do this offseason). I am worried that a team is going to overpay for shabazz next offseason and the wolves will either lose him to FA and get no asset back or lose flexibility going forward with re-signing, him.

Wolves have to do a good job projecting shabazz because he is one the big question marks on what to do with next season
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

Camden0916 wrote:
PorkChop wrote:Pau Gasol a fa this year? He'd look pretty good next to Towns and a lot cheaper than Horford. How was his relationship with Thibs?

Yes, he's a free agent. No, we should not pursue him. Again, he's looking for $20M per year. He's still an adequate rim protector, but he's fallen off a cliff entirely in every other aspect of team defense. He's just super slow footed now. Doesn't fit with what we need currently.

I saw he made 7.5 mil last year, had no idea he was looking for 20 mil going forward.
TeamRicky [enjin:6648771]

Post by TeamRicky [enjin:6648771] »

PorkChop wrote:

Agreed Kiwi.

He hasn't improved meaningfully in three years and he's a huge negative when he's on the floor. He ranked 458 out 462 in RPM and 461 out of 462 in Defensive RPM. When we are in tank mode, Bazz is an asset. Now that we want to win going forward, let him help another team that wants to tank. Sure Bazz can score but its at the expense of allowing the other team to score more. If we can get a first rounder for Bazz we'd be foolish not to take it. I'd be thrilled if we get a top 38 pick for him.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

TeamRicky wrote:
PorkChop wrote:

Agreed Kiwi.

He hasn't improved meaningfully in three years and he's a huge negative when he's on the floor. He ranked 458 out 462 in RPM and 461 out of 462 in Defensive RPM. When we are in tank mode, Bazz is an asset. Now that we want to win going forward, let him help another team that wants to tank. Sure Bazz can score but its at the expense of allowing the other team to score more. If we can get a first rounder for Bazz we'd be foolish not to take it. I'd be thrilled if we get a top 38 pick for him.

We can't just give him away, he is an asset and a second round pick is not getting us an asset. Also RPM might be one of the worst stats in the NBA. If you go by RPM, Towns is not the rookie of the year (jokic is). Also Cole Aldrich and Jeff Withey are better than Towns if you go by RPM.

It is a stat you bring up a lot and any stat that says Jeff Withey and Cole Aldrich are better than Towns is hard for me to get behind.

Also towns is 66th, out of 77 in DRPM should we trade him. I am sorry for coming at you but I hate that stat so much and that is the stat you use all the time to discredit Bazz

I understand the point of trading Bazz with him going to get paid next season but you are way to hard on him, he does 2 things very well for his position in Rebounding and low post scoring. For a bench guy that is not bad at all