Official 2016 Offseasont Thread (Free Agents/Trades/Front Office Moves)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
TheFuture

Re: Official 2016 Offseasont Thread (Free Agents/Trades/Front Office Moves)

Post by TheFuture »

thedoper wrote:
monsterpile wrote:Wow if this happens

Knicks and Bulls are in advanced talks on a deal to send Derrick Rose to New York, sources tell @ShamsCharania and me.

https://twitter.com/wojverticalnba/status/745695860189728768

Wowzers

The Bulls are sending Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday and a 2017 2nd-round pick for Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant and Jose Calderon, per source.

https://twitter.com/kcjhoop/status/745696405860270081

Wow. Jackson seems to methodically be building a nice team. Not a lot given up there for a crap shoot on Rose. I like this deal.

I like this more for the Bulls. Robin Lopez is underrated by some. At 13mil over 4 years he's going to be a bargain. Jerian Grant is promising as a PG who was drafted just last year in the first round with Calderon his one year insurance.
Monster

Post by Monster »

thedoper wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
thedoper wrote:https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/745695829789315072

Stein saying the Hawks did the deal to shop both their picks. Sign and trade for Horford???

I was thinking they could package them to move up in the draft.

That is what I am thinking too. But doesn't this also say rebuild if that is their strategy. I think they are sure Horford is gone. They just traded Teague. There is something going on there, seems like a fire sale.

They have Schroeder so moving. Teague for something else wasn't completely mean a rebuild but if that's what happens it ain't a bad deal either.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Camden0916 wrote:Fantastic trade for Chicago. Didn't imagine that Derrick Rose could yield that much. Robin Lopez and Jerian Grant for a bad contract is splendid.

Yep honestly it's a great deal. Just getting Lopez back would have been good. Grant might end up working well with Butler.
Hicks123 [enjin:6700838]

Post by Hicks123 [enjin:6700838] »

Camden wrote:Fantastic trade for Chicago. Didn't imagine that Derrick Rose could yield that much. Robin Lopez and Jerian Grant for a bad contract is splendid.

I was thinking the same thing. Rose is overvalued based on the player he used to be....but his career is nearly over. I actually am surprised they got as much as they did.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

Camden wrote:Fantastic trade for Chicago. Didn't imagine that Derrick Rose could yield that much. Robin Lopez and Jerian Grant for a bad contract is splendid.

Yeah, Chicago just ended all the Butler trade talk. Butler, Lopez, Grant, Gibson, Dunleavy, McDermott, Mirotic, Calderon, Portis is a good team going forward.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Don't know if anyone posted it, but "Kenneth Faried to the Wolves" rumors are floating around today. I posted about his rebounding prowess, valuable contract, and good relationship with Thibs in the past. I wonder what the specifics would look like.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Camden0916 wrote:Don't know if anyone posted it, but "Kenneth Faried to the Wolves" rumors are floating around today. I posted about his rebounding prowess, valuable contract, and good relationship with Thibs in the past. I wonder what the specifics would look like.

Yeah I was wondering that too. After listening to the PC yesterday I don't think they would do #5 for Fariid they seem to value that pick pretty highly and Indiana got Teague for #12. Fariid would be a nice fit here.

You know another team that he would give them just what they need? The Warriors. Sign and trade for Barnes? That's just throwing something out there but the Warriors could use that type of player. The Nuggets have a lot of big guys too and could easily stock them more in this draft.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Camden wrote:Don't know if anyone posted it, but "Kenneth Faried to the Wolves" rumors are floating around today. I posted about his rebounding prowess, valuable contract, and good relationship with Thibs in the past. I wonder what the specifics would look like.

The Wolves killer to join us?? Interesting. Yeah, I'm curious what might be offered too.
Hicks123 [enjin:6700838]

Post by Hicks123 [enjin:6700838] »

Camden wrote:Don't know if anyone posted it, but "Kenneth Faried to the Wolves" rumors are floating around today. I posted about his rebounding prowess, valuable contract, and good relationship with Thibs in the past. I wonder what the specifics would look like.

This one is a bit confusing. I definitely see the Wolves interest, but not sure what we have that they would want. They already have picks 7, 15 and 19....so while 5 would be their best, it is probably less appealing. Again, I don't see a great fit on resources going back to the Nuggets. Maybe a future unprotected 1st? Probably needs to be a 3 team deal.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Speaking of the Nuggets and Wolves there are going to play a preseason game here in Lincoln on October. My wife (who isn't not a sports person) just sent me an email about the pre sale for tickets for the game that starts tomorrow morning. I'm pretty pumped about going.