Official 2016 Offseasont Thread (Free Agents/Trades/Front Office Moves)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
TeamRicky [enjin:6648771]

Re: Official 2016 Offseasont Thread (Free Agents/Trades/Front Office Moves)

Post by TeamRicky [enjin:6648771] »

Camden wrote:Who knew that saying someone was "very solid" was calling them "chopped liver?" I'm pretty sure that's not an accurate representation of what I said.

Dieng's better offensively than Noel, but he's not a star on that end by any means. Noel's already much better than Dieng defensively. Guess what this team needs more? I also think playing with a team of competent offensive players would allow Noel to be more effective on that end.

The cool thing about my scenario is that we could perhaps have BOTH of them, depending on market value for each of them. Towns/Noel/Dieng/Bjelica is really intriguing to me.

I was referring to calling him "unspectacular" and saying he is a finished product. I don't think he's done improving, especially since Thibs will work with him and he's shown continuous improvement. You might be surprised, but Dieng had a higher Defensive RPM than Noel and killed him in offensive RPM. Dieng was ranked 39th in overall RPM. I get the love for Noel to an extent, but right now he's not as good as Gorgui. I think because of the age difference you assume Noel will surpass Gorgui and we really don't know if that will occur or not. I like Noel, but my biggest concerns with him are free throw shooting, his poor assist to turnover ratio, his offensive range and durability.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

Volans19 wrote:Jamal Crawford 2/13? Yay or nay?

Listening to players like Jared Dudley (I would also really like Dudley on this squad), Austin Rivers, and our own Zach Lavine talk about him makes me think he would be a good vet to add some "MENTORING" while also still being able to play. He wants to remain a Clipper anyways and Thibs won't like his defense but I'm feeling it.

I don't get the "2/13" reference. February 13th? Two years/$13m total? Two years/$13m per?

But yeah, his best position is the 2, so how does that work with Zach? I'm open to trading Zach, especially now since his (dunking) star is shining brightest, but do the Wolves do that?
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I don't think you'll find anyone besides Gorgui and his own mother that would call him a "spectacular" NBA player, so I'm not apologizing for that one.

You seemed to like DRtg last time I checked, so I'll give you the breakdown there.

Noel in 2014-15: 99
Dieng in 2014-15: 108

Noel in 2015-16: 103
Dieng in 2015-16: 106

If you also look at defensive BPM (Box Plus-Minus), which is simply overall BPM minus offensive BPM, Noel has the edge there too.

Noel in 2014-15: 4.5
Dieng in 2014-15: 2.4

Noel in 2015-16: 3.4
Dieng in 2015-16: 2.4

Noel's better defensively than Dieng. I stand by that. I think his situation in Philly also doesn't help him offensively. The Sixers best point guard has been Ish Smith and their best player is a low-post mammoth in Okafor. Floor spacing doesn't exist there except for an inconsistent Stauskas. I'm not arguing that Noel's better offensively than Dieng, but in Minnesota I'd expect him to be better there if only for the players surrounding him making his job easier (Towns, Rubio, LaVine, Wiggins, Dieng).
Volans19

Post by Volans19 »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:

Listening to players like Jared Dudley (I would also really like Dudley on this squad), Austin Rivers, and our own Zach Lavine talk about him makes me think he would be a good vet to add some "MENTORING" while also still being able to play. He wants to remain a Clipper anyways and Thibs won't like his defense but I'm feeling it.

I don't get the "2/13" reference. February 13th? Two years/$13m total? Two years/$13m per?

But yeah, his best position is the 2, so how does that work with Zach? I'm open to trading Zach, especially now since his (dunking) star is shining brightest, but do the Wolves do that?

That's that shorthand for years and total $

You do realize Crawford has played off the bench for the past 3 years (if not longer) right? That doesn't effect Zach at all.

Zach has earned the right in my eyes to have the starting SG spot next year. I'm just eyeing potential veteran backups that won't cost much.
Monster

Post by Monster »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:

I don't see any way that the Wolves are gonna trade Lavine.

People assume Thibs only wants defensive guys. Think about the bunch of guards Thibs has given plenty of leeway to fire up tons-plenty of shots.

Derrick Rose
Nate Robinson
DJ Augustin
Aaron Brooks

I could see Thibs being ok with brining in Crawford and Darren Wolfson has said for months Crawford wants to come here but take that FWIW. I don't know if Thibs would be willing to give Crawford much money for being a bench scorer. I both like Crawford and don't like him. How many minutes can we realistically give him?

Volans19 wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:

You do realize Crawford has played off the bench for the past 3 years (if not longer) right? That doesn't effect Zach at all.

Zach has earned the right in my eyes to have the starting SG spot next year. I'm just eyeing potential veteran backups that won't cost much.

To me, based on who is on the roster as I type this, MIN's best lineup is Wiggins at the 2 and Bazz at the 3. Not that I have any real sway with anyone, but I will need my mind changed by results, not words. I just think when it comes to Zach, people pay way too much attention to the dunks.
Monster

Post by Monster »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:
Volans19 wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:

To me, based on who is on the roster as I type this, MIN's best lineup is Wiggins at the 2 and Bazz at the 3. Not that I have any real sway with anyone, but I will need my mind changed by results, not words. I just think when it comes to Zach, people pay way too much attention to the dunks.

Honestly I don't think there are any posters here that get that caught up in Zach's dunks. There has been way way too much in depth conversation on his game the last 2 years to make me think that. I'm glad there is someone stumping for Bazz it's refreshing.

monsterpile wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:
Volans19 wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:

Honestly I don't think there are any posters here that get that caught up in Zach's dunks. There has been way way too much in depth conversation on his game the last 2 years to make me think that. I'm glad there is someone stumping for Bazz it's refreshing.

Bazz isn't perfect. His passing eye is a cross between Steve Dils and Spurgeon Wynn. But he can shoot, and he doesn't get pushed around in the post.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I'd rather not go after Crawford. Too old to really grow with the team and be there when we need him most. Too shot-hungry, and I'm not really a fan of his brand of basketball (bad shots are plentiful). He's also a poor defender.

I guess I wouldn't absolutely hate it because he's got a relationship with Zach and I'd get to see him hit half-court shots against someone that wasn't us, but it's not an ideal match, IMO.
TeamRicky [enjin:6648771]

Post by TeamRicky [enjin:6648771] »

Camden wrote:I don't think you'll find anyone besides Gorgui and his own mother that would call him a "spectacular" NBA player, so I'm not apologizing for that one.

You seemed to like DRtg last time I checked, so I'll give you the breakdown there.

Noel in 2014-15: 99
Dieng in 2014-15: 108

Noel in 2015-16: 103
Dieng in 2015-16: 106

If you also look at defensive BPM (Box Plus-Minus), which is simply overall BPM minus offensive BPM, Noel has the edge there too.

Noel in 2014-15: 4.5
Dieng in 2014-15: 2.4

Noel in 2015-16: 3.4
Dieng in 2015-16: 2.4

Noel's better defensively than Dieng. I stand by that. I think his situation in Philly also doesn't help him offensively. The Sixers best point guard has been Ish Smith and their best player is a low-post mammoth in Okafor. Floor spacing doesn't exist there except for an inconsistent Stauskas. I'm not arguing that Noel's better offensively than Dieng, but in Minnesota I'd expect him to be better there if only for the players surrounding him making his job easier (Towns, Rubio, LaVine, Wiggins, Dieng).

Nobody called Gorgui spectacular, so I don't know why you bring that up. You called him unspectacular. When you call someone unspectacular, its got a negative or even insulting connotation like calling someone meh, mediocre or not great

Actually, I use DRPM not D-Rating for NBA players but look at individual defensive stats too. Since there aren't DRPM stats for college players, I use D-Rating when looking at College Players. I am not taking a firm stance on who is better defensively (especially since I see so little of Noel play) but Dieng is a two way player and Noel is hopeful of being one, but isn't at this time. I wouldn't mind having both guys here